Author Topic: Who is going to be the first to try the new windscreen on an older model 14?  (Read 23446 times)

Offline SimpleSimon

I've a 2008 Connie and I am curious on whether that new vented screen on the 2015 will fit.  I saw the new screen and mounts at the Seattle IMS and it looks like it should fit.  Of course, I think that you will need to buy the plastic bits in addition to the screen.  Who is going to be the first person to try it?  Has anyone seen a parts list for the 2015 to gauge how much it will cost.

I think a tad bit of venting will solve any and all buffeting issues.
2008 Concours 14
2002 954RR

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
You're talking about the one with the mail slot in it? Not for me. If you look at what Kaw get for it's oem screens now I doubt if it's in anyones budget.

Offline Sgt Mac

You're talking about the one with the mail slot in it? Not for me. If you look at what Kaw get for it's oem screens now I doubt if it's in anyones budget.

Hah! Never thought of it like that, good analogy.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black

:popcorn:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
You're talking about the one with the mail slot in it? Not for me. If you look at what Kaw get for it's oem screens now I doubt if it's in anyones budget but ZG's.
Fixed it for you gPink.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
 :)   I don't think ZG would ugly his bike up with it.

Offline Conrad

:)   I don't think ZG would ugly his bike up with it.

+1 It IS pretty damn ugly.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
+1 It IS pretty damn ugly.

+2

I like the CONCEPT, but the execution is pretty darn ugly.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Scaffolder

It's looking like a Transformer.
Joel from Maine.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Of course this is from the same people that designed the exhaust 'CAN' for both Gens of bikes and also the H2 exhaust 'CAN'.  Why are we surprised at this being fugly?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Of course this is from the same people that designed the exhaust 'CAN' for both Gens of bikes and also the H2 exhaust 'CAN'.  Why are we surprised at this being fugly?

I would take a stock muffler several times over that mailslot thing.  Besides, I *like* the stock muffler.  It is a little large, but looks fine to me.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
You're a wild and crazy guy, Max!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Anybody have a part number or a line on one? I'll try one. I'm not much to look at but I still work pretty good. In my world,  form FOLLOWS function.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

Anybody have a part number or a line on one? I'll try one. I'm not much to look at but I still work pretty good. In my world,  form FOLLOWS function.

Do you have a mail slot?    ;)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Always....?

(the guy with the sword wouldn't like the picture I was going to post with the question so you've got to use your imagination  :) )

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR

You're going to have to research all the parts, assuming that they're online (I doubt it as it usually takes awhile for a new model year to populate the public parts lists), unless you find a rider that has one and is willing to take it apart to see if it is swappable.  I'm not even sure that any of them have shown up in stock yet.  The dealer locator on their site shows nothing within a 100 miles of my zip code.  I wouldn't buy that screen for a non-2015 bike without doing the research first.

Additionally, I've done a quick search on 2015 parts (nothing).   Even searching 2014 doesn't bring up the C14 parts.  The kawasaki UK GTR page has a bit more but no parts.  Most likely you will need to go to a dealer and see what they have.  Best of luck, but I do think it's a bit early.  I believe that there are aftermarket screens with the mail slot that don't look as ugly as what's on the 2015.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Before I posted I looked around and had no luck finding anything. II'll try ro swing by my local dealer but generally they don't stock much of anything. I mostly get "We can order that. It will take 7-10 days to get it."   >:(   Why would I pay full retail AND wait for a week to get a part?  I don't mind paying full price if I can get it now. (Instant gratification, what can I say?)

God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Before I posted I looked around and had no luck finding anything. II'll try ro swing by my local dealer but generally they don't stock much of anything. I mostly get "We can order that. It will take 7-10 days to get it."   >:(   Why would I pay full retail AND wait for a week to get a part?  I don't mind paying full price if I can get it now. (Instant gratification, what can I say?)

I don't think local dealers carry much of anything in stock, anywhere.  Especially not things specific to one model like windshields, plastic parts, rotors, gears, gaskets, stuff like that.  Some will stock fairly general stuff like brake pads, shims, crush washers, plastic rivets, bolts, bulbs, oil, filters, lube, several tires...  Can't blame them, there are thousands upon thousands of parts... they don't have the space, money, or demand.

Offline Torn

Anyone had any thoughts on buying the new C14 windshield?  Or thoughts on cost.  Im one of the few that actually like the factory windshield and would like to get the new kawi 2015 one especially if it kills the buffeting and vacuum.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Anyone had any thoughts on buying the new C14 windshield?  Or thoughts on cost.  Im one of the few that actually like the factory windshield and would like to get the new kawi 2015 one especially if it kills the buffeting and vacuum.
With the 2010-14 windshield being $260+, I'd suspect the 2015 windshield with all of the extra items for the mail slot to be $300+.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.