Sargent
20 (18.7%)
Kawi gel
4 (3.7%)
Russell
17 (15.9%)
ZX14 seat
1 (0.9%)
other (please name it and I'll add it to the poll)
6 (5.6%)
Baldwin
13 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: What's the best seat for the C14??  (Read 34271 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: What's the best seat for the C14??
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »
Steve,

It's a good think you post some decent pictures. (And I don't mean the bikes!)  Because you really don't have a clue. "OEM seat Rocks"     :rotflmao:   

Only messing with ya!

I don't have experience with touring bikes, only the sportbike/track bike variety but i try to post with ya'll anywayz
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
And what's best with/for pillion??

They'll love the Russell as well.   8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 10:59:24 PM »
Are you my identical twin?  I look forward to hearing your thoughts after a road trip.  Also, not to get off topic, but did you add risers or anything else?

Idk lol.  There will be another C14 with a stock seat in the group, and I've already agreed to swap seats/bikes periodically for the other rider's benefit.  So I should get a good feel for what the major differences are between the two seats.  I do have risers, 1-3/8" from www.murphskits.com
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers
'06 Ninja zx10r- Dear tiny baby Jesus, it's fast!

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Well, got back from my trip today.  I'm very pleased with how the Sargent seat did overall.  The first day was a 500 mile run to Colorado, and I was still in pretty good shape when I got there.  I'm sure a Russell is more comfortable for long hauls, but the Sargent does well considering it still looks good and allows you to shift your weight easily.  I didn't get to compare it to a stock seat since my brother refused to trade bikes lol.  He didn't want to get spoiled with my seat and then have to go back to the stock seat.
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 02:15:54 AM »
Best looking  ???  and most comfortable seat on the market
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:25 AM »
I havent tried anything other than stock but I can say the oem seat is the best by far out of 16 bikes that I have owned.
Cogs seat in the pic above looks great though.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »
Line them up......I'd like to try them all!

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
That Russell seat sure looks comfortable, but it just looks (and this is only my opinion, not be taken seriously) idk...out of place on the Concours.   But, like mentioned before, your ass doesn't have eyes, nor does it care too much about what the surface looks like lol.  If I had the extra money to throw around, I'd probably have one made for bike trips...maybe I'll get one sometime down the road.  BTW, your bike looks great in that photo...very nice shine.  What kind of wax do you use?
"You serious, Clark?"

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
If I had the extra money to throw around, I'd probably have one made for bike trips...maybe I'll get one sometime down the road. 

Ditto. In fact, I'd ship it off tomorrow, but it's the added expense of buying another seat just to ship it off and have it remade that stops me. Anyone know where you can get a C14 seat pan with hardware cheap?

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
Best looking  ???  and most comfortable seat on the market

I'll give you most comfortable, but, that seat is butt ugly in person.  ;)

Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline accbiker

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
ZG:

I bought your Sargent seat last fall and have put over 10k miles on it since then.  Needless to say, I love it for my riding style and comfort.  It is probably not for everyone, but for me it was just the ticket.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
I'll give you most comfortable, but, that seat is butt ugly in person.  ;)

;D  I cover it with a sheep skin, hides the beauty   ;)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
ZG:

I bought your Sargent seat last fall and have put over 10k miles on it since then.  Needless to say, I love it for my riding style and comfort.  It is probably not for everyone, but for me it was just the ticket.

-David
Athens, GA

Right on David, I'm really glad to hear that, it worked out great for both of us!  :)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »
Oh yeh, forgot to mention. Sargent seat for me. I have 7,800 comfy miles on it now.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
Please don't vote the Seargant as #1, I hated it and returned it within minutes of taking it out of the box. My Corbin is the best seat I've ever owned, pure magic. My buddy, who's ridden hundreds of thousands of miles said, "I can't believe that seat is a Corbin, that's incredible. I've always heard they were  hard, but that's shockingly comfortable. Go Irish!

Offline dbird29

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
I did 700 miles on my Sargent today.
Worked well with no hot spots.

Longer days may need a Russell.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2011, 07:38:38 AM »
Please don't vote the Seargant as #1, I hated it and returned it within minutes of taking it out of the box. My Corbin is the best seat I've ever owned, pure magic.

It is "Sargent", not "Seargant"...

So let me understand, you think nobody should rate the Sargent #1 because YOU like the Corbin better?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
It is "Sargent", not "Seargant"...

So let me understand, you think nobody should rate the Sargent #1 because YOU like the Corbin better?

I was thinking the same thing.  ???

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 07:49:06 AM »
I had Sargent add the gel pads to make the stock feel better...well it did feel a little better...than stock.

Tried the kawasaki Lo-gel.....it is much lower but a hard seat fits the bike very well.

Got a Sargent low....too low and pushed me to the rear of the gas tank....uncomfortable not enough padding..

Got a regular Sargent now....and it is better than all of them so far, it is difficult to install and fit and remove when compared to stock.........BUT.......

Would love to put some miles on a Russel as it looks like my living room couch easy chair in comfort.

You need to have a great feeling seat, and comfortable hand grips on a bike if you are going to be riding lots of miles....everyone seems to love the Russel after trying all the others...only drawback is big price...but the best always costs more....

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline vivo

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
I have the Sargent regular and it's a better looking seat than the stocker. It is good for me, I like the feel on shorter rides but I did 350 miles and a wasn't happy after. It's too hard for me after my butt says it's not happy... once it's unhappy it only gets ugly and I want off so I will consider something else. The Corbin is said to be hard and I think too hard isn't good for me. I think I need my seat to have more rearward room. I would like it as narrow as I can make it upfront and some cushion, not rock hard. Sounds like I need to have it made to my specs...

vivo