Author Topic: Hanging it up  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Hanging it up
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 05:04:01 AM »
Looked at them this afternoon.  Doggone, the one I wanted was $31,650.  Didn't realize they were that expensive.  Drove one of the smaller ones.  I think I have lost too much muscle mass and heart function to fee comfortable with it.

$31k!?!?!?!   :o

Damn, they're proud of that thing ain't they? Maybe that's the model that also sprouts wings and flies?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
 :censored: ridiculous!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Well, I have a 2012 Mustang convertible.  Pretty poor substitute for a motorcycle or trike.

Want to sell it, then?  I can get the outside enjoyment without worrying about weather conditions of any sort.  I don't have to wear gear and a helmet and I have the one hair left on my head in the breeze with my wife next to me.  I don't get it.  What's not to like?  Eventually we're all gonna come to the point where a bike just isn't going to work for us.  I just don't see the point on continuing on riding out in the weather on a glorified tricycle if I can't ride two wheels.  I guess I'm just  :nuts: .
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline booger

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
Want to sell it, then?  I can get the outside enjoyment without worrying about weather conditions of any sort.  I don't have to wear gear and a helmet and I have the one hair left on my head in the breeze with my wife next to me.  I don't get it.  What's not to like?  Eventually we're all gonna come to the point where a bike just isn't going to work for us.  I just don't see the point on continuing on riding out in the weather on a glorified tricycle if I can't ride two wheels.  I guess I'm just  :nuts: .

Nope, not for sale.  Third new Mustang I have bought since the new bodystyle in 2006.  I put a few farkles on them to make me feel better, probaby not go faster.  Not as much fun as 2 wheels.  I really don't know about the trikes.  Riding in rain never really bothered me on a bike.  But in a $40K car you have to put the top up to protect the leather, carpet, instrumentation, etc.  I really consider it a bigger pain in the butt.  Other option is go really fast until it stops raining.

Traded the C-14 in this afternoon.  Got a Honda CRF50 F for the grandson, with training wheels, And  cash.  I will find me something to do until  I get built back up to ride again. :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »

Traded the C-14 in this afternoon.  Got a Honda CRF50 F for the grandson, with training wheels, And  cash.  I will find me something to do until  I get built back up to ride again. :)

Sounds like someone scored some HUGE grandpa points!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline booger

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 06:15:34 AM »
Sounds like someone scored some HUGE grandpa points!

Conrad, I did good with the grandson.  But his Mom and Grandma sure are pissed.  Something about I should have consulted them.  Well heck, I didn't on his 4 wheeler.  Or his guns.  I didn't know it was necessary on a little ol' motorcycle. :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »
Conrad, I did good with the grandson.  But his Mom and Grandma sure are pissed.  Something about I should have consulted them.  Well heck, I didn't on his 4 wheeler.  Or his guns.  I didn't know it was necessary on a little ol' motorcycle. :o

So it's the dog house for you eh Booger? Tell 'em to just look at the smile on the boy's face, that should help somewhat.  :)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »
Sorry to hear this news. For grins, look into the Ural sidecar rig, third of the price of the adult bigwheel, and probably a lot lighter. Good luck though, just because you may have to sell your bike doesn't mean you leave here. Once in, never out.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline booger

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
Sorry to hear this news. For grins, look into the Ural sidecar rig, third of the price of the adult bigwheel, and probably a lot lighter. Good luck though, just because you may have to sell your bike doesn't mean you leave here. Once in, never out.

Strawboss, I just missed out on a new 2012 Patrol hold over w/ $3k rebate.  I could kick my butt.  Wife has been put on notice that if I can get my heart function up a little there will be some kind of 3 wheeler in the garage within 6 month.

Nope, don't plan on leaving the forum.  I have really enjoyed the folks here.

Brown