Author Topic: Hello from eastern Iowa  (Read 134 times)

Offline IAkawboy

Hello from eastern Iowa
« on: May 04, 2024, 08:01:29 AM »
Hello from eastern Iowa.
I own and ride an '86 c10. The bike was previously owned by my father, from whom I bartered it.
I have owned various older (1970s-1980s) kawis in the past. And being a married with children working fool, I do all my own bike maintenance and repair.
The bike had been sitting dormant since 2018, when i resurrected her about a week before a multiple state cross country ride last summer.

"Have you tried using your Jeremy Clarkson diagnostic tool?" -Me

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Hello from eastern Iowa
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 04:10:29 PM »
Welcome aboard  ;D :chugbeer:
Nice taste in colour.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline IAkawboy

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:05:01 AM »
Nice!
Bike was originally a battle-ship grey in color, and being as how I live and ride near/in an area with multiple major interstate highways, I wanted a more vibrant color.
Being a working stiff with a wife and kids, rattle-can rustoleum florescant green was the choice for me!
"Have you tried using your Jeremy Clarkson diagnostic tool?" -Me

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:40:52 AM »
My '89 started out blue but for a variety of reasons got rattle-canned matt black with fluorescent highlights (see my sig picture) and then many years later I decided to redo him in Kawasaki Team Green.
I tend not rely on being seen as in my experience being visible really doesn't help if they don't look. I just like the green.
If I ever get rich I will have him professionally resprayed the same green as the 2015 Concours14 with gloss black stripes and belly pan/lower.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK