Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34628 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Does anyone know if the C10 members can benefit from this?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Not unless they've done wheel swaps. 16 rear and 18 front I think.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Well, I guess they could buy a rear Angel in 190/50- 17, send the receipt into Pirelli and get a 120/70-17 for $25. Then in a couple of days, when the special runs out, sell those tires to the owner of a C-14 for, say $250, and use that money to buy a set of tires that fit a C-10. Or were you thinking of something more direct?

:rotflmao:

Brian

Does anyone know if the C10 members can benefit from this?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Spanky

My friend just ordered his. Claim ID 220. My guess is there are not very many left.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR

Offline B.D.F.

Sir, I take umbrage, nay, great umbrage! I am offended! Who do you think is in front of me? (twit#1)

:rotflmao:

As the story goes.... there was a physics test where one of the questions was- 'How would you use a barometer to tell how high a building is?' The interesting answer was 'I would find the superintendent of the building and offer to give him this very fine barometer if he would tell me how tall the building that he worked in was.' The other answers were all boring and involved using an elevator and making calculations.

Brian

Twit#2
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Pokey is numero uno as far as twits go, but I will say this in the strictest of confidences...you are a close second.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR

Offline B.D.F.

How can he be the No. 1 twit- he doesn't even OWN a C-14? I mean, Kirby I could understand being number 1 but Brian? ??? Does twitdom really outlast ownership?

;)

Dem Pirellis are going faster than alcohol kills brain cells.

Now the next phase beings- when will we hear from Pirelli and how long / what manner will delivery take. For some folks it won't matter as this is an extra set of tires but some may be waiting to change out some pretty thin tires. My rear should be here tomorrow (hey, I never said that before).

Brian

Pokey is numero uno as far as twits go, but I will say this in the strictest of confidences...you are a close second.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Promotion has ended..

Offline B.D.F.

Which promotion- the Pirelli one or #1 forum twit?

Brian

Promotion has ended..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Bucking for first place...eh?

Offline B.D.F.

Perhaps. I am already on one list.... wait, make that two lists.

;D

I am going to tell Pirelli I am in a big hurry for the tire so they should FAX it to me....

Brian

Bucking for first place...eh?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
I am the forum twit, y'all just need to accept that!!!!

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Well, we'll see how long that carrot lasts....I think it doesn't have any staying power at all.

Offline Conrad

I just received this from Pirelli...

Update on the Pirelli "Fly into Summer" Angel GT Promotion

Hello Conrad,

Thank you for participating in our Pirelli "Fly into Summer" Angel GT Promotion. We have had an overwhelming response to this promotion....the power of Social Media! We are thrilled. We will need your patience while we process these free tire claims which came in very quickly!

In response to many questions we have received, we wanted to clarify the process for everyone to understand. You can go to www.getpirelli.com and check the status of your claim at any time by logging in with your email address and password.

If you have received a Claim ID# - we have reserved a tire for you. Even though the promotion supply has been depleted.

After we receive and validate your Proof Of Purchase your status will be changed from "Submitted" to "POP-Valid". Note that orders are processed during normal business hours in the order they were received.

Once we have had a chance to process all the orders, you will receive an email with a store link and coupon code to claim your free front tire. Follow those instructions to claim your tire. You will need to provide credit card information for the $25 shipping fee.

Once you order your free front tire, you will then receive another email with the tracking information for your tire. Your status will be changed from POP-Valid to Shipped. Please allow 2-4 weeks for these orders to be processed.

Thank you again for your participation. The Pirelli Team.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

Yeah, got that one myself. It is quite clear that Pirelli did not expect this response and it is also clear what they credit (or blame) for that response- 'social media', which I think is.... us.  ;)

I do question the line 'We are thrilled' though- I think maybe it should include the words overwhelmed and dismayed. How does that old saying go- be careful what you wish for because you may get it? Looks like Pirelli 'got it'. I really do hope people go easy on them because it probably really is not their fault; when you put out an offer, there is just no way to know how it will be received. Notice that they time limited the offer for sometime in the fall- they could have time limited it to three days and it would not have made any difference. Because of the way this offer worked, requiring the purchase of a rear tire, I would expect US supplies of rear tires are exhausted as well. ??

Brian

I just received this from Pirelli...

<snip>

Thank you for participating in our Pirelli "Fly into Summer" Angel GT Promotion. We have had an overwhelming response to this promotion....the power of Social Media! We are thrilled. We will need your patience while we process these free tire claims which came in very quickly!

<snip>

Thank you again for your participation. The Pirelli Team.

Offline mntbiker-junkie

I'm thrilled.  I got mine at number 39.  It was amazing how fast it went this morning.  Within 2 hours, they were gone.

Offline B.D.F.

'That's what she Pirelli said.'

I'm thrilled.  I got mine at number 39.  It was amazing how fast it went this morning.  Within 2 hours, they were gone.