Author Topic: Craigslist gamble for a cell phone  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Craigslist gamble for a cell phone
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:05:34 AM »
I made a gamble on a craigslist find yesterday. I bought a non-functional, brand new Motorola Electrify. Paid $100 after a trip to STL and it works after messing around with it for about three hours! Sweet! A $600 phone and I can replace my garbage HTC. Looks like I had some good Karma saved up.  I will never own another HTC, the Merge has been nothing but a  headache.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Craigslist gamble for a cell phone
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:20 AM »
What was wrong with it?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
It just cycled between the Motorola (red dot) and US Cellular startup.  I messed around with it until I could do a factory reset and it works perfect now.  I just need to call US Cellular and have them do an over the air phone setup.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:37:10 AM »
Looks like I had some good Karma saved up.
That's a different Motorola model.   ;D  My daughter had one of those.

I will never own another HTC, the Merge has been nothing but a  headache.
What have been your complaints?  My last few phones have been HTCs, and for the most part, I really liked them.  (The Windows 6 OS being the biggest complaint on one of them, but that wasn't the phone's fault)

I currently have an Inspire, which is great, especially after I rooted it and got rid of AT&T's crap.  But it was a decent phone even with the AT&T firmware.  Now running RunnyDrOiD 3.0.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »
That's a different Motorola model.   ;D  My daughter had one of those.
What have been your complaints?  My last few phones have been HTCs, and for the most part, I really liked them.  (The Windows 6 OS being the biggest complaint on one of them, but that wasn't the phone's fault)

I currently have an Inspire, which is great, especially after I rooted it and got rid of AT&T's crap.  But it was a decent phone even with the AT&T firmware.  Now running RunnyDrOiD 3.0.

It locked up all the time and started turning off and I would have to take the battery out to restart it.  US Cellular is sending me the third Merge and I am just sick of re loading all my info and apps to fix a phone that has horrible reception.  My Motorola is awesome......so far.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:39:47 PM »
I've had some excellent luck with Motorola in the past.  But sometimes they put out crap as well.  (I had a crap Motorola right after my really good one)  I think with how quickly technology moves, it's likely that all companies have had their dogs.  (Yes, even Apple)

As far as Motorola, I really like their Atrix 2.  The "laptop" add-on screen/keyboard is really awesome.  I hope some other manufacturers (Yes, I'm talking to you, HTC!) come out with something similar.  Looks like it would be an excellent compromise for motorcycle trips.

My HTC Inspire has done boot loops, but that's only been after a bad ROM flash.  Which can be attributed solely to the nerd that owns it.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157