Author Topic: How long to keep full coverage  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: How long to keep full coverage
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
The voices in his head provide direction in his actions.  Why else would he drink martinis before bed time? :o

Good point.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »
SOP is the closest to the truth.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
SOP is the closest to the truth.
Your voice communicates with my voice so I have an unfair advantage ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
Possibly, but on the brighter side, the wife agrees with it being a martini night...all is right with the world.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline julianop

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
Possibly, but on the brighter side, the wife agrees with it being a martini night...all is right with the world.

Mine called me just before I left work telling me she was going out to get more tonic water (for the gin, of course) which in my house means the exact opposite, i.e. that the boys have been acting up. "Just wait 'til your father gets home" kind of thing.

Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 04:16:06 PM »
I remember that.  It meant dad was going to cut some switches for us when he got home....ah the good ole days on a SAC AF base in the mid-60s.  Good times.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Full coverage on the Concours is double full coverage on the Voyager even though the Voyager is worth $5k more.  For now I keep full coverage on the Connie and Voyager because they are primary transportation. 

I prefer not to have full coverage on the bikes because it helps me ride accordingly.  Less willing to take risks.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 06:53:56 PM »
Full coverage on the Concours is double full coverage on the Voyager even though the Voyager is worth $5k more.  For now I keep full coverage on the Connie and Voyager because they are primary transportation. 

I prefer not to have full coverage on the bikes because it helps me ride accordingly.  Less willing to take risks.

For whatever reason I don't think value comes into their equation which is odd, I have more $ into my ZG than my Gixxer but yet the Gixxer has the higher premium of the 2...  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 06:28:22 AM »
Your voice communicates with my voice so I have an unfair advantage ::)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 08:32:29 AM »
Well that explains everything.  I was wondering about that monkey on my back.

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
In about three more payments I will be thru paying my loan down. Of course I have had to keep full coverage but I was wondering what the thoughts were as far as keeping full coverage or cutting back? Mine is a 2002.

As an insurance agent for over 40 years my answer has always been "Until you feel confortable without it"

If you have to ask the question you are still not confortable without it.  So if I were you I'd keep it until (you don't care one way or the other if you have it.)  CK
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 08:01:58 AM »

Funny, the photo desn't look like BILL CLINTON!
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
Funny, the photo desn't look like BILL CLINTON!

Which, the monkey or Carl?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
If it was Billy the voice would be saying 'cigar'.