Author Topic: Got ran into yesterday  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
Got ran into yesterday
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
Looking back, this is kind of a funny story...  I had an uneventful ride home from work, yesterday. UNTIL I got into my neighborhood. That's when someone ran into my motorcycle. Literally RAN into me. Of all things, I get run into by a jogger. A JOGGER!  Runnin' along, staring at the ground, headphones in her ears. Runs through a four-way intersection, out from behind a really big line of tall bushes. Doesn't look, or pause, just keeps on a runnin'.

I saw her at the last minute and started steering away and slowing down. It happened so fast that steering away didn't get me more than a couple feet away to the left. Slowing down hard got me to an almost complete stop before she ran into me.  The woman ran into the back edge of my right saddlebag and down she went.

I asked if she was all right, she said she was (no cuts, scrapes, etc.).  And then, she starts yelling at ME.  Prolly not the smartest move on my part, but since we were both O.K., I decided that if she wants to play the game where he who get mad first - loses, then we'll play.  I told her that her words, actions and behavior reflect, oh so well on her mother and how well mommy taught and raised her. I knew what saying that would accomoplish (and it worked!)  OH, boy. That set her off all over again - 'you talkin' 'bout my momma!' kinda stuff. Didn't understand it all, 'cuz she was talking so fast, loud, and using some kind of ghetto that I've never heard before.  Smiling and nodding my head seemed to infuriate her more.  She finally ended it by calling me a few choice names and went back to her running, still talking about me, agrily, to herself. Talk about entertainment.  It was awsome, listening to and watching her tirade.  Fun stuff...

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Got ran into yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
Where's Bobby Bare when ya need him?
"One o them dang ol' joggers!"
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
Yeah, but she'll be the one that files a police report that you hit her. Strange isn't it nowdays that folks attack you after they did something wrong and you ask if they are ok. I wonder if the tables were turned how she would reacted. Something tells me she would have acted differently. Glad you are ok.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
I saw her again last night.  Appears as if she learned, a little, something - running on the sidewalk, this time.  At the point I saw her, she still had a bit to go before the nearest intersection.  So, who knows if she's learned to look both ways before crossing the street.  And, she was still wearing earphones and was still staring at the ground, though.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:07 PM »
I've noticed also besides not being taught how to walk down a road AGAINST traffic and not paying attention, not knowing how to cross a street perpendicular to the red light much less use the marked crosswalk. And of course throw in earphones, dark clothing and actually walking IN the street as opposed to the shoulder and its a wonder how more folks are not killed.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline booger

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
At least she didn't out run you and hit you from behind ;D

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 06:12:46 AM »
OK this may not seem lady like...but what a STUPID BIT<H!   

You should get some chalk and write her a message on the sidewalk.....see if she get's "it"...
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »
A cop would see him and cite him for defacing public property..... 8)
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »
I work at a university and every year we get at least 5 students hit by cars because they walk right out into traffic without looking first. There are marked crosswalks all over the place but they ignore those and just walk where they want to. I guess their mamas never taught them the right way to cross a street. Just as some of them can't even dress themselves properly in the winter time.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
When I leave my neighborhood I drive along a street many kids use to walk to the high school.  It's a fairly narrow and fairly busy street.  Of course they walk down it like the whole thing is their sidewalk.  I'm sure they consider me to be a complete a'hole because I refuse to give them a very wide margin.  I figure if they can feel the wind from my passing vehicle they might get the message to walk on the side of the road before one of their texting while driving classmates runs them over.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »
At least she didn't out run you and hit you from behind ;D

Silverdammit??  ;)

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
at any point in her tirade did you remind her that she ran into you?

Some people...  ::)
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »
This should provide some serious entertainment the next meeting between you two..

COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
at any point in her tirade did you remind her that she ran into you?

Nope.  I figured we both knew what took place.  And so, the need to point it out didn't need to be made.  Besides, she was SO miffed, that it was just way more fun to keep pushing that button.  She let herself get so steamed that she probably not only ruined the rest of day, but the rest of her week.

This should provide some serious entertainment the next meeting between you two..

That would be fun.  But, as far as I'm concerned, its done and over.  I'm not one to carry a grudge or to 'push' as much as I am to 'push back' and then go about my own.  I still see her running around the neighborhood staring at the ground with her earphones, so I guess there is a chance for another meeting...