Author Topic: O'ring stop oil ... maybe!  (Read 9150 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: O'ring stop oil ... maybe!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
It's under the fuel injection fiche. :banghead:  Part number 92055-1639 There are two of them, the one in the front as seen in the video
and one on top of the cylinder head cover, aka valve cover.

Hmmmmm.......if I do in fact have a leak, I bet it is coming from 1 or maybe even both of these orings.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
connie1 :)

O'ring is quality, but not with specs as the original, this was my choice, because if I'm a magician per hour!
Without the risk is not resolved I think.

MGvalerio. 8)

Torque spec for that bolt?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »
87in-lbs...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
It's under the fuel injection fiche. :banghead:  Part number 92055-1639 There are two of them, the one in the front as seen in the video
and one on top of the cylinder head cover, aka valve cover.

Never would have thought to look there....thanks for finding it.

I usually take the plastic off in the front to check the header nuts so I'll have a look see then.  I've been getting smells from the bike really since day 1 at times.  It smelled a bit when I took it out the day before yesterday but it had been sitting some.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »
the Kaw p/n is 92055-1639

I just have'nt had the ambition or spare time to pull the damn sensor out and measure the groove size...
McMaster Carr has "quad" rings (they have 4 lobes, kinda like a shamrock shape in cross section) that seal much better than a simple round cross section ring, they have them in Viton and Buna...
and in the sizes I can estimate (3/32 or 1/8 cross section) would cost about $0.12 each...you could buy a sack of 100 for the price of 6 at kaws price..... ;)

somebody find the "dash" number for this part, I have searched all the Kaw parts sites hoping to find a cross reference on the size...  it's either a -1xx or a -2xx part number in "o-ring lingo" for a 3/32 or 1/8 section.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=m9g9jz

oh, STANDARD o-rings in this size range run about the same price for 100 pieces as Kaw charges for 1 piece...( approx $2.50)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
I obviously cannot see much without pulling off the plastic, but I can see what looks to be oil residue on the right side. Thinking it may be the sensor in question, or possibly the valve cover oring mentioned above that. Smoke was coming from the bottom of my header, I could see it when I was laying down on the garage floor. My leak doesnt appear to be very bad, just enough to **** me off though.  >:(
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
Orings didn;t fix the prob on my ZX14...and you guys are scaring me with these C14 leaky Kawasaki  :censored: bikes!

I could be riding a leaky Hardly-Ableson slow with a dew rag!  ;D

If the dealer used the same diameter oring "which they did" then I am not surprised it eventually started to leak again. I am pretty convinced I have a slow leak from the cam sensor oring, and from the way that oil spreads out all over the cylinder head, it would not be hard for anyone to assume it is coming from the valve cover. But....I am betting most valve covers are not the culprit, it is in fact this oring. I am gonna strip the plastic off and get this swapped out ASAP. From the vid it looks like that sensor is on the right side of bike while sitting, and left side looking from the front?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 10:02:55 PM »

I sent a PM, waiting to hear back.

Va montato o-ring originale kawasaki,io non ho risolto il problema causa o-ring non originale.
Al prossimo intervento applicherò pure al cilindro sensore pasta rossa guarnizioni anti calore.
Detto sensore andrebbe riprogettato con guarnizione o-ring non interno.

MG valerio. >:(
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
Va montato o-ring originale kawasaki,io non ho risolto il problema causa o-ring non originale.
Al prossimo intervento applicherò pure al cilindro sensore pasta rossa guarnizioni anti calore.
Detto sensore andrebbe riprogettato con guarnizione o-ring non interno.

MG valerio. >:(

"It is mounted O-ring original kawasaki, I have not solved the problem because o-ring is not original.
At the next action I shall apply also to the sensor cylinder seals anti pasta red heat.
The sensor should be redesigned with O-ring inside".

Now I am really confused. :)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 12:15:04 AM »

"It is mounted O-ring original kawasaki, I have not solved the problem because o-ring is not original.
At the next action I shall apply also to the sensor cylinder seals anti pasta red heat.
The sensor should be redesigned with O-ring inside".

Now I am really confused. :)

Non devi essere confuso???
la soluzione con un nuovo o-ring originale non sarà mai definitiva,fino a quando non riprogetteranno detto sensore con un o-ring esterno. ;)

MG valerio. :finger_fing11:
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!