Author Topic: First Ford Pictures  (Read 9916 times)

Offline rush2112

• Arena
Re: First Ford Pictures
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »
Here's my first Ford. A 1966 Mustang, straight-6, with console and factory air. This was back in the early 80's. Loved that car!

Had many other Ford's since then, actually never owned anything but Fords. But I always dreamed of having a white Shelby. So, since I can't afford a classic Shelby, I picked up this 2012 about 6 months ago. Found the exact one, color and options that I wanted in Martin, Tennessee (I live in Houston). Flew up, pulled her out of the showroom, and hauled a$$, literally, back to Houston! 5.4L supercharged, with 550HP. Also has the glass roof. The color combo is perfect for me since I'm ate-up with Alabama football, Roll Tide!

No tickets yet, but man, can I go through some gas!!!!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:08 PM »

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
550 HP...  Me gusta!  It should put your eyes in the back of your head.

Anyone heard about the 2013 GT500?
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
550 HP...  Me gusta!  It should put your eyes in the back of your head.

Anyone heard about the 2013 GT500?

It will definitly git down the road!! I'm truly amazed at the handling as well. Can't wait to get it on a track somewhere!

Yeah, the 2013 news was announced after I bought this one. It will produce 650HP with 600lb of torque! I can't imagine that kind of increase in a Mustang knowing how gutsy mine is! The problem with these cars is hooking up! Getting a grip on take-off is a problem. Rumor is that the 2014 will have an independent rear suspension. This will help. Suppose to be a body design change too on 2014,
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
That's a VERY nice car Rush!     :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
I thought for sure your car would be a red barchetta!  ::)
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
It will definitly git down the road!! I'm truly amazed at the handling as well. Can't wait to get it on a track somewhere!

Yeah, the 2013 news was announced after I bought this one. It will produce 650HP with 600lb of torque! I can't imagine that kind of increase in a Mustang knowing how gutsy mine is! The problem with these cars is hooking up! Getting a grip on take-off is a problem. Rumor is that the 2014 will have an independent rear suspension. This will help. Suppose to be a body design change too on 2014,

Yeah, for their 50th anniversary model.  Don't get me wrong, 550 horsepower is plenty.  I really see (almost) no use to be pushing 100 more horsepower than the last model.  Your Mustang already has about the same amount of horsepower as a 458 Italia for less than half the price.  That's why I love Ford.  And when I heard 650 horsepower for 2013 my brain exploded.

That's is a pretty awesome car, if I had the cash for one of those or anything else for the same price, I'd get that thing in a heartbeat.  It's a beaut! 
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
I thought for sure your car would be a red barchetta!  ::)

My uncle keeps the Barchetta at his country place, that no one knows about. It use to be a farm before the motor law!!!
 :hail: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
My uncle keeps the Barchetta at his country place, that no one knows about. It use to be a farm before the motor law!!!
 :hail: :chugbeer:

I hope you have some seafoam in the tank and a tender on that battery, that car has been sitting there a LONG time!   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn