Author Topic: Lookout VESPA  (Read 10068 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Lookout VESPA
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
BMW MOTORRAD just up'd the SCOOTER annie hehehehhehehe

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Xelvic

Re: Lookout VESPA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
Wow... that's the sexiest scooter I've ever seen!! Are they going to sell them in the U.S.?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
Wow... that's the sexiest scooter I've ever seen!! Are they going to sell them in the U.S.?

Indeed, they plan to dominate the US scooter market.  I like it too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
this was the concept of it 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 05:05:27 PM »
Looks like something out of a Lego kit....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
Looks like something out of a Lego kit....

Yeah but compared to a Vespa, I'd say beamer got it right =)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
Nope......because if I were to get a scooter, it would be or designed from a Vespa. I must the say the Burgmans are pretty bad ass scooters, of course they are dependable unlike I am sure this BMW will not be.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
Wow... 60HP!!

Conquer the city. Or get away from it. You have the choice: with the new BMW C 650 GT Maxi-Scooter you can put your plans into practice in supreme style.

The power of the harmoniously tuned engine with 44 kW (60 bhp) is especially advantageous over longer distances. Here and in many other situations you will appreciate the easy handling and exceptional comfort of the C 650 GT. In the city the C 650 GT gives you a whole new sense of freedom and independence. From the chassis to the striking design: this Maxi-Scooter reveals its exceptional character in every facet: What is more, it provides the biggest storage volume in its class along with excellent wind and weather protection.

The Maxi-Scooter puts in an impressive performance but still maintains a low level of fuel consumption. Clever details such as a parking brake integrated in the side stand, the electrically adjustable windshield and central locking will ensure you are fully convinced of the Maxi-Scooter's innovative power. The extensive range of options and accessories rounds off the overall image of this superior Maxi-Scooter.

The new BMW C 650 GT - reinventing freedom.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
Wow... 60HP!!

Conquer the city. Or get away from it. You have the choice: with the new BMW C 650 GT Maxi-Scooter you can put your plans into practice in supreme style.

The power of the harmoniously tuned engine with 44 kW (60 bhp) is especially advantageous over longer distances. Here and in many other situations you will appreciate the easy handling and exceptional comfort of the C 650 GT. In the city the C 650 GT gives you a whole new sense of freedom and independence. From the chassis to the striking design: this Maxi-Scooter reveals its exceptional character in every facet: What is more, it provides the biggest storage volume in its class along with excellent wind and weather protection.

The Maxi-Scooter puts in an impressive performance but still maintains a low level of fuel consumption. Clever details such as a parking brake integrated in the side stand, the electrically adjustable windshield and central locking will ensure you are fully convinced of the Maxi-Scooter's innovative power. The extensive range of options and accessories rounds off the overall image of this superior Maxi-Scooter.

The new BMW C 650 GT - reinventing freedom.

Yeah, 60 HP is MOVIN' it for a scoot  8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
Steve, you could almost buy that s1000rr you've always wanted. At at less $/hp. :)

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »
At some point, shouldn't these folks just buy a motorcycle?  I just don't get it.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »
I just read the specs on it and it will do 108 MPH and 0-60 in 7.5 seconds!! It also weighs 575 pounds!  :o  That's one heavy beeeyach for a scooter.  ???

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
I just read the specs on it and it will do 108 MPH and 0-60 in 7.5 seconds!! It also weighs 575 pounds!  :o  That's one heavy beeeyach for a scooter.  ???

yeah doubt it has an aluminum frame and such...its a scooter =)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »
At some point, shouldn't these folks just buy a motorcycle?  I just don't get it.

Neither do I.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
Yeah, 60 HP is MOVIN' it for a scoot  8)

LOL, 60HP is about what a full dresser Harley has at the crank!

=LJ=

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »

Scooters typically have automatic trans and you don't have to straddle the seat to ride. You get in and out of a scooter rather than on and off. The wind protection is better because the rider sits behind the front cowl with legs together (no knees in the wind). My buddies wife is much more comfortable on a scooter; she has issues with her hips and cannot straddle a seat without pain.

=LJ=

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
LOL, 60HP is about what a full dresser Harley has at the crank!

=LJ=

I'd take the scooter with those 2 options, and I absolutely hate scooters...  ;) 

Offline booger

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »
Indeed, they plan to dominate the US scooter market.  I like it too

Hmm.  Didn't realize there was a US scooter market......................

Offline booger

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »
Yeah but compared to a Vespa, I'd say beamer got it right =)

I dunno.  I think Vespa has had it right for the past 60 years or so.