Author Topic: Farkles and such..... =o)  (Read 18177 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Farkles and such..... =o)
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
Plastic dip....is that anything like sheep dip?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
Cool idea IMHO, that stuff has really gotten popular for moto and auto usage. Now I must comment however, on that enormous and hideously out of its element Givi Trunk, that looks HUGE and hangs way too far off the back!!!!  :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Gsun

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »
Cool idea IMHO, that stuff has really gotten popular for moto and auto usage. Now I must comment however, on that enormous and hideously out of its element Givi Trunk, that looks HUGE and hangs way too far off the back!!!!  :o
Looks better with the side bags on, but if it works.....it's all good!

Offline Smiffer

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 07:31:40 AM »
I like it, and for the $ you can't go wrong. Especially since if you don't like it the stuff just peels off. Like the other guy posted a lot of car forums have people using it. I did my Jeeps rims 8K miles ago and they're holding up great. Even through the winter.

Gotta love a heated garage. Definitely beats working in a parka with frozen fingers.
2010 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
I like it, and for the $ you can't go wrong. Especially since if you don't like it the stuff just peels off. Like the other guy posted a lot of car forums have people using it. I did my Jeeps rims 8K miles ago and they're holding up great. Even through the winter.

Gotta love a heated garage. Definitely beats working in a parka with frozen fingers.

Doesn't that stuff build character?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »

yup I am with ya...  trunk will only be on when I make my long trips...!  Cali run 2014!   :D
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
Looks better with the side bags on, but if it works.....it's all good!

i agree with you as well ...  trailered up to Chips place, didnt seen any reason to put saddle bags on ...  He wired the trunk for me so that had to be there... 
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »
My only concern would be uneven weight throwing balance off. Of course a moot point if a balance is done after installing tires.

:stirpot:
 :popcorn:

it doesnt weigh that much!!  And already did 65...70 mph for 50+miles .... NO WORRIES! 
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
took the plati dip even farther ....  bought the extension for the handle bars from a member (were raw) so needed to cover them up so they didnt rust when I got caught in the rain ... so I plati dip (sprayed) them ....  and then moved to the hub and swing arm ...  love the look and the rims have about 1500 miles on them , NO WORRIES and they look great still ! 

Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
Looks good CMH Guy.  I like the black rims better.

What extensions are those?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »

Swing arm looks so much better black IMO!  8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:58 PM »
Swing arm looks so much better black IMO!  8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Like.... wow.  You think so?  You like black?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »
took the plati dip even farther ....  bought the extension for the handle bars from a member (were raw) so needed to cover them up so they didnt rust when I got caught in the rain ... so I plati dip (sprayed) them ....  and then moved to the hub and swing arm ...  love the look and the rims have about 1500 miles on them , NO WORRIES and they look great still ! 

What extensions are those?

The extensions are made by Phil (Phil'sFarkles, Phil's Rack, Phil's T nuts),  in Texas.  They are made from Aluminium and Stainless, so they should not rust.  But since you were making everything else black, why not.  ;)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
The extensions are made by Phil (Phil'sFarkles, Phil's Rack, Phil's T nuts),  in Texas.  They are made from Aluminium and Stainless, so they should not rust.  But since you were making everything else black, why not.  ;)

you are correct ... they are made by Phil ......  and I believe from a few of the messages I got from him he said I should coat them with something .....  But I could be wrong .. 

and i do like black... better than silver!   :)
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline CMH GUY

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »
well first update ..  I had to get tires out in the lake george, ny and they took the old tires off put the new ones on PR3's ...  And the thought the plastidip would need a big touch up.....  BUT it just needs a little touch up!   :)
Canal Winchester, Ohio

Offline clogan

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
And now for something completely different..almost..

http://grammarist.com/usage/moot-mute/  :grouphug:  :stirpot:

Dang it, I'm in one of those moods, I can't decide if I want to make peace
or stir the pot.  ::)
  (coin flip......hmm.....tails,  :stirpot: it is.)

..SO,regardless of method and ease of reversal, why would anyone want to take perfectly good
silver wheels (that go well with any color) and make them look dirty, black, and cheap?  :nuts:

:popcorn:

Marty: Thanks for pointing out the mute vs. moot thing. I am convinced 99% of the people mispronounce and/or misspell the word "moot".  It rhymes with "boot", folks.
OK...that' it for today's grammar session... Sorry.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »
Marty: Thanks for pointing out the mute vs. moot thing. I am convinced 99% of the people mispronounce and/or misspell the word "moot".  It rhymes with "boot", folks.
So yer sayin its a mute point, rite?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »
So yer sayin its a mute point, rite?

;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 04:56:17 AM »

Wait, what? 99%? In my 55 years on this rock I've never heard anyone say mute when they meant moot, and yes, it rhymes with boot.    :stirpot:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 05:22:26 AM »
Rhymes with suit too....unless you add an e then it doesn't.