Author Topic: upper fairing  (Read 1875 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
upper fairing
« on: August 31, 2011, 06:20:13 AM »
So how much work am I looking at to remove the upper fairing on my 02?
I have darn near every other piece of plastic off cleaning and detailing.  Long weekend coming up, just thought I would get adventurous.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: upper fairing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:17 AM »
probably a couple hours off and back on. I need to put in my Murph dual headlight kit, been waiting for the sweltering heat to subside, so I'm doing my fairing soon, too - Steve

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Have an assistant available so you don't risk scratching that paint job.  Have a nice place to hang it if possible.  Rope wrapped in a rag (or sock) and a hook from the ceiling works great.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline redzgrider

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
I've pulled mine several times in the last decade. If you already have the lowers off, I'd say it adds less than an hour to the job to pull the upper off -- just not that many screws or wires. As I recall, there are only two or perhaps three electrical disconnects. It doesn't weigh very much, maybe 20 lb.s I believe you do have to pull the windshield seperatly to get to one of the mount fasteners.