Author Topic: Danny MacAskill  (Read 3000 times)

Offline MiniCog

Danny MacAskill
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
Danny MacAskill - "Way Back Home"

Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions

I've been watching this guys videos lately, and since I'm a mountain biker, I thought I'd share.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Danny MacAskill
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »
Nice!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:41:56 AM »
Ya this guy is simply amazing!
Tori '01

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
People agree!!!!

:) :) :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
Wonder what happened to his seat :yikes:

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
It's sunk way down.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:37 PM »
It's sunk way down.
Or waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up!

Back to reality, I wold hate to be him when he hits 40, his joints are going to be shot, something to think on, what is fun and cool when you're young aint worth the pain once age catches up to you.  Things just dont quit hurting near as quick, trust me on this one, some pains never leave. 

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »
Or waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up!

Back to reality, I wold hate to be him when he hits 40, his joints are going to be shot, something to think on, what is fun and cool when you're young aint worth the pain once age catches up to you.  Things just dont quit hurting near as quick, trust me on this one, some pains never leave.

Yes, but what a shame to spend 25 years pampering your body only to get T-Boned by an un-insured crack whore running a red light in a Ford Explorer.  Just sayin', it happens.

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »
That is true, but Motorcycles are kind of the same way.  Ricky Carmichael hung up his boots at the ripe old age of 27, I think he could have gone on.  Maybe he could have pulled a K-dub by only racing Motocross or Supercross?

It all depends on how well his joints hold up and I'm sure he's got a dietitian and physician working just for that purpose.  Certain minerals will make joints last longer, and I'm sure he's eating foods with a LOT of those minerals.

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »
Yes, but what a shame to spend 25 years pampering your body only to get T-Boned by an un-insured crack whore running a red light in a Ford Explorer.  Just sayin', it happens.

I have to agree, you never know when it will happen.  Which is why I ride motorcycles, they're the best thing I can figure out to do with my time on this Earth.  It's something I can always get better at and will (hopefully) never have to stop doing.  It's the best way to kill some time or just have some time by myself.  It's wonderful.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:43:31 AM »
I wold hate to be him when he hits 40, his joints are going to be shot, something to think on, what is fun and cool when you're young aint worth the pain once age catches up to you.  Things just dont quit hurting near as quick, trust me on this one, some pains never leave.

Pappy, not so sure I agree. I'm a runner and mx racer. Still at both after 40+ years and there are guys I race with older than me. A little beer and maybe an Aleve afterwards, and good to go.  ;D  I lined up against Darrel Schultz, former Honda factory rider not that long ago and he's in his 50s.

I never did buy into this "aging" theory.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »

I never did buy into this "aging" theory.

Neither did I!  Some do handle it better then others, but the things Danny is doing?  I dont see him walking like a normal guy by the time he's 40.  20+ Army years (kinda like dog years) and my back and neck are shot, knees aint to far behind.  No regrets whatsoever, biggest differance is I tend to do physical things slower and smarter.  I aint afraid to say, "hey, would you get the other end" when I'm lifting something heavy.  I still ride the snot out of my YZ450F, the KLR has already seen some awesome country never seen when on 4 wheels, and I'd rather ride my 14 at 130 then drive my truck at 60.  I've lived a full life filled with adventure and to this day continue to plan for more.  This weekend I'll be in a stand, bow in hand, afternoons will be spent on the KLR looking for that perfect picture.  I'll also be clearing the way for my power line and cutting up a couple cords of wood.  It will hurt, but life is all about living, not whining.

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »
I showed one of these videos to a mountain biker who I work with.  He also used to be a photographer in the air force.  He was suspicious of the video quality, seemed to think it might be edited.  He did not dispute that DM has the moves, just that he thinks maybe the moves were edited into the video.

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 10:01:37 AM »
I showed one of these videos to a mountain biker who I work with.  He also used to be a photographer in the air force.  He was suspicious of the video quality, seemed to think it might be edited.  He did not dispute that DM has the moves, just that he thinks maybe the moves were edited into the video.

They had multiple cameras, but they were all shot at the same places (as in the "Industrial revolutions one was all at the steel places). 

They have other clips where it's all one camera, I know what parts you're talking about, where it clearly shows that he isn't stopping and going again or something like that.

Nevertheless, he's still awesome.  The railroad tracks stuff BLOWS MY MIND.