Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888418 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2140 on: May 02, 2016, 05:13:45 AM »
Please tell me about Terry's seat.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2141 on: May 02, 2016, 06:23:49 AM »
Installed Hyper-Lite 3 way LED tail lights.

http://www.hyperlites.com/stdsf.html

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #2142 on: May 03, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »
Can't tell you a whole lot because I haven't gotten it yet, hopeful within the next week.
You can find someinfo here or on his FB page. http://www.terryscustomseats.com/
Here is a copy and paste from the info he sent me. Keep in mind this was the end of March when I got this. And I think the double bucket is $375

Info. for  2008' Concours 1400:

For our Single bucket seat---Basic Starting Price: $250

(only the driver receives a bucket seat with the center insert option and stitch pattern.

..Passenger/pillion area will remain stock- but will be recovered with new vinyl)   

We also charge  $25.00 for shipping in the lower 48 states.

*CORE SEAT--- Yes we have have core seats for your bike.

The refundable deposit is ($150).

When you return a (seat) core back to us (*usually within one month of getting your

new seat) you will receive the deposit back in full. 

*And as a reminder,We need the WHOLE SEAT  (an undamaged pan and foam included).

These are what we use to build on.

*Other work requested: **Additional charges may apply for extra work requested

or for any add-on's.

*Schedule: As of this moment -we are booked up til the first of May. (Early Spring thru

Mid-Summer is our busiest time of year.)

Once, we have you down for the estimated start date

we will get to your order as quickly as possible.

We would like our customers to know that Terry works as

fast as he can to make the seats without sacrificing quality or price.

If, Terry gets ahead of schedule and he can get to your seat

quicker...he will!

We will have to ship seat back to you -before June

We are sorry  but,  we are bike riders too and we take trips as often as we can in June

and July.  As of this moment- we do not schedule any specific times that we are in the

shop during those months.

We do custom work, so if you want  a specific vinyl center insert or stitch pattern or different color thread or vinyl... just ask.

ample pictures can be found on our Facebook page, "Terry's Custom Seats",

and our website that we are working on, (terryscustomseats.com).

Please, let us know if you need any other additional information, pictures, etc...

-OR- if you would like to place an order, then I can send you our work order

informational email.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Terry & Debi Adcox

Terry's Custom Seats

215 Deford Ln

Manchester, TN 37355

931-841-2620

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #2143 on: May 03, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
Bought a dark tint Cee Baily Euro Mini for the Connie today. I was scrolling through the forum an saw a picture of Nicole's bike with that windshield and had to have it. You guys are a really bad influence on me!
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2144 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56:49 AM »
Installed the KB-107 risers from Murph's Kits ($92) and the shortened sidestand I purchased from a fellow member. Next stop, lower the front by 1 1/8", according to maxtog's trigonometry/calculus/algebra/NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory's analysis.  :o
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2145 on: May 04, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
Horn Dawg! :o

;)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2146 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
Installed the KB-107 risers from Murph's Kits ($92) and the shortened sidestand I purchased from a fellow member. Next stop, lower the front by 1 1/8", according to maxtog's trigonometry/calculus/algebra/NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory's analysis.  :o

Well, technically, you are lowing the front by 1" by raising the fork tubes 1 1/8", but who is counting???  :)   Have fun!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #2147 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
I assembled my Venom wheel balancer and tire changer. The balancer looks to be a decent unit. The tire changer may or may not be viable. The bead breaker looks OK, so if the rest doesn't work that well I have a piece of carpet and 4x4's.
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2148 on: May 05, 2016, 03:39:33 AM »

New tires, Pirelli Angel GTs

Clutch fluid flushed

State inspection

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2149 on: May 05, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »
I'm swapping the Ohlins from the 08 to the 09. Removing and installing the OEM shock and removing the Ohlins went pretty smoothly but when I removed the Area P Slip-On the clamp failed. Off to get a muffler clamp at Napa. I am going to re-use the OEM gasket. The area apparently does not use a gasket?   
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2150 on: May 05, 2016, 06:07:57 PM »
Installed a new rear tire today, and replaced the TPMS with a regular valve stem. Also noticed the rear brake pads getting thin at almost 40,000 miles. Called my local dealer and they had them in stock! :o
I'll clean and assemble everything in the morning.
Look on the for sale threads for a TPMS for sale that you can change batteries on.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Buffchief85

« Reply #2151 on: May 06, 2016, 03:51:17 PM »
Installed a new Delkavic all polished stainless 17" tri-oval slip on. (New to me 2009 C14). Polished stainless looks great with the candy red paint!  Pulled the flies and added a PCV. Thanks Jamie at FuelMoto for the great price $ 269 and fast FedEx shipping! Oh and a perfect map!!This bike is 100% transformed with the flies removed and PCV and that giant, silly looking potato launcher (stock muffler) gone. Delkavic is not too loud and fits great. Took me about an hour to pull the flies. It's worth it! Not knocking the ECU flashes, I'm a mechanic and like do my own mods. 100% happy with flies gone, the bike just flat out rips now!  :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:46:07 PM by Buffchief85 »
2009 C14 Candy red.  Tall shield, laminar lip. Led amber city lights, Delkavic 17" slip on, flies gone! PCV -Fuelmoto map, Grabon grips. Shinko tires, Techspec tank grips.
2014 Victory Cross Country
1998 Honda VTR1000
US Air Force Crew Chief 1984 - 2016

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2152 on: May 06, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »
Installed a new Delkavic 17 trioval slip on. (New to me 2009 C14). Pulled the flies and added a PCV. Thanks Jamie at FuelMoto for the great price $ 269 and fast FedEx shipping! Oh and a perfect map!!This bike is 100% transformed with the flies removed and PCV and that giant, silly looking potato launcher (stock muffler) gone. Delkavic is not too loud and fits great. Took me about an hour to pull the flies. It's worth it! Not knocking the ECU flashes, I'm a mechanic and like do my own mods. 100% happy with flies gone, the bike just flat out rips now!  :D
I bought an 09 two weeks ago and planning to add the Delkevic slip-on but can't decide between the Oval and the Tri0val. In Stainless. Is yours black? The 09 runs so good (as good or better than my 08) I am wondering if the flies are already out. The  08 has the flies out and an area P and a PCV from Fuel Moto and it was major improvement over stock. Was planning to flash the 09.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2153 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »
Installed a Throttlemiester! Man did it take a lotta fitting adjustments for that perfect install but it's super rewarding if done right. Super excited to get some longer jaunts in!!!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #2154 on: May 10, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
I bought a Kawasaki Touring Seat for it. This is the last of the farkeling before my trip to Helen, Georgia. I hope to have time next week to spoon on the Angel GT's I have sitting in the garage. Man this going on vacation next month is a lot of work! lol ;D
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2155 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:52 PM »
Installed a Throttlemiester! Man did it take a lotta fitting adjustments for that perfect install but it's super rewarding if done right. Super excited to get some longer jaunts in!!!

Can't tell you how many times I have almost bought one, then thought about all the adjustments and fiddling and just did the lazy thing... nothing.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline BrianK

« Reply #2156 on: May 10, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
Can't tell you how many times I have almost bought one, then thought about all the adjustments and fiddling and just did the lazy thing... nothing.
My 09 came with already installed. The guy who sold me the bike didn't even mention them. BONUS!!! 8)

Offline EZ

« Reply #2157 on: May 10, 2016, 07:51:27 PM »
FWIW If you get it perfect in 80 degree weather and then ride to somewhere its mid 30s, it will not work. Don't ask how I know this  >:(  Make it a little snug in lock position.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2158 on: May 15, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Finally triggered the ABS for the first time.  Wasn't sure I would reasonably make a light and changed my mind at the last second.  Worked fine.

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #2159 on: May 15, 2016, 03:43:29 PM »
Put some new meats on. They sure look purty, hope they handle as good as I've heard.
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja