Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888455 times)

Offline O.C.

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2520 on: October 06, 2016, 04:45:16 AM »
O.C.,,, Nice photo, nice bike!

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks, I love the bike, it's my fourth   ;) 

Lots of cool stuff, but I really like the Silver Swan, from 1773. 

Its an amazing thing to see, and very big, I think I'm right in saying it used to be articulated which must have been a sight to behold  :)
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline J.R.

« Reply #2521 on: October 10, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »
Added some aux brake lights, which double as turn signals. Wired up a flasher to the brake lights for even more attention. Need to get a video of the brake lights. But its 4 very fast flashes, 4 slow flashes, then solid. Hopefully it'll keep me from getting rear ended.
Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2522 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »
Added some aux brake lights, which double as turn signals. Wired up a flasher to the brake lights for even more attention. Need to get a video of the brake lights. But its 4 very fast flashes, 4 slow flashes, then solid. Hopefully it'll keep me from getting rear ended.

I like it. I have similar if not the same unit. I thought about putting them under the side cases but didn't want to have to unplug and replug every time I removed a side case.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2523 on: October 11, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
Do you actually remove them often?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2524 on: October 11, 2016, 02:49:59 PM »
Do you actually remove them often?

Yes I do. Every time I check the air pressure not to mention washing the bike and most maintenance.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2525 on: October 11, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
Grab on Grip covers. Half the price of Super Sharkskins which I do like. Bit of a pain to pull on, but should be easy enough to slice off when the time comes. Nice and firm but soft to grip.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2526 on: October 11, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
Yes I do. Every time I check the air pressure not to mention washing the bike and most maintenance.

Wow- not sure why.

I can't remember the last time I removed them.  But I wash the bike with them on and inflate tires with them on, regularly.

I can certainly understand for some large maintenance thing.... plus if I have to take it in for service I will remove them just so they won't get damaged by people who can't seem to figure out how EASY it is to get on and off the bike without scuffing them.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2527 on: October 11, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »
Wow- not sure why.

I can't remember the last time I removed them.  But I wash the bike with them on and inflate tires with them on, regularly.

I can certainly understand for some large maintenance thing.... plus if I have to take it in for service I will remove them just so they won't get damaged by people who can't seem to figure out how EASY it is to get on and off the bike without scuffing them.

So much easier to get the rear rim with at least the left side off. And as you say, it is very easy to take it off. A couple of seconds. So yes, washing the rear rim, changing the final drive oil and checking the rear air pressure I take at least the left side off.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2528 on: October 11, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »
What is this 'washing' of which yo speak?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2529 on: October 11, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »
What he said!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #2530 on: October 11, 2016, 04:45:44 PM »
I have four dirty bikes in the garage.  Cleaning them will just bring on more rain.  They still all run great though... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2531 on: October 11, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
So does mine.  I look at dirt as a patina..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline J.R.

« Reply #2532 on: October 11, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
I like it. I have similar if not the same unit. I thought about putting them under the side cases but didn't want to have to unplug and replug every time I removed a side case.

The lights were from amazon. Think I paid like $10 for the pair. Less than $25 for lights, connectors, flasher, and relay and about 2 hours of my time putting everything together. I don't remove the cases very often. I'm pretty sure the first time I took these off was to mount up the lights and wire the plug. I drilled a hole and routed everything through the case (I hate seeing wires). I have plugs under the seat though if I need to removed the cases. Just adds a few more seconds to remove the seat and unplug.

Edit: These are the lights on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEXU4SC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"

Offline tomp

« Reply #2533 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:04 PM »
The lights were from amazon. Think I paid like $10 for the pair. Less than $25 for lights, connectors, flasher, and relay and about 2 hours of my time putting everything together. I don't remove the cases very often. I'm pretty sure the first time I took these off was to mount up the lights and wire the plug. I drilled a hole and routed everything through the case (I hate seeing wires). I have plugs under the seat though if I need to removed the cases. Just adds a few more seconds to remove the seat and unplug.

Edit: These are the lights on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEXU4SC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the link.  Good review you posted there too.  Should increase their sales.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline robval1987

« Reply #2534 on: October 13, 2016, 05:25:13 AM »
Added a CalSci XL windshield. At first it seamed huge, but now after riding for 2 days I love it (better then my Vstream, and way better than stock). I like it's width, especially with cold weather coming on it helps in deflecting wind  off your hands, and really quite in behind it. With the hole they cut out it really helps with back pressure and wind buffeting your helmet, and with it all the way up you hardly get any wind at all. It's a keeper for me, but to each their own. I also did the led strips around the inside edge of the mirror designed to flash with the turn signals  (great idea on the initial write up) that I read so I decided to try it out, looks cool and surely would alert other drivers of your intention to change lanes and really stands out with the cautions on (both day and really at night), but when there flashing at night the leds reflect off the mirrors so bad that it is damn near impossible to see out of your mirror, it actually blinds me and I see spots. Gonna have to rethink that mod, maybe put an led pod behind the mirror.
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #2535 on: October 13, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »

I just ordered a set, Is the length right or did you have to bend them towards the inside edge of the bags ?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #2536 on: October 13, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »

What flasher and relay did you use? The lights action you described reminds me of a Kisan product.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline J.R.

« Reply #2537 on: October 14, 2016, 09:10:56 AM »
I just ordered a set, Is the length right or did you have to bend them towards the inside edge of the bags ?

Theres plenty of wire for different mounting options. I cut some off to get rid of the extra. I drilled a small hole next to the hinge for the lid, and ran the wire up through the bag, drilling another small hole above the rear hook, then ran the wire to a connector under the seat. Used a couple pieces of duct tape to hold the wire down, following the creases inside the bag to keep the wire out of the way. I'll get a picture for you later.
Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"

Offline J.R.

« Reply #2538 on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »
What flasher and relay did you use? The lights action you described reminds me of a Kisan product.

This was the flasher i bought: "Purishion 2x Flash Strobe Controller Flasher Module for LED Brake Light Tail Stop Light 12-30V " https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPSZZXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dxpaybZMK4181
Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"

Offline J.R.

« Reply #2539 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »
Here are a couple pictures of the wire going through the bag
Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"