Author Topic: More absurdity from The Peoples Republic of Ill-inois Rolling papers OUTLAWED  (Read 8237 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Unf  king believeable.
From STL Post Dispach

Gov signs bill banning flavored rolling papers

2 hours ago

Flavored tobacco rolling papers are now banned in Illinois.

Gov. Pat Quinn signed a bill into law Thursday that bans the sale of non-menthol flavored wrapping paper more commonly called "blunt warps." Opponents say they're used to smoke marijuana and other drugs.

Quinn calls them a "public health menace" and a ban will keep people away from drugs.

It was sponsored by Republican Rep. Dennis Reboletti. He says the papers that come in fruit and candy flavors are designed to appeal to children. However critics have said that there's no evidence of that.

The bill also toughens the penalty for heroin sales. The new law sends anyone who sells 3 or more grams of heroin to prison. The threshold is now 5 grams.

__

Online: http://www.ilga.gov

The bill is HB3801.

Do not come to this state. If you live here get the hell out while you can. If you must cross this state, buy fuel at the border and ride on through. Spend no money here. There is no reason to be here if you don't absolutely have to. ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER

Offline mr t

• Arena
If you DO go through Illinois do NOT take I90 unless you like to stop every few miles at an unmanned toll booth to give away your money! I couldn't believe these stupid machines.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
So not having a watermelon flavored blunt will keep me from smoking weed...............

Ummmmmm.......yeah.   ::)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline sherob

• Arena
Vaping is so much better anyway.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Mettler1

Damn, just when I thought Republicans were going to save the country!! :loco: I guess dumbass's come in all political flavors.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Son of Pappy

RINO

Offline jim_de_hunter

I gotta think that some politician couldn't get a kick-back from the paper company so he had their product outlawed.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Conrad

It’s a good thing that Quinn is keeping on top of the important issues!    ::)   Asshole.

In the meantime they're raping my pension fund.    >:(

That's funny that he's banning flavored papers while I can go downtown and buy a glass pipe, for tobacco use only mind you.   8)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Here's another one. The State Police are carrying light meters to check your tinted windows.
An employee of mine got a primary stop this morning for it.  :o

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Where will they put these heroin sellers? They keep closing prisons.
A Republican in Ellenoise (how its pronounced in stl) is notconservative in any way.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline ugocon

Ranting mode on

I usually don't enter in political debates of citizens of another Country and also this time I won't comment about this particular fact related to Illinois laws.
Anyway, I take this as an opportunity of how some US point of views and subsequent new laws can impact also life abroad.
This is well known: USA are the most powerful Country in the world, thus whatever they do has an impact on the rest of the planet.
But sometimes absurd actions have a "not requested" equally absurd impact on our lives out of the US.
When I mean "absurd" I mean generally considered such, abroad and in most of the US.

I'm not talking about foreign policy actions: that would be a huge topic of discussion! ;)

I'm talking, as an example, about the anti terrorism measures adopted by the US after Sept 11th 2001 that had a tremendous impact also on "US-not-related" activities.
Since that date:
- when taking a picture for the passport you need to stay EXACTLY in front of the camera, not smiling, showing both ears, with no expression on your face: that's sick! I want to express myself even on the passport and I don't beleive that I cannot be recognizable if I'm smiling!!!! I don't give a **** if this is needed for National (American...) security databases: I want to be free to pose the way I (reasonably) like for my documents. This is requested for ALL passports, even if I don't go to the US!!! (that's why I'm complaining...)

- when taking a plane you cannot carry more than 100 ml of liquids kept separately in a plastic bag. Do you really think that this will block a terror attack??? You can see heaps of water bottles, parfumes, cases that have capacity of just 110 ml perhaps with important medicines that are obtusely impounded by the officer to people who should read pages and pages of rules before boarding an airplane, like 75yo passengers or illiterates.... and this not only for the flights to US!

- also the body scanners: they are planning to introduce them not only for flights to the US but also for the others. So we'll give money to manufacturers of a potentially dangerous X-ray scope only because some histerical super maniacal obsessed for security decided so...  >:(

You very well know that those measures are completely useless to a "true" terrositic organization, thus is only demagogy.

The Illinois laws have obviously only a local impact but are a sign of what can happen if those politician, democratically, could get a stronger power in the USA and, consequently, in the World.

I'm scared of that and, frankly, pissed off!
 >:(

Ranting mode off
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Off topic, but ugocon, why do you have that about BMW in your avatar?  I'm trying to hold back from purchasing one and maybe you can help.  I think the S1000RR is the hottest litre bike to ever roam the streets/track.  Do you know of one faster?

I'm going to Tampa Euro cycles to talk one over and leave my check book at home.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ugocon

My avatar shows no sympathy for the BMW bikes not because of their quality or look, that is absolutely in line with the market (not better.. ;)  ) but is due to the fact that too many people in Italy and Europe buy these bikes because most of people do it!
GS1200 is the best seller in Italy and in Europe with volumes that are doubling and more  the second bike in rank  :o
This because it's in fashion, German, with a perceived (not real) quality best than the others...
I simply don't like people who do things all other people do so thay cannot be blamed and in order to feel belonging to the mass!

I'm quite an anticonformist... otherwise I would not have bought a C14!  ;D

If you really like the S1000R it's fine for me, unrtil you really like it from the bottom of your heart and sincerely think that this is the bike for you after a careful analysis of the competitors.

Otherwise....

.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back on topic now ;)
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
My avatar shows no sympathy for the BMW bikes not because of their quality or look, that is absolutely in line with the market (not better.. ;)  ) but is due to the fact that too many people in Italy and Europe buy these bikes because most of people do it!
GS1200 is the best seller in Italy and in Europe with volumes that are doubling and more  the second bike in rank  :o
This because it's in fashion, German, with a perceived (not real) quality best than the others...
I simply don't like people who do things all other people do so thay cannot be blamed and in order to feel belonging to the mass!

I'm quite an anticonformist... otherwise I would not have bought a C14!  ;D

If you really like the S1000R it's fine for me, unrtil you really like it from the bottom of your heart and sincerely think that this is the bike for you after a careful analysis of the competitors.

Otherwise....

.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back on topic now ;)

Thanks - That doesn't help me not purchase it, only reason i like it is its on top of the litre bike class in performance and stock features (air shifter, etc).  I don't care who makes a bike (or I'd never be riding a "Kawi")
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Obama brags about his college weed and the white powdered toot in the nose, and he served Chicago. Whats the beef with papers?

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Typical Liberal feel good laws that will do nothing.
Isn't weed already illegal?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline xjs36uk

• Boss of Worlds End Music and THE Festival
    • THE Festival

It's all I have to say on this subject. Research it, then you'll understand (or stand under as is the proper legal diction).

I am trying to do something about this.
Mark, One half of the "Formation Crashing Greaves Brothers".    1986 GTR1000 A1, 1988 GTR1000 A2, 1989 GPZ900R A3, 1986 GPZ1000RX A1, 1983 GT750 P3, 2000 ZX12R-A1, 1990 ZZR1100 C1, 1986 CBR500, 1985 XT500, 1987 XJS 3.6, 1995 XJ6 3.2 Sport, 1992 XJ40 4.0S, 1987 Capri 3.0S,1993 Xantia 1.9TD, 1993 W124 250D, 1999 S210 E280 4-Matic, 1996 LDV400, 1999 P38 2.5 DSE. I think I have a problem......

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Methinks 2025 is optimistic.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Typical Liberal feel good laws that will do nothing.
Isn't weed already illegal?

Weed is illegal?!  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jim_de_hunter

It's all I have to say on this subject. Research it, then you'll understand (or stand under as is the proper legal diction).

I am trying to do something about this.

I believe, sir, that you are talking to ostriches. 

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"