Author Topic: For all of you 'drone haters' out there, maybe good news, maybe bad news  (Read 4986 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: For all of you 'drone haters' out there, maybe good news, maybe bad news
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »
Sorry I was picking up on the comments about the Boeing :)

Is not a single engine aircraft, as Max had mentioned.

Or am I not understanding your post??

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »
Well, not sure which one(s) but Boeing is the Co. that produced the first long- range, wide bodied jet. And got approval for ETOPS using a twin engine aircraft. The Scarebus was not operational until much later than the triple- seven. And I believe the 777 is still larger and has the larger engines compared with an A 350.

"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!"

;D

Brian

Sorry I was picking up on the comments about the Boeing :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »
Can I be more specific (it was late last night)

I was specifically correcting this section

"because it is the only large, long distance aircraft with two engines in the first place. "

Panto time

Oh no it isn't :D

Well, not sure which one(s) but Boeing is the Co. that produced the first long- range, wide bodied jet. And got approval for ETOPS using a twin engine aircraft. The Scarebus was not operational until much later than the triple- seven. And I believe the 777 is still larger and has the larger engines compared with an A 350.

"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!"

;D

Brian
--

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 06:01:11 AM »
OK, I gotcha'.

What I meant was that the 777 pioneered the big change in ETOPS because it was the only aircraft specifically designed for long distance flights and so when introduced, it was the one used to generate the data and have the rules altered because it was the only one. Now that the rules have been changed, other twin engine aircraft have joined it in long- distance travel when an emergency landing is not possible, including the A 350 you mentioned.

ETOPS is an acronym and it stands for Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim. Or something like that.  ;D

And I had to look up 'Panto time'.  :o :)

Brian

Can I be more specific (it was late last night)

I was specifically correcting this section

"because it is the only large, long distance aircraft with two engines in the first place. "

Panto time

Oh no it isn't :D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:02 AM »
Another new one to drop into conversation.

he's behind you !!!

And I had to look up 'Panto time'.  :o :)

--