Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86792 times)

Offline Ddfee

• Be the person your dog thinks you are
Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW, WE ARE AT 15th SETS!
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
Ok, so what do canyon cages look like, any pics? I'm all confirmed for a full set of the bathroom variety, despite their looks. I don't want to buy the front set IF another,better looking set becomes available. I do need full protection as I plan on doing police cone course practice to develop my skills on the  Connie and that means high probability of dropping the bike.

Nothing like muddying the waters in the 11th hour!

Dave
2011 C14
2003 Honda GL 1800
2000 Honda Blackbird
IBA Member

Offline Ddfee

• Be the person your dog thinks you are
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
Ok saw the cages on the MC website...single bathroom handle vs the dual towel rack.  For my tastes and more importantly for my needs, i will stay with the order as planned...

D
2011 C14
2003 Honda GL 1800
2000 Honda Blackbird
IBA Member

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
I'm in, just sent an email to Ryan Nichols at MCEnteprises for the engine guard for a 2012 Concours.

1st time I ordered from a discount list, let me know if anything else is needed.

Bob H...

Thanks for the order, Bob! I'm out of the office for the day by now but as long as you sent over your full name, shipping address, phone number, CC info, year of your Concours, whether you wanted the front guards, rear guards, or both, and preference on finish (chrome or matte black) then we will be good to go! If anything is missing from your email I'll just call you tomorrow when I'm at the office.

Ok, so what do canyon cages look like, any pics? I'm all confirmed for a full set of the bathroom variety, despite their looks. I don't want to buy the front set IF another,better looking set becomes available. I do need full protection as I plan on doing police cone course practice to develop my skills on the  Connie and that means high probability of dropping the bike.

Nothing like muddying the waters in the 11th hour!

Dave

I have attached some photos of Canyon Cages we did for the GSXR and the R6 so you can get an idea of where we'd be going with it. However, on the Concours, I'd like to stay away from those flat brackets as much as realistically possible. Keep in mind though, this is still something I'm working on the owners to let me go through with. I'm going to do my best to get 'em made for you guys but I can't promise anything quite yet. Anyway, check them out and let me know what you think.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
I just sent a PM to So Cal Joe to see if he could help out MCE or if he knew anybody down there that would give up there bike for a week.

I would much rather have the canyon cage style than the cop style.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
EDIT: I also added a few more photos of the rear guard for the 2011 Concours for whoever it was that asked! The photos are taken on a 2010 but these are the same exact bars that fit the 2011.

Thanks for the additional pics.  I have been torn between the black and silver (chrome).  Still leaning toward the chrome for my Silver bike.   But I have already decided I will be ordering one or the other...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
Black for silver, chrome for pirates. ;)

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
I have decided that the front bars are too institutional looking for me. I just can't bring myself to put them on. I would be much more interested in the canyon carvers.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:42 AM »
I had the GSG's on my 2008 and they looked nice even though I doubt the protection was the same level as the MC Enterprise Guards. For my new 2012;
I'll order the 2010-2012 Small Saddle bag guards in black with the group. For the front I can't get myself to ignore the appearance of the Engine/Fairing guards.

For the front I still don't know if I should go for the GSG's or wait for the upcoming Canyon Bars? They are stirring up interest in this thread and I would surely like to see what they are supposed to look like. Any examples? Is it worth the wait? Will we benefit from the group discount if we wait for the develloped product? I know the front Engine and fairing guards are probably what would protect my bike the most in case of a crash but I would ruin my bike's looks with these elephant ears. Can't get over it even if I tell myself 'what a nice place to put fog lights or extra driving lights'.
Help :-\

Love to ride my new 2012 Concours
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2012, 04:57:47 AM »
I hope that we're not going backwards on our order count?    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »
I hope that we're not going backwards on our order count?    :o

Only one or two people have revised their orders, not cancelled them completely so we're still way over the mark. Don't worry =)

I had the GSG's on my 2008 and they looked nice even though I doubt the protection was the same level as the MC Enterprise Guards. For my new 2012;
I'll order the 2010-2012 Small Saddle bag guards in black with the group. For the front I can't get myself to ignore the appearance of the Engine/Fairing guards.

For the front I still don't know if I should go for the GSG's or wait for the upcoming Canyon Bars? They are stirring up interest in this thread and I would surely like to see what they are supposed to look like. Any examples? Is it worth the wait? Will we benefit from the group discount if we wait for the develloped product? I know the front Engine and fairing guards are probably what would protect my bike the most in case of a crash but I would ruin my bike's looks with these elephant ears. Can't get over it even if I tell myself 'what a nice place to put fog lights or extra driving lights'.
Help :-\

I have posted some rough examples of Canyon Cages we made for other bikes if you scroll up a tad. I believe the post they're attached to is still on page 13. Keep in mind, our "bathroom bars" we're designed specifically for law enforcement so aesthetics took a backseat to strength and functionality. However, these Canyon Cages will be manufactured with the civilian rider in mind meaning we pay a bit more attention to comfort, passenger comfort, aesthetics, lean angle, etc.

As far as discounts for waiting for the Canyon Cages, I would be willing to offer a discount on the Canyon Cages to those of you who purchased a front set of guards during the group buy. Aside from that, I'd be willing to set up a second group buy for the Canyon Cages if enough people are still interested in them once they're in production.

I'm going to start a new thread for Canyon Cage discussion (http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7593.0) because we're getting a bit off-topic for this thread. I'd like to keep this thread focused on the Group-Buy, if at all possible. Anyway, if you're at all interested in Canyon Cages for your Connie or have any questions regarding them, please check out the Canyon Cage thread!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Just so I can keep you guys as up-to-date as possible, I'm going to post the initials and zip code of the customers we ship each day so you can get an idea of when your parts may be arriving. The lucky ones today are:

J.G. - 34433
T.T. - V9Z 1J4
G.P. - 62901
T.F. - 23456
B.O. - 92683
B.C. - 98023
M.B. - 78738
A.A. - 34711
A.L. - 60113
J.B. - 45833

If, for some reason, you'd rather not have this information posted please PM me and I'll promptly remove it. I just figured this would be an easy way to inform everyone of their order status.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
I had the GSG's on my 2008 and they looked nice even though I doubt the protection was the same level as the MC Enterprise Guards.

I am looking very seriously at the GSG's for the front now.  I am under no illusions- there is no way they can protect like the bathroom bars could.  The problem, is that I really don't know how much protection they offer- at ALL, at least when combined with the MCE rears.

For the front I still don't know if I should go for the GSG's or wait for the upcoming Canyon Bars?

To me, they look far more interesting than the front bathroom bars.  However, I expect they still have two major drawbacks:  1) I expect they will still require drilling  2) You will have to remove them and then reinstall them every time you need to take the fairings off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:31:16 PM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
I am looking very seriously at the GSG's for the front now.  I am under no illusions- there is no way they can protect like the bathroom bars could.  The problem, is that I really don't know how much protection they offer- at ALL, at least when combined with the McM rears.

To me, they look far more interesting than the front bathroom bars.  However, I expect they still have two major drawbacks:  1) I expect they will still require drilling  2) You will have to remove them and then reinstall them every time you need to take the fairings off.

After I get the MCE rear bars installed on my bike I'll snap a pic of how the GSG's upfront and the MCE's in the rear work together. I'm not going to lay my bike down for you fellas but I will drag a 4x8 piece of plywood over to my bike and show you how the bike would look laying on the ground. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »
After I get the MCE rear bars installed on my bike I'll snap a pic of how the GSG's upfront and the MCE's in the rear work together. I'm not going to lay my bike down for you fellas but I will drag a 4x8 piece of plywood over to my bike and show you how the bike would look laying on the ground.
Be a good time to try that right side centerstand trick.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »
Thanks for the additional pics.  I have been torn between the black and silver (chrome).  Still leaning toward the chrome for my Silver bike.   But I have already decided I will be ordering one or the other...

I think you are local, if so take them J&J powder coating and have them done in silver.  Their prices are good and their work is great!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

You took the words right out of my mouth....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2012, 04:47:17 AM »

You took the words right out of my mouth....

The thought hasn't escaped me. More protection 'just in case' and another point to grab on to while I do the impossible and win MG's bike.    ;)

Offline farrider2

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW! 3 MORE DAYS...
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »
Thanks Ryan --- I see my set is in the mail in one day. That's great follow through on the offer. Looking forward to getting the new bars in place.

• MC Enterprises
Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW! 3 MORE DAYS...
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Thanks Ryan --- I see my set is in the mail in one day. That's great follow through on the offer. Looking forward to getting the new bars in place.

You're welcome, buddy!

We shipped one order today but the recipient has escaped me as I'm out of the office for the day now. I've been super busy today so I didn't have a chance to update it while I was at work. I can check who it was and update the information tomorrow morning when I get back in the office. We will be shipping the majority of your orders early to middle of next week when we receive the #1400-310's back from our powder coaters. I hope you all thoroughly enjoy your bars and, as always, keep your shiny side up!

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
Just so I can keep you guys as up-to-date as possible, I'm going to post the initials and zip code of the customers we ship each day so you can get an idea of when your parts may be arriving. The lucky ones today are:

J.G. - 34433
T.T. - V9Z 1J4
G.P. - 62901
T.F. - 23456
B.O. - 92683
B.C. - 98023
M.B. - 78738
A.A. - 34711
A.L. - 60113
J.B. - 45833

If, for some reason, you'd rather not have this information posted please PM me and I'll promptly remove it. I just figured this would be an easy way to inform everyone of their order status.

WOOHOO!  Just made the cut for the first batch.  Now if my luck holds out they'll be delivered tomorrow afternoon just before I start putting the fairing pieces back on.

Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!