Author Topic: Trade C-10 for Voyager XII  (Read 2005 times)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Trade C-10 for Voyager XII
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
Starting to think along this direction...I have an '88 C-10...48k...wondering if anybody has a Voyager XII...or a friend with one...wanting to trade...would prefer '88 or newer...just throwing it out there...

You can contact me through this forum...or itseemssoeasy at yahoo dot com...

Thanks!
'02 C-10

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Trade C-10 for Voyager XII
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
Heads up - while the voyager is a great workhorse touring bike and tough as nails, most of what's out there is in really lousy condition. I've owned 3, and have worked on a number of them. The  problem is that most owners think if the paint is nice t's a nice bike. Not true - and the voyager crowd is particularly bad about ignoring even the most basic maintenance. HTH, Steve

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »
Heads up - while the voyager is a great workhorse touring bike and tough as nails, most of what's out there is in really lousy condition. I've owned 3, and have worked on a number of them. The  problem is that most owners think if the paint is nice t's a nice bike. Not true - and the voyager crowd is particularly bad about ignoring even the most basic maintenance. HTH, Steve

Wow...really?
'02 C-10

Offline booger

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »

Huh?  I think that's about standard for any motorcycle crowd.

Some people take care of their bikes.  And some don't.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »
What I've seen on the voyagers was really stand - out. When the cheap-a$$ owners do try to fix thier bikes, they do it with household stuff- like my first voyager, that had the radio set in place by filling the entire front fairing with that expandable insulation foam. TRUE!. Hey I'm just telling you what I've seen, that's all. If you want to see my voyager, click on my website in my sig line and then click the photo gallery. The voyager is near the end. BTW, this bike had 18,000 original miles when I bought it, but it took me several months of working on it before I'd ride it anywhere. And ALL the damage I had to repair was due to the PO's workmanship that he considered "repairs". Steve

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »
OK...moment over...what was in that kool-aid?  My SO has explained to me how much she LIKES our Connie...sooooo...never mind!
'02 C-10