The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > The Bike - C14/GTR 1400

Nasty Snatch

<< < (2/16) > >>

Freddy:
..........built in 07 but advertised 2008MY (model year) down here - everything's a year older than what the salesperson says.   :o

But all this is :offtopic:

BruceR:
I saw the title and thought this was a post about my ex wife?!?!

As was mentioned earlier I'd check throttle cables as the first/easiest/cheapest fix.

VirginiaJim:
Location is Uk and they do refer to the bike as an 07 at times.  Keep calm, and carry on.

As for the OP, throttle tamers do help.  It helped me for sure.  Also make sure that there is the correct amount of free play in the throttle as well.

maxtog:

--- Quote from: Freddy on December 07, 2019, 05:18:22 PM ---..........built in 07 but advertised 2008MY (model year) down here - everything's a year older than what the salesperson says.   :o
--- End quote ---

Everything with vehicles is communicated by model year, not when it was actually made or purchased.  The annoying thing is the release of the next "model year" earlier and earlier, as if consumers are that stupid.  Kawasaki is pretty consistent, though (sticking pretty close to Sept/Oct).

There is nothing correct about calling a 2008 Concours a "2007."  Huge and minor changes in model year versions will cause major confusion with what was actually purchased (and what features it has, what specs, what parts).   If there is ever any question, the VIN puts it to rest (since the model year is encoded in it).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number#Vehicle_identifier_section

So while it might be OK to say "I bought it in 2007" when referring to a 2008, it is not correct to say "I have a 2007" or "My 2007" (as the OP did; regardless of where).  There are times semantics matter a lot.

Pillow:
Hi all

Thank you all so much for your replies.  Very informative.  I think as much as anything, I wondered if my bike had the flies- I am planning on a full service in Spring, but can't take the bike off the road as it's my 'daily drive'.

My bike is registered on 1st August 2007 and I'm in England

The title was intentional :)

I've adjusted the cables and idle speed.  Have stuff to do, so wont test it until my commute tomorrow, but I think it will make a big difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version