Author Topic: Brand New $30 TPMS Sensors on EBay  (Read 17933 times)

Offline chap

Re: Brand New $30 TPMS Sensors on EBay
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »
These are pics of the cover on my 2010 TPS. It has the ID printed on it. This is the old style sensor which I changed the batteries in.

Also when checking the sensors. I did as Brian had suggested with a piece of string. The only caution is that the sensor has to rotate in the same axis as if it were in the wheel. The sensor only senses direction in one plane. They both came up with 0 PSI as expected. Hope this helps
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
So I have a bad TPS on my 08 and two good ones on my 09 which is out of commission. Am I reading this thread correctly that the KDS 3 machine can read the code needed for programming and/or that one of the numbers on the case sticker is the code? Do we have a consensus which of the numbers?
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
No, the software (KDS) cannot read the numbers; you must type the numbers into the software to have the bike recognize the sensor.

The sensor has the correct number on both the outside as well as the inside of each sensor; should the outside label get dirty or fall off, open the sensor and read the number off the label that is attached to the circuit board itself.

No, no consensus on exactly which number it is. Even worse, no one seems to know (I would take actual knowledge over a consensus anytime.... ). But there are only four numbers in total, so how long could it take to figure out which one is correct?  ;) ;D

Brian

So I have a bad TPS on my 08 and two good ones on my 09 which is out of commission. Am I reading this thread correctly that the KDS 3 machine can read the code needed for programming and/or that one of the numbers on the case sticker is the code? Do we have a consensus which of the numbers?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 03:29:44 PM »
No, the software (KDS) cannot read the numbers; you must type the numbers into the software to have the bike recognize the sensor.

The sensor has the correct number on both the outside as well as the inside of each sensor; should the outside label get dirty or fall off, open the sensor and read the number off the label that is attached to the circuit board itself.

No, no consensus on exactly which number it is. Even worse, no one seems to know (I would take actual knowledge over a consensus anytime.... ). But there are only four numbers in total, so how long could it take to figure out which one is correct?  ;) ;D

Brian

I don't always get the answer I want but I always get a chuckle.  :finger_fing11:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »
I don't always get the answer I want but I always get a chuckle.  :finger_fing11:

LOL
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »
Nobody ever gets the answer he / she wants. I went to the eye doctor Wednesday, expecting an new close- vision script [that I had no intention of buying..... again] and was diagnosed with macular degeneration. Hmmmmmm. No treatment, no confirmed, known causes, although smoking is highly suspect. Well, I quit smoking somewhere around 2009 or so and have decided to quit smoking yet again. If the situation does not stabilize, I will quit yet a third time! No holds barred in the fight against blindness!!! Also, had fish and chips tonight, a suspected helpful dietary supplement for th condition.

All in good humor- I do not expect to go blind. Do not let that act where I put my hands out at 'breast height' to meet new people fool you; I am grading the quality / quantity of the implants I may run into.

ROFLMAO

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2017, 06:33:49 AM »
Nobody ever gets the answer he / she wants. I went to the eye doctor Wednesday, expecting an new close- vision script [that I had no intention of buying..... again] and was diagnosed with macular degeneration. Hmmmmmm. No treatment, no confirmed, known causes, although smoking is highly suspect. Well, I quit smoking somewhere around 2009 or so and have decided to quit smoking yet again. If the situation does not stabilize, I will quit yet a third time! No holds barred in the fight against blindness!!! Also, had fish and chips tonight, a suspected helpful dietary supplement for th condition.

All in good humor- I do not expect to go blind. Do not let that act where I put my hands out at 'breast height' to meet new people fool you; I am grading the quality / quantity of the implants I may run into.

ROFLMAO

Brian
Best of luck with the AMD and the implant grading as well.  ;)