Author Topic: Here Come The Mummies!  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Conrad

Here Come The Mummies!
« on: June 30, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »
I told y'all a while back that these guys were going to be in my area and that I got tickets to go see them at an outdoor concert venue. The concert was last night but because of flooding in the area the concert was moved indoors.

Holy **** do this guys put on a show!!!!    :cool:    :hail:

Entertainers extraordinaire and first class musicians without a doubt!  :thumbs:

There was seating around the main floor where the stage was but my wife and I stood right up in front of the stage in the 'pit'. It was loud and sounded great, when the drummer kicked his bass drum it felt as if someone hit you in the chest. I did have an ear plug in my recently operated on ear...

The Mummies' entrance into the concert hall started their performance. They all marched in marching band style with drums and horns playing, all lit up with lights and such. A great entrance to a fantastic show. They played for two hours straight, not a single break. Just one kick ass song after the other. Not only was the music great but they were funny as hell too, cutting up and getting the audience involved. Non stop dancing on the stage and off, by the Mummies and all the people in the 'pit'. I don't know how they kept up the pace and they must have been hot as hell all wrapped up in their bandages.

Check out the vids below. At one point one of the Mummies was dressed up in a gorilla suit playing the cow belt.  :rotflmao:  Fantastic!

Tickets were only $15 and that's a TON of entertainment for that price. If you ever get a chance to see them I would HIGHLY recommend you do so, you won't be disappointed.

Check out the expressions on the face of the guy playing the bongos and stuff. He had everyone cracking up with his antics onstage.

Pants - Here Come the Mummies

Here Come the Mummies -"Booty"

Funky Little Baby - Here Come the Mummies
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sgt Mac

Re: Here Come The Mummies!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »
Love it!!!

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
Great music. Instead of just listening to it listen to the words. Funny stuff.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:14 AM »
Great music. Instead of just listening to it listen to the words. Funny stuff.

That's what I'm talkin about! Not only are these guys VERY good musicians but they're VERY funny as well. It seems that no one knows their true identities. Even doing a search online won't get you their names, it's part of their mystique.  :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
Didn't the trumpet player with the purple top hat leave the band a couple of years ago?

They're really good musicians. I heard that they all have contracts with different groups and play together anonimously (sp??) because their respective labels would have a hissy fit.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Good stuff!!!!  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:36:24 AM »
Didn't the trumpet player with the purple top hat leave the band a couple of years ago?

They're really good musicians. I heard that they all have contracts with different groups and play together anonimously (sp??) because their respective labels would have a hissy fit.

I don't know anything about when the trumpet player with the purple hat left the band but he wasn't there when we saw them. They had another guy playing the trumpet and he can REALLY blow that thing!

"I heard that they all have contracts with different groups and play together anonimously (sp??) because their respective labels would have a hissy fit."

That's what I heard too. I even heard that one of these guys is a Grammy winner. I can believe that too, they're THAT good.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
It would be interesting if the people who left the band said who they were. There shouldn't be any issues with labels then.