Author Topic: While I was getting PR3s today, I test rode the K1600GTL  (Read 1913 times)

Offline RIGS

While I was getting PR3s today, I test rode the K1600GTL
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
Impressive looking machine, comfortable with a silky smooth engine BUT.....
The transmission was, in my humble opinion, just plain shitty for lack of a better technical term.
I had a hell of a time going from 1st to 2nd, it kept getting stuck in neutral. This happened 5 or 6 times, maybe I am used to my C14, maybe I suck at BMW shiftage but I've never had trouble like this with any other bike I've ridden.

I didn't take the time to fiddle with any of the technical marvels on the bike. I was concentrating of trying to ride the **** of the bike.

I think the C14 is quicker and feels like it has more power. I don't think will be spilling 25k for this bike.
I have a new appreciation for my Connie....

Bob

Re: While I was getting PR3s today, I test rode the K1600GTL
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
 Maybe the transmission has to work in a little and will get somewhat smoother in a little time? I know my bike felt clunky up shifting when it was brand new compared to the C14. But it smoothed out nicely in short order.  I still don't think it is as smooth as my C14 was, but it got much better after running a little bit that I have no complaints what so ever!
 Beside you don't need a new bike. You just bought this one to replace the last brand new C14!   :D

By the way, it was great meeting y'all last weekend. Maybe we'll see y'all again real soon!  :)