Author Topic: Where to buy Grip Puppies?  (Read 16486 times)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
Re: Where to buy Grip Puppies?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
It looks like grip puppies have shipping, beemer buddies have free shipping.... the thing I didn't think I'd dig about the beemer buddies was the fact that they're a wrap, so they have a "seam" where the sides meet.  That would bother me to no end.  LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
Guess they lowered the Grip Puppies price slightly and started charging 2.70 for shipping.  I thought they were like 11.00 and free shipping previously. 

Offline bikelee

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
Are the Grip Buddies thinner than the Grip Puppies. I find the Puppies too thick. Thanks !!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
Are the Grip Buddies thinner than the Grip Puppies. I find the Puppies too thick. Thanks !!

Maybe slightly but not enough to really feel the difference. 

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
It looks like grip puppies have shipping, beemer buddies have free shipping.... the thing I didn't think I'd dig about the beemer buddies was the fact that they're a wrap, so they have a "seam" where the sides meet.  That would bother me to no end.  LOL

Yeah, that bothered me too. I no longer have them installed; contemplating a pair of puppies...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
Guys, just in case you don't know...
I have used both. Here are the plusses and minuses.

Grip Puppies:
Good: Nice and thick, easy to install, durable.
Bad: If they aren't glued properly, the spin on your existing grips. They are foam, if it rains, mists they SUCK. They soak up the water and its hard to get it out. I don't buy them any longer because of this.

Beemer Buddies:
Good: They are wrapped on the outside with Neoprene, or something like it so they DON'T soak up water. They don't slip. They can be removed and even reapplied a few times.
Bad:  The neoprene wears through in about 9 months of regular riding, but they now have a more industrial strenght version that is supposed to last longer. They have a seam that you must get just right so you don't notice it. Yes it can be done.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »
They have a seam that you must get just right so you don't notice it. Yes it can be done.

You grossly underestimate how A.R. I am about some things... LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
They bothered me for a while too, then I got over it.
I didn't have to relocate the seam twice in the process.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »
FYI on a new Beemer Buddie product.
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,31907.msg191841.html#msg191841

SNEAK PREVIEW :

We have on the drawings boards a newly designed set of Sharkskin OGB's which will be designed to be slightly denser and tougher rubber, while still maintaining the all-weather embossed rubber surface pattern everyone likes so much, and all of the  other great characteristics of our existing sharkskins. These will most likely be called
Super Sharkskin OGB's, and will definitely incorporate the best characteristics of all of our grips, and will be as bulletproof a product as we can possibly make. More on this later. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks again for your invaluable feedback.

Best,

Dave R.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
How well do the heated grips work with these?

The grips do take considerably longer to get warm (few min instead of a few sec), but they work just fine once they are up to temp.  I have had mine on over a year- no prob.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »

Grip Puppies:
Bad: If they aren't glued properly, the spin on your existing grips.

On which gen?  On my gen2 bike, they have NEVER slipped and I don't use any glue.  In fact, they were quite difficult to get on.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »

Grip Puppies:
Bad: If they aren't glued properly, the spin on your existing grips. They are foam, if it rains, mists they SUCK. They soak up the water and its hard to get it out. I don't buy them any longer because of this.

Beemer Buddies:
Good: They are wrapped on the outside with Neoprene, or something like it so they DON'T soak up water. They don't slip. They can be removed and even reapplied a few times.
Bad:  The neoprene wears through in about 9 months of regular riding, but they now have a more industrial strenght version that is supposed to last longer. They have a seam that you must get just right so you don't notice it. Yes it can be done.

+1, however I never had to use any glue. Just a little dish-washing liquid to make the install easier.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:37:29 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »
On which gen?  On my gen2 bike, they have NEVER slipped and I don't use any glue.  In fact, they were quite difficult to get on.

+2  No slipping and No Glue
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Got the Grip Buddies in Friday. Installed in seconds. Initial look and feel of the product was quality and soft, yet not to spongy. Outer covering is non slip. even with gloves on.
  Took the bike out saturday for a quick 140 mile ride with some friends through the hill country. The grips perform exactly as advertised. With padded gloves on my hands fit snugly aroung them. The feel was firm, but cushioned when squeezed. They seem to be very durable. however, time will tell. They definitely took away the hand fatigue I was getting from the stock grips. The handling of the bike ( from the handlebar standpoint) overall, to me felt better. They never moved or shifted from the mounted location.
 I give these a thumbs up, and would definitely recommend them.

Mark....... 8) 

Offline JerBear

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Grip puppies, best 11 Dollars I've spent on my bike!
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
So where can we buy Grip Puppies to fit our bikes?
The previous links are not good.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline AlanS

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
I do not know about Grip Puppies, I have been using GrabOn Grip Covers since the '80s. Set on my BMW Airhead are about 15 years old, Goldwing the set is 5 years old and The Kawi got em 2 years ago. Work great on heated grips, no gluing required, no slip either.
To fit the Coucours ABS you can get them here:
http://www.amazon.com/Grab-On-Grips-Grip-Cover/dp/B00230P2E4

Use rubbing alcohol to install, pour some inside and wipe the OEM grip with it on a paper towel.
Start pushing and twisting don't stop, wipe the OEM grip again if needed.
The link above fits the Concours perfectly cover the entire flat portion of the grips.
Alan
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

elp_jc

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 04:35:02 PM »
To fit the Coucours ABS you can get them here:
They're identical to the grip puppies; just by a different name (many more companies sell the same thing). But if you don't have to cut them, then I'd get those instead. Even if you're super careful, the cuts will never be perfect.

And thank you for the rubbing alcohol tip. If they don't move, it's less messy than with extra-hold hair spray (liquid, not aerosol). I already have the hair spray, and with that, they're set for life. You could remove them, but only by tearing them apart. And yes, the heated grips work perfectly. And they reduce vibes transmitted to the hands. With a bike like the Connie with a riding position not exerting any pressure on the hands, they should work beautifully. That will be one of my first mods, along with a black-series TBR M5 with the P1 quiet insert, CooperDawg sport screen, radiator screen, fender extender, throttlemeister (heavy in black), and remove reflectors and 'kawasaki' letters from the side panels, and all that ABS/TRAC white crap from the front fender. Hope I don't have to mess with the seat, but will use the bike for at least 1K miles before rendering final judgment. Have a good one.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 08:00:55 AM »
I've been using these for a while now... much better than Grip Puppies... easy on/off too!

http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddies.com/SMARTSKIN-Original-Grip-Buddies-OGB-AB-SS.htm
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
I do not know about Grip Puppies, I have been using GrabOn Grip Covers since the '80s.[...]The link above fits the Concours perfectly cover the entire flat portion of the grips.

Thanks Alan :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:48:36 PM by maxtog »
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.