Author Topic: Man Arrested for Loading Legal Gun With Too Many Bullets  (Read 9101 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Man Arrested for Loading Legal Gun With Too Many Bullets
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
....as if the fedgov doesn't pass unconstitutional laws.   :rotflmao:

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
....as if the fedgov doesn't pass unconstitutional laws.   :rotflmao:

LOL Set myself up for that one eh?

BTW I'm happy to have read on "ILL" state police website that least if I'm driving straight through the state that I no longer need to lock up my weapon in transport mode when just passing through....

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:42:52 PM by T Cro ® »
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »
Be careful, as the ILL-inois cc laws are new and still 'evolving'.  ::)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »
Be careful, as the ILL-inois cc laws are new and still 'evolving'.  ::)

Yes it is still evolving as I can see different verbage between now and a couple months ago.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »
What's true today may not be true tomorrow. I'd carry a copy of whatever the current law is at the time as everybody who needs to know what the law is may not know.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »
With the types of cops that are out there now I would still be careful because whatever the law is they may still do whatever they want regardless of the law.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
What's true today may not be true tomorrow. I'd carry a copy of whatever the current law is at the time as everybody who needs to know what the law is may not know.
There's an app for that.. CCW-Concealed Carry 50 State Guide.
iphone, android and kindle apps..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »
But that requires possession of electronic devices I have sworn never to own.  8)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
But that requires possession of electronic devices I have sworn never to own.  8)
I swore to never ride a HD, but everything has a price ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
 :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
Among many reasons I am no longer a NY resident. Also among the reasons I am no longer a non gun owner and now a CCW permit holder, my wife as well, with several carry arms and long weapons in our home.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »
Did everyone miss the 'short chase' part of the article?  After that, I'm sure the leo had cause to check the gun.  Just my opinion, of course, but MOST times people doing nothing wrong don't get a lot of hassle from police-types.  Most likely the cop checked the gun for his own safety (not knowing why these guys didn't pull over immediately) and then found the extra rounds. 
I'm not saying the law isn't b.s., but there's more to this story than the number of rounds in the magazine.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 05:46:45 AM »
Did everyone miss the 'short chase' part of the article?  After that, I'm sure the leo had cause to check the gun.  Just my opinion, of course, but MOST times people doing nothing wrong don't get a lot of hassle from police-types.  Most likely the cop checked the gun for his own safety (not knowing why these guys didn't pull over immediately) and then found the extra rounds. 
I'm not saying the law isn't b.s., but there's more to this story than the number of rounds in the magazine.

Nope I did not miss the "short chase" comment; but it makes little difference to me as to the stupidity of the law itself that forbids loading of more than 7 rounds into a mag (gun) that was legally built to hold 10, 14, or 17 etc.... If the LEO did have to give true chase well that would indeed change the dynamics of the situation and in many (most?) states when a car is stopped the "detention" applies to all occupants. But it also does not give the LEO the right to go "fishing" for violations either as that is what counting of the rounds amounted too. Taking possession of the gun for officer safety is one thing, as is removing the mag and round in chamber; but counting of rounds is entirely another...

As to the comment "MOST times people doing nothing wrong don't get a lot of hassle from police-types" have you kept up with the crazy laws that "the people" in some of these states have to live under? How about the "unregistered ammo" that might land a man in jail for 1 year for 1 EMPTY (FIRED) brass cartridge and another year for an unfired but "dead" shotgun shell?

This is where my true outrage lies in the fact that this is no longer America the Land of the Free as we the people are being dumbed down to living under the restrictions of a Police State....
Tony P. Crochet

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 05:57:34 AM »
Them guys with banjo music?  Aint as dumb as people make me out to be ;)  Cue the music...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 06:07:21 AM »
Never thought of you and banjo music at the same time......should I?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:19 AM »
Well, he has taken to riding a Harley.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 06:50:30 AM »
Squeal like a Hog!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline julianop

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
...This is where my true outrage lies in the fact that this is no longer America the Land of the Free as we the people are being dumbed down to living under the restrictions of a Police State....

I agree. It makes me furious to hear bleating about defending our freedom from invading foreigners when it is our own people who are restricting us.

Where you and I might disagree, though, is that I believe the greatest influence is more from corporate sources than from purely political ones; the power of the corporate lobby machine is vast, and largely invisible. Politicians get into office by pleasing us, but they stay in office by pleasing those with deep pockets.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline julianop

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »
Them guys with banjo music?  Aint as dumb as people make me out to be ;)  Cue the music...

There are some folk, in my opinion, who are pretty much above criticism; firemen and banjo players. You just can't be sad listening to banjo music, and the folk that play them are to be credited and envied for their spirit.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »
Where you and I might disagree, though, is that I believe the greatest influence is more from corporate sources than from purely political ones; the power of the corporate lobby machine is vast, and largely invisible. Politicians get into office by pleasing us, but they stay in office by pleasing those with deep pockets.

How can you say we disagree as I've not told you my opinion on corporate and political influences?
Tony P. Crochet