Author Topic: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike  (Read 51912 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
Performance?  I mean if you want to catch the bad guys this is the bike to have.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
Muscle was the only PRO that I can come up with, absolutely 0 comparison there..but honestly very few agencies are going to authorize a motorcycle to pursue a violator and it would have to be something VERY serious for me to even consider it.  My agency has a VERY RESTRICTIVE pursuit policy even for the police cars.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »
Excellent....and what jurisdiction would that be he asks?  :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
I will give you a hint.......

[/quote]

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
This thread will deal with the law enforcement version of the C14.  Pictures appreciated. 

On the old forum there was a great picture of a bunch of police C14s lined up inside the cargo hold of a C5 military hauler. I have tried to find the pic but without luck. It would be great to see it resurface.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
I would like to give a big plus to Kawasaki Authority Motors.  We had a bike with a lot of electrical problems.  Our dealer, Moto Adventure, took the ball and contacted Kawasaki who in turn contacted Kawasaki Authority.  They flew a rep out and replaced an entire wiring harness on a new bike.  Very impressive customer service.  We are very pleased with the response from our dealer, Kawasaki USA, and Kawasaki Authority.  This is the kind of service that keeps customers. 
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline jonathan

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
On the old forum there was a great picture of a bunch of police C14s lined up inside the cargo hold of a C5 military hauler. I have tried to find the pic but without luck. It would be great to see it resurface.

That would be a C-17 and it was the Mesa Police Department as supplied by Probity Motors.

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
That would be a C-17 and it was the Mesa Police Department as supplied by Probity Motors.

Cool, thanks.

Offline toxxic

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »
I was a motor officer in 2000 and rode a KZ1000, which paled in comparison to my CBR1100XX. However, when I first rode my new Concours it reminded me of my KZ1000, but with the HP and refinement of a sport bike. The stable platform, upright handle bars, and neutral riding position were what I had been promised by Kawi reps who worked on our KZ1000s.  I haven't been assigned to police motors in years, but feel I could comfortably execute a cone course on my new Connie. Great thread!

Offline Eric119

Concours 14 police bike
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
What a bike
It been a month since Portand Police took possession of ten Concours14s. Looks like Kawisaki is once again on top of the police bike game.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 police bike
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
PNW!  :thumbs: :grouphug:

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
Police C-14's on Mulholland Drive
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
http://youtu.be/dAsg8vMXBSI

It's a video of California Highway Patrol riding Mulholland Drive.  Short video.

I talked to a CHP in San Francisco in June 2011.  He said he has gotten used to his BMW and might not transition before leaving the CHP.  He has ridden a C-14 and liked it.  His department gets to ride the SF freeways so he likes his 'daily commute.'
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline gonzosc1

Re: Police C-14's on Mulholland Drive
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:26 PM »
oh hell can't wait for the vids of the racers trying to out run the c14. I don't know anything about Mulholland Drive but this curve seems to be the only one one the road LOL cuz its the only curve in all the vids on utube

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
Re: Police C-14's on Mulholland Drive
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 06:26:09 AM »
Boy I bet you that would make a tough job a little better.

I've always thought we should provide more LEO's with motorcycles (or dogs or horses) just to help keep 'em happy.
-sidebar-
That pic is from Police Motor Units
Awesome pics of motor officers through the years, gear reviews and I would especially recomend that you click the link on the left for "Training Articles" and check out their collection of cone patterns. What a great way to kill an afternoon...
'02 C-10

Offline rcannon409

Los Angeles County Sheriff Motorcycle test?
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
I'm sure you guys have this link here, but I've never seen it.  The perfect thing to kill some time with on a cold and icy day.   http://www.lasdhq.org/sites/motorcycle-test/2011.pdf

Offline r2t2

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »
It's been quite a while since I last posted (major back problems/surgery), but the Idaho State Police have been on C14s since 2009. Their '09 models sported heated Corbins and V-Stream wind screens. Since then a few of the local agencies are converting some of their motor units to the C14.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
Glad to have you back... :)

Offline Kiwi Graham

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
When I purchsed my C14 a few months ago I was told the American police force had purchsed all the blue Australasian C14's yet the only colour police bike over there I've seen is painted white, anyone have any ides?

I can only conclude that the blue bike is indeed faster than any of the other colour choices and by simply having mine re-painted has had a similar effect.

But seriously why buy all our blue ones? would have thought silver would have been easier to re-colour (it what I did).

Offline jonathan

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
When I purchsed my C14 a few months ago I was told the American police force had purchsed all the blue Australasian C14's yet the only colour police bike over there I've seen is painted white, anyone have any ides?

I can only conclude that the blue bike is indeed faster than any of the other colour choices and by simply having mine re-painted has had a similar effect.

But seriously why buy all our blue ones? would have thought silver would have been easier to re-colour (it what I did).

If that is in fact true it probably had more to do with availability of large, unsold quantities than it did colour, as they would all be repainted anyway.

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
Anyone found any details about the electrical system? Bigger alternator we can install, where and if it has a second battery?
Jeff