Author Topic: Truisms  (Read 4545 times)

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
Truisms
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
1)    If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

2)    I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind you.

3)    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool,
       so I gave him a glass of water.

4)    I changed my password to "incorrect" so whenever I forget it the computer will say, "Your password is incorrect."

5)    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

6)    I'm great at multi-tasking--I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once.

7)    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

8)    Never tell your problems to anyone, because 20 percent don't care and the other 80 percent are glad you have them.

9)    Doesn't expecting the unexpected mean that the unexpected is actually expected?

10)  Take my advice, I'm not using it.

11)  I hate it when people use big words just to make themselves sound perspicacious.

12)  Hospitality is the art of making guests feel like they're at home when you wish they were.

13)  Television may insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.

14)  Every time someone comes up with a foolproof solution, along comes a more-talented fool.

15)  Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.

16)  If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants.

17)  A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

18)  Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

19)  When I married Ms. Right, I had no idea her first name was Always.”

20)  My wife got 8 out 10 on her driver's test--the other two guys managed to jump out of her way.

21)  There may be no excuse for laziness, but I'm still looking.

22)  Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

23)  Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

24)  He who laughs last thinks slowest.

25)  Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?

26)  Women sometimes make fools of men, but most guys are the do-it-yourself type.

27)  I was going to give him a nasty look, but he already had one.

28)  Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

29)  The grass may be greener on the other side but at least you don't have to mow it.

30)  I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

31)  I was going to wear my camouflage shirt today, but I couldn't find it.

32)  If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

33)  Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let her sleep.

34)  If tomatoes are technically a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?

35)  Money is the root of all wealth.

36)  No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Truisms
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
 :rotflmao: Good stuff! I especially like #1.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:22:09 AM »
I'd laugh but too many of those describe my life.  :-\
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »
 :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »
Regarding 28)  Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine:

This is true, not a joke, just happened to me Saturday night: My McDonalds meal came to $6.99. I gave the girl $7 cash, and with the drawer still open and all the coins in the drawer in plain sight, she asked me if I want my penny back.

Also not a joke, just yesterday at lunch: My meal at Moe's came to $6.40. I gave the girl a $20 and two $1's to avoid getting $1's back. She typed into the register $7.00 while still holding the $22.00, and immediately realized it ... So she freaked out, called a manager over and explained the very complicated situation to her. Neither one could figure out how much change I should get back!

Since she had already entered $7.00 in the register and hit enter, the coin dispenser had already given me the 40 cents, so all good there ... but they could not figure out the difference between $22 and $7!!!

I kept saying "$15" ... "It's 15" ... "It's just $15 ... I was trying to avoid $1's" ... "22 minus 7 = 15"

They acted like they couldn't hear me, or maybe didn't believe me ... or didn't trust me, not sure. So the manager grabs and piece of paper and pen and says to the cashier, "When that happens, that's why we keep paper and a pen nearby."  :-\ ... and she starts to write the numbers, but it's taking too long cuz it was the lunch rush.

So she went and got a calculator. I wanna use :rotflmao: ... but it's actually sad. So  :(

The manager, man ... the manager.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »
Regarding 28)  Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine:

This is true, not a joke, just happened to me Saturday night: My McDonalds meal came to $6.99. I gave the girl $7 cash, and with the drawer still open and all the coins in the drawer in plain sight, she asked me if I want my penny back.

Also not a joke, just yesterday at lunch: My meal at Moe's came to $6.40. I gave the girl a $20 and two $1's to avoid getting $1's back. She typed into the register $7.00 while still holding the $22.00, and immediately realized it ... So she freaked out, called a manager over and explained the very complicated situation to her. Neither one could figure out how much change I should get back!

Since she had already entered $7.00 in the register and hit enter, the coin dispenser had already given me the 40 cents, so all good there ... but they could not figure out the difference between $22 and $7!!!

I kept saying "$15" ... "It's 15" ... "It's just $15 ... I was trying to avoid $1's" ... "22 minus 7 = 15"

They acted like they couldn't hear me, or maybe didn't believe me ... or didn't trust me, not sure. So the manager grabs and piece of paper and pen and says to the cashier, "When that happens, that's why we keep paper and a pen nearby."  :-\ ... and she starts to write the numbers, but it's taking too long cuz it was the lunch rush.

So she went and got a calculator. I wanna use :rotflmao: ... but it's actually sad. So  :(

The manager, man ... the manager.

You were expecting that manager to be as smart as a vending machine. Your expecting too much.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 08:23:54 PM »
Nearly every time I've tried to be helpful in a checkout line has ended with me wishing I never should have done it..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »
Sigh. Seen it more and more and more as time goes on. Not wanting to see the sword brandished, I'll just leave it at that. :-\
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:52 AM »
Hand them a toonie ($2 coin in Canada and a nickel for a $1.80 purchase, hoping to  avoid any more coin than necessary(we no longer have $1 or $2 paper money up here - the amount of coin you carry sometimes gets ridiculous) - but I get back the nickel I gave them, and two dimes... after being told I gave them too much, accompanied with the eye-roll reserved for customers that cannot count...

I know it's not important, change was actually correct, even if it wasn't in the denominations I wanted to get, but it just demonstrates the lack of basic math skills...
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
Hand them a toonie ($2 coin in Canada and a nickel for a $1.80 purchase, hoping to  avoid any more coin than necessary(we no longer have $1 or $2 paper money up here - the amount of coin you carry sometimes gets ridiculous) - but I get back the nickel I gave them, and two dimes... after being told I gave them too much, accompanied with the eye-roll reserved for customers that cannot count...

I know it's not important, change was actually correct, even if it wasn't in the denominations I wanted to get, but it just demonstrates the lack of basic math skills...

You coulda said "Oh, hey, can a get a quarter for these 2 dimes and nickel?"

But then you'd be dragging out your interaction with the idiot.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
You can't fix stupid.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 07:28:10 AM »
You coulda said "Oh, hey, can a get a quarter for these 2 dimes and nickel?"
But then you'd be dragging out your interaction with the idiot.

I was so annoyed by the eye-roll and being told I gave them too much, that I thought it'd be better all around just to drive away...   ::)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
Back in the day....

Minnesota enacted a 4% sales tax. Pre 'electronic cash registers', the state issued a small laminated 'cheat sheet' to calculate the tax. My purchase was $1.97, I'd hand the clerk $2.05 as they were looking up the tax amount to add off the card. Often I was asked if I could read upside down.... I just couldn't explain how I arrived at the total amount :-/

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »
"I've always been kind of a math whiz."