Author Topic: National Cycle V-Stream Windshield WILL Fit 2016 and newer C14!  (Read 1409 times)

Offline twistyrider

Based on personal experience and commentary from many others regarding windshield options for the Connie, the National Cycle V-Stream offers the best combination of wind protection and looks of anything else out there.

I have one on my 2009 Connie and have found it to be the best wind protection of any previous bike I've owned (most with some sort of aftermarket shield).  Then I upgraded to a 2018 model.

Here's the problem.  National Cycle claims their windshield will not fit 2016+ models.  Kawi restyled the windshield in the 2016 and later models with an adjustable vent in the center of the screen.  It doesn't do anything far as I could tell and the overall appearance of the windshield does nothing for the bike style-wise.  So you're left with few if any aftermarket solutions.

Here is the solution.  The V-Stream windshield is a direct bolt-up to the motorized frame brackets for the windshield.  The problem is the trim caps for the stock shield don't fit as they are designed to shroud the vent opening.  Solution:  order left and right trim caps and two rubber "dampers" from an earlier model.

Yes, there's some cost involved, depending on who you source the parts from.  The parts are readily available.  I ordered mine through my local dealer who gives me a nice discount.  Total cost was about $35.  I had them in about three days.

Part numbers are as follows:
14091-0643  LH Cover Windshield
14091-0642  RH Cover Windshield
92161-0495  Damper, Windshield (2 are needed—one goes underneath each cover).

Well worth the effort to get this windshield on a late model Connie!

Offline PH14

Re: National Cycle V-Stream Windshield WILL Fit 2016 and newer C14!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:54:40 PM »
The vent does do something. It helps relieve the back pressure you get at highway speeds. My 2009 was extremely fatiguing on
long days. It would push you forward. On a 700+ mile day, it really tires you, and is annoying. Even on a 100 mile day it annoyed me. I got the CalSci windshield and that fixed it for me, because... it has a vent.

Glad you got something to work for you, and thanks for the parts list required. Good info.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »
I've got a 2015 factory vented windshield on my 2010. It helps with back pressure (for me, pretty much only at full height) but it also helps keep my phone cooler in it's mount. That's a issue here in Phoenix.

Same thing applies when going the opposite direction as you, as long has you have all the mounting hardware, it fits.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
I've got a 2015 factory vented windshield on my 2010. It helps with back pressure (for me, pretty much only at full height) but it also helps keep my phone cooler in it's mount. That's a issue here in Phoenix.

Same thing applies when going the opposite direction as you, as long has you have all the mounting hardware, it fits.

I wonder if all that extra weight could cause more wear on the mountings though?  I worry about that with my X-creen thing as well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 03:22:31 PM »
When I had it apart, I saw no evidence of wear. And it had a big ol' touring windshield when I got it.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline twistyrider

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »
The stock shield does nothing for me style-wise.  I think it hinders the looks of the bike.  And after about a thousand total miles of riding and fiddling with that "vent," to no noticeable avail, I figured out how to make the V-Stream work and ditched the stocker. (Well, I didn't ditch it, I'll post it for sale in case anyone needs one.)

For me, the V-Stream has been the best combination of style, comfort, wind-protection and noise reduction of any windshield on any bike I've owned--and I've owned a bunch of them.  And I'll say this for the beautiful Connie.  I think it is the best sport-touring motorcycle out there--and I've owned or ridden pretty much all of them.  I really, really like this bike and highly recommend it to anyone interested in stepping into this genre.