Author Topic: for c-10: zx9 fork for sale  (Read 1101 times)

Offline KenE

for c-10: zx9 fork for sale
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:54 PM »
Hey- Up for sale is a zx-9 fork, modified to fit the c-10.
The stock fork on the c-10 is  one weak area in a great bike, with many mods and work arounds- stiffer springs/emulators/ braces.
This sportbike fork from the same era will blow your mind. No braking dive, tracks on rails...stiff yet very silky and resilient.
Whats in the box- upside down cartridge fork tubes, triple tree modified to fit your c-10, risers for a set of tubular handlebars.   Brake disks and 4 pot brake calipers. Speedo from a zx9, spacer,  Zx9 fender.
What you will need: 17 inch wheel, tubular handlebars to fit.  Bolts for handlebar setup. I would  add new triple tree bearings while it is apart.  Some thin brass washers for shims in case your wheel needs  fine tuning to match the calipers and discs together. A turn stop block.
Dings- The stock fork tubes were  gold anodized, I rattle can painted black,  the paint is flaking off. If I recall correctly, there was a a tiny bit of tipover road rash on a corner of one of the tube ends. No big deal, Just truth in advertising.

I am asking 300 plus actual shipping costs, or pick up in Santa Fe, NM.  That could be open to negotiation... I can do it in 3 boxes-one box of fork tubes, one of fender, and one with triple tree, disks, brakes, and etc.

You will be glad you did.

Offline KenE

Re: for c-10: zx9 fork for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:56 PM »
Kenni