Author Topic: Give this man a medal!  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: Give this man a medal!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »
The dad made only one mistake in my opinion.
He didn't get rid of the body. Now how hard is a hole, some lime, and a little water, come on man.
His attorney should have a field day with it, if it gets that far.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
More details on this story.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/us/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Shiner, Texas (CNN) -- Shiner is a place you can raise your cattle and chickens under the hot Texas sun, cool off with a bottle from the Lone Star State's oldest independent brewery, then go to bed knowing all your neighbors and believing that you'll be safe.

But a few days ago, one of its trademark ranches turned into a crime scene. That's when a father spotted a man sexually assaulting his 5-year-old daughter, then beat the alleged abuser to death.

In a community that prides itself as being peaceful, a place where things like this just don't happen, there is a sweeping consensus that justice was served.

"Any father would have done that," Michael James Veit, whose son graduated with the father from Shiner High School in 2007 and who now lives across the road from the ranch where the killing took place, said Thursday. "Everybody is saying the father is justified."

According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, the 23-year-old father and his family were enjoying a barbecue last Saturday at their ranch on Shiner's outskirts where they keep horses and chickens.

His young daughter had gone off toward the barn, to feed the chickens, the child's grandfather -- who isn't being named, to protect the identity of his granddaughter -- told CNN affiliates KSAT and KPRC.

Then her father heard screaming and ran. He found a 47-year-old man in the act of sexually abusing his daughter, according to Sheriff Mica Harmon.

The father stopped the alleged abuser, then pounded him repeatedly in the head.

"I jumped the fence and saw the man on the ground," the grandfather said of what he first saw. "At that point, I didn't know if he was dead or not."

Authorities did, in fact, pronounce the alleged abuser dead. Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons said Monday that a preliminary autopsy report shows he "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries," adding toxicology report results should be back in six weeks.

Harmon described the victim as an acquaintance of the family, known for his horse-grooming abilities. He has not been publicly identified by authorities.

The father himself called 911, telling them that his daughter's alleged abuser was lying, beaten, on the ground. Afterward, the sheriff said that the admitted killer appeared "very remorseful" and didn't know the other man would die at the scene.

Asked whether authorities would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed, we will submit it to the district attorney, who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Neighbors portrayed the father as hard-working, friendly and polite, the type of guy who reliably addresses others as "Sir."

"He's not a violent guy. He's never been in any trouble in his life," Veit said of a man he described as a single father who worked nobly to make ends meet. "He's a good, honest, hard-working kid."

Most any violence is unexpected in Shiner, a community between Houston and San Antonio that has about 2,000 people within its city limits and another 1,500 or so on its outskirts, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Billing itself as the "Cleanest Little City in Texas," Shiner is known for the Spoetzl Brewery, a wire and plastics company, not to mention its acres upon acres of plains and farms. Veit calls it "a small-town community," filled with folks who may not be wealthy but who work hard and look out for one another.

"Nothing ever happens. There's never any murders here," Veit said. "Everybody knows everybody and gets along with everybody. (This killing) is a real big shock."
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
Ultimately, if his daughter ever recalls what that piece of crap did to her when she is older, she will never have to ask her Daddy why he didn't do something to protect her. I would not have hesitated, and I promise he would have never had the chance to do it again.....
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »
Not only JUSTICE, but think of all the other kids in the world this dad saved. These kids are scarred for life because of these scum-bags.
Joel from Maine.

Offline booger

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »
My hat's off to this fellow Texan.  He handled the situation as I hope I would if I would have caught anyone molesting my children or my grandkids.

You never know how you woud handle a situation as this.  And this father did great.

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 01:47:14 AM »
Good for him.

In my state, this crime is specifically enumerated for use of deadly force.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
Now get the rest of the molesters.   :thumbs:

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Having been married to some one who suffered at the hands of a molester and having dealt with the latent trama that ensues later in life I can only say Good job Dad. Also being a parent and knowing the bond that exists between a father and a daughter I can see how that situation would cause a man to beat some one to death without even realising you've done it. To me this man had a natural reaction in defense of his daughter. Once again Good Job Dad.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 03:24:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
On MSN this morning:

Cops won't charge dad who killed his daughter's abuser
4 hrs ago
related links
■'Hero' dad kills man who allegedly abused his daughter
Opinions were sharply divided about what should happen to the dad from Shiner, Texas, who used his bare hands to beat to death a man he reportedly caught sexually assaulting his 5-year-old daughter. Now police have announced their verdict: The father won't be charged. "He was just protecting his daughter and doing what he thought he had to do to protect his daughter," said Sheriff Micah Harmon from the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, adding that he believes the father is remorseful for his actions. Harmon concluded that the incident had been "traumatizing" for the girl and her family -- something everyone is sure to agree on.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 03:49:37 AM »
On a lighter side, when the daughter comes of age, she is going to have a tough time finding a date for the prom..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 06:18:12 AM »
On a lighter side, when the daughter comes of age, she is going to have a tough time finding a date for the prom..
I was going to get a t-shirt form down town Eureka Springs that said "Guns dont kill people; Fathers with teenage daughters kill people"
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »

And the problem with this is ......... ;D
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »
Under Texas law, had the Dad used gun and killed the molester, the shooting would have been justified.
I don't care if he used a weed whacker, he did what every other father would have done.  I don't see this going to trial. How can you find 12 jury members who would blame the father??
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »
I was going to get a t-shirt form down town Eureka Springs that said "Guns dont kill people; Fathers with teenage daughters kill people"

That would be a good one to wear on your daughter's first date.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline booger

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
By the way, the grand jury no billed the guy today!!!!

Justice prevails ;D

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »
That would be a good one to wear on your daughter's first date.

...while cleaning the guns when her date comes over... ;D
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
I took my duaghters boyfriend target shooting with my G22. Now he knows. ;D
2004 C10 RIP

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »
Sharpening an axe or a sword.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »
I like this one better  :rotflmao: :shoot:

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."