Author Topic: mount on which side?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline gtr a14

mount on which side?
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
had a few hours spare so washed and polished bike. Then rememberd i had a ram mount cover for my garmin satnav so got  it on bike, what side would be best? i have on right but can go on left as its hardwired.
I have mobile phone mount on ignition cover. :)

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: mount on which side?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
normally  those devices go on the left  side so you can touch and control it with the left hand while controlling the throttle  and brake with the right hand.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
Lol, never thought of that  :-[  i also have a ram mount cup holder to fit sometime so guess i will just swap them round. Thanks

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:30:44 AM »
normally  those devices go on the left  side so you can touch and control it with the left hand while controlling the throttle  and brake with the right hand.

That is how I mount my GPS and have my radar detector on the right since I don't need to touch the RD
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 03:21:55 AM »
The ram website shows a satnav fitted on the right which threw me initialy but i noticed they had a cupmount fitted on left side, will put sat nav on left though.  :)