Author Topic: Anyone watching Fargo on FX?  (Read 6660 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Anyone watching Fargo on FX?
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »
Totally amazing.  I love it!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

Re: Anyone watching Fargo on FX?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:56:55 PM »
No. If it's like the movie, NOT!

Offline TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »
Pretty good show, we watch it every week. But it doesn't make the citizens of Minnesota look very smart, lol.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
Soooo whats it like? whats hte story?
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:56 AM »
Lots of murders and lots of craziness going on.  It's basically a one off series that runs one season.  Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman star in it.  BB is some sort of enforcer for someone named Fargo and the story concerns a small town in MN.  They say it's true but I don't believe it.  It's a very dark comedy as far as I'm concerned.  BB does some things that are literally hilarious.  I'm not sure how close to the movie Fargo it is.  I haven't seen that one in years.  At any rate it sucks you in just like SOA and American Horror Story.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/fargo
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »
Totally amazing.  I love it!

Great stuff! My wife and I both really like this show by golly!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
It looks like there are only going to be ten episodes.... ever. If so, it will be more like a long movie than a TV series. That might not be so bad either 'cause it will have a beginning, middle and end, unlike most series which end up wandering around rather aimlessly after a season or two. Except for the bad ones that wander from the beginning.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
Fricking brilliant show.
We love it.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 05:59:19 PM »
Oh yaaaah, by golly, it's a pip of ahh show for sure, with some strange fellas for sure don'tcha knoow.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/nis/listen/?name=/minnesota/news/features/2014/04/15/140415_mprnews_dialectcoach_20140415

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »
Aw Jeez

Did anyone notice where the money the guy found in the snow came from??
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »
No, where did it come from?  I'm thinking from heaven, but I could be wrong.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 05:07:26 AM »
The movie. They left it behind when they were making the movie and picked it up during the series.

Not sure what the source of the money is in the series- it could not be ransom money for Lester's wife 'cause Lester's wife was not ransomed in the series. But I think we're gonna' find out....

Brian

No, where did it come from?  I'm thinking from heaven, but I could be wrong.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 05:39:27 AM »
Wow...I need to go back and watch the movie again.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:31 AM »
Yeah, that case full of money was the entire anchor point for the movie. The first time I saw the movie I don't think I could gag my way through it to the end. But then after seeing a few shorter pieces of it over time, I watched it again and really got to appreciate it. Once I got through the unusual speech patterns, the actual movie is excellent really.... at least IMO of course.

Hey- Fargo trivia time! There were two stars in Saving Private Ryan that also star in Fargo, one in the movie and the other one in the current series. Who are they?

Brian

Wow...I need to go back and watch the movie again.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Aw Jeez

Did anyone notice where the money the guy found in the snow came from??

Well since he had just prayed for help, I think we are supposed to think (as did he) that it was heaven sent. I suspect that since it was a flashback, that we will see where it came from in a future flashback (oxymoron?) and that it most likely is tied to some unrelated past work of either Lorne Malvo or Mr. Numbers (actor Goldberg {answer 1 of 2, was also in Saving Private Ryan}). Perhaps we'll even see if it is tied to that human foot in the toaster oven that Lorne referred to, that'd be interesting, eh? Ya betcha, for sure.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »
I saw it here at work for the first time when the younglings had it on. Funny. I'll watch again when I can.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 12:25:32 PM »
If you subscribe to Netflix, you can stream it.  Amazon Prime as well.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
Yep, that's the one in the series. One left that was in the movie (Fargo).

Brian

<snip>

Mr. Numbers (actor Goldberg {answer 1 of 2, was also in Saving Private Ryan}).

<snip>

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »
Jim, you should know by now that other than a few magazines, NRA and COG I don't subscribe to anything, especially something that gives money to actors or Hollywood. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »
I don't mind paying actors in Hollywood their due and the Man in between.  I'm an addict to theatrics...sigh.  After going about a quarter of the way through 'Fargo' (the movie), the similarities are, well, quite amazing.  I actually felt faint when the trooper was shot.  Didn't go away for awhile...or it could be I'm having a stroke or a heart attack.  Thought I really was going to faint there for a bit.  I don't remember feeling that when we saw the movie many years ago..  Have just now reached the point where the pregnant cop is at the scene of where the two hoods shot the witnesses.