Author Topic: Motorcycle Trailer/Camper  (Read 7274 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Motorcycle Trailer/Camper
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
I am posting this for a friend in Tampa. Her mom is selling a sweet motorcycle trailer/camper.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/3271080325.html
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Motorcycle Trailer/Camper
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:40:08 AM »
Interesting....

http://theusatrailerstore.com/solace.html

Just not sure if pulling this behind a Connie is a good thing.  :o
But someone with a Wing shouldn't have any issue.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
Interesting....

http://theusatrailerstore.com/solace.html

It shows it loaded up with cooler and all being towed behind a hardly-ableson. If an HD can tow safely it I don't see how a C14 can have a prob. I don't trust a HD to haul me.

Pulling it behind a Connie14 will be a good thing.  With a fresh KiPass battery, I'd feel comfortable towing two of them
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:03 PM »
I'd pull it 2 up without a second thought.  I'd consider this trailer as a top pick, maybe Steve will pull it this way once I get a hitch all worked up?  Only 3400 miles, give or take a few 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »
I'd pull it 2 up without a second thought.  I'd consider this trailer as a top pick, maybe Steve will pull it this way once I get a hitch all worked up? Only 3400 miles, give or take a few 8)

Indeed, Washington is still on the bucket list since I did CA west and Canada due North from FL.  Next - Washington and Alaska FTW  :D

Incredible someone would come jack up a for sale thread while lacking knowledge or any data to back up their statement. I've seen a C10 pull some loads that would make this trailer look like pulling a GI Joe sized jeep

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »
But...wait! 

What if someone on here had a car or truck...and, they liked to camp?   :o
'02 C-10

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:30 AM »
Incredible someone would come jack up a for sale thread while lacking knowledge or any data to back up their statement. I've seen a C10 pull some loads that would make this trailer look like pulling a GI Joe sized jeep
If this was directed at my coment.....

All I said was that "I" was just not sure. Granted I didn't have "I" in my statement, as I thought that was implied.

All I wanted (as I was interested) was more input from others as to whether or not a C14 would have any issues with this.

Thanks to those who have helped to answer this.

Good luck with the sale Steve.
The Pope

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:58:03 AM »
It shows it loaded up with cooler and all being towed behind a hardly-ableson. If an HD can tow safely it I don't see how a C14 can have a prob. I don't trust a HD to haul me.

Pulling it behind a Connie14 will be a good thing.  With a fresh KiPass battery, I'd feel comfortable towing two of them

Sounds like you don't have much towing experience.  The HD is a much heavier bike which makes for a better tow vehicle since the trailer won't be affecting the handling of the bike as much.  I also find your comment about HD amusing.  I used to think the same way, but once I got out and started travelling this great nation I realized that 98 percent of the bikes touring the US are Harley Davidsons. 

Personally, I wouldn't pull a trailer with a Concours becuase it defeats the purpose of owning a Concours.  Just not the right tool for the job.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't pull a trailer with a Concours becuase it defeats the purpose of owning a Concours.  Just not the right tool for the job.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
I still want to mout a hitch to my C14 and if "I" felt safe about pulling this 400# plus trailer, I'd be all over it.

Free bump Steve
The Pope

Offline punkynlew1

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 10:42:04 AM »
My C14 tows a similar sized camp trailer, Leesure Lite Elite, weighs 255 lbs. w/out extras that I do have, and has a full size bed. I use an Australian hitch made to fit the C14. I have no problem whatsoever towing the loaded trailer. I've had it up to 90 mph. Now, I've removed the hitch, and some other things, had a turbo installed and am looking forward to some drag racing and going 200 mph top speed. At 75 years of age, I'm scratching something else off my bucket list. I'm not limited to thinking inside a box, which helped me ride to the ends of the world w/my Yorkie dog but not with the trailer and it was on a KLR650. It was the biggest adventure of my life, as it was intended to be. Got me a lovely Peruvian wife half my age, while doing it too. Sorry for getting off track. Lew

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
My C14 tows a similar sized camp trailer, Leesure Lite Elite, weighs 255 lbs. w/out extras that I do have, and has a full size bed. I use an Australian hitch made to fit the C14. I have no problem whatsoever towing the loaded trailer. I've had it up to 90 mph. Now, I've removed the hitch, and some other things, had a turbo installed and am looking forward to some drag racing and going 200 mph top speed. At 75 years of age, I'm scratching something else off my bucket list. I'm not limited to thinking inside a box, which helped me ride to the ends of the world w/my Yorkie dog but not with the trailer and it was on a KLR650. It was the biggest adventure of my life, as it was intended to be. Got me a lovely Peruvian wife half my age, while doing it too. Sorry for getting off track. Lew

Did you have a car tire on the C14 as well Lew?  That would really be outside the box for these bikes.  LOL! 

Dang, I can't even keep up with a 52 year old wife, nevermind a 37 1/2 year old.  You go Lew!
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline punkynlew1

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »
No car tire but have a 200 wide Shinko Stealth rear tire for street/strip. Lew

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »
I KNOW guys pulling those bunkhouse trailers with older BMW K1200LTs and those are ONLY +/- 100 hp!  I'm looking for something to pull so I can camp with my kid(s) on the weekends.  I'd LIKE a bunkhouse like this, but my wallet will likely allow for a cargo trailer like the one from Harbor Freight!

I'm going to show this one to the SO though, maybe I'll ride down and pick it up!
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler