Author Topic: My new to me finished farkled 06  (Read 6309 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Re: My new to me finished farkled 06
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
The windshield is the ceebailey. Its 21.5 with the naca duct vent.  I am 5. 7  so I needed the short cut windshield.  T-Cro I read up on all the procedures, bought all the aircraft stripper, polishes, rouge aircraft polish u name it I bought it and had it.  Stripped out the wheels bearing etc.  and started.  T cro dont believe the hype it was a pain in the A--.  After a Gozilion of my hours and still not looking worth a damn, I through in the towell and called Metro Wheels in Marietta ga.  I googled them and  they were the no.1 hit. I called them and talked to a guy name Tim,  They had recently been bought by a German Engineer name Alex.  The rest is history.  I was born in Germany So I am kindof partial to German Engineering and finese.  Alex did not let me down.  His attention to detail is more than mine. I spokle with him and explained what I had done and what I was looking for.  They stipped off my uuhhhweee ggoooowwwee mess, polished lightly the lips, shot the center with the German B.B.S. Silver then came back with a slightly more hand polish on the lips( I dont care for the Chrome look) then everything was powdercoated clear with a  lifetime warranty on any of there work.  The also do repair work I saw wheels in there from Ferrari, Porsche Bmw Ford they had repaired. They had a pic of before a new bmw st front wheel that was wadded up, I held the wheel I could not tell it had been repaired and refinished. These guys are the ****.  I did not think about it but maybe an alternative to Kosman on getting wheels enlarged. i cant believe the cost increase from kosman more competiton would surely drive the price down.  Anyway  the cost was 150.00 per wheel so 300 to me with the way they turnned out was a bargain for me.  Anyway thx again for the praise.  Regards Steve

no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline dbethel

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
Very clean!

D.

Offline tvpierce

• '99 Concours
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:21 AM »
Looks great!

Where'd you get your clear signal lenses?
I don't want a pickle... I just wanna ride my motorsickle.

Offline Leo

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 05:51:07 AM »
Great looking bike, nice detail work.   I notice that you have no passenger pegs.  I take it that you don't have a lady friend that you would take with you? 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:24 AM »
Very nice!!!
'02 C-10

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
tvpierce, I got the lenses from WoW World of wheels in marietta ga. But the packaging had parts unlimited on them,
so I am pretty sure you get them from parts unlimited, they are the ones for the zx-9 fit all day long.  Let me know if any difficulties in trying and I wll see what I can come up with. Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Leo, thx for the flowers on my scooter,  The wife and I have been together 35 years I am 52 on June 22 and have been riding since my Rupp Minibike when I was 8 years old so thats 44 years now on a Bike.  Now she( meaning the wife) knows I love her dearly, The mother of my kids yada da ya da da , However she also knows my very first love with the exception of my dearly departed mother is and will always be a 2 wheeler. Ha.   So with that in a nut shell, naw she dont like ridin on the back.  Has 1 time in 35 years and just did not like it.  I started my son off at 5 years old he is now30 and a controlled rider for sportbike tracktime. He rides an Aprilia Mile and a 748 Duck.  So its just me and my girlfriend Connie.  So I was kind of going for the Italian Mono-pasto theme.  I used the right side passenger bracket for the muffler mount I had to modify it.  Thx partner  Regards Steve                                      Crocker thx for your appreciation.      Its been a good farkling Like I stated earlier Jim Snyder was my insporation onthe 4/1 exhaust, I am planning on one of his ontario headers later on so this little set up will be available soon probably after Aug if anybodys interested.   Steve in Sunny Fla is the best not to mention Gary murphy and anybody else who had a hand in it with advise and ideas.  Thx Steve