Author Topic: Just Installed and Tested Rostra Cruise  (Read 10009 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Just Installed and Tested Rostra Cruise
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this mod.  I had one on my C-14, which I sold, and loved it.  I took it off the bike and I've been trying to sell it, with minimal interest, including a couple of listings on ebay.

I would probably have bought it already if someone offered a decent control panel/switch/control system for it.  For now, I am still thinking about it.  It isn't quite plug-and-play enough, and the controller is far from ideal from both an aesthetic and functional standpoint.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
I would probably have bought it already if someone offered a decent control panel/switch/control system for it.  For now, I am still thinking about it.  It isn't quite plug-and-play enough, and the controller is far from ideal from both an aesthetic and functional standpoint.

That's my biggest reservation.  The thumb control on the Beemer was extremely easy to use and didn't require you to look at the controller or feel around for the right buttons to push.  People that have the Rostra on the C14 seem to be happy with them so I guess it works okay.

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Has anyone done a detailed install tread? I cant find it with the search. Have Cruise on my FJR and with like to install it on my new !4. Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff

Offline jayke

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »
It's not on the forum but over at Murphs:

Rostra:  http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/Rostra%20install.htm

Audiovox (what you probally have on your FJR):
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/c14cc-install.htm
Shameless plug for the Audiovox......I wrote these instructions

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »
Thanks I do have to vacuum version on the FJR and woullike the rostra if it is doable...
Jeff

Offline Patrick1

• Shiny bikes get better mileage...
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
Hello all,  I'm a new member to this forum and just parked a 2008 Concours in the garage - in show room condition 9100 miles. Since I'm 63 my wife just smiled and fixed dinner!
I read " 4cedars"  thread on his installation of the Rostra cruise unit and he referred to: Brian (BDF) for the initial install directions. Can anyone
lead me to those directions. I have done alot of "stuff" with motorcycles since my first at 17.   Thanks for your help
Head out on the hiway....lookin for adventure and what ever comes ma way...

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »
Nice, congrats! What was for dinner Patrick?  :)

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »
Someone already posted the address of the instructions at Murph's so you should be all set. Just watch the instructions themselves- I know the guy who wrote them and he has his good days..... and not so good days. You should see the kitchen..... he went in to replace a light bulb and now there is no floor, no ceiling and the walls are not long for this world......

Best of luck with your cruise control installation.

Kirby

Hello all,  I'm a new member to this forum and just parked a 2008 Concours in the garage - in show room condition 9100 miles. Since I'm 63 my wife just smiled and fixed dinner!
I read " 4cedars"  thread on his installation of the Rostra cruise unit and he referred to: Brian (BDF) for the initial install directions. Can anyone
lead me to those directions. I have done alot of "stuff" with motorcycles since my first at 17.   Thanks for your help
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline Patrick1

• Shiny bikes get better mileage...
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 09:49:40 PM »
ZG: dinner was a frozen hotdog and a burned bun...not really. Her brother in Firenze, Italy rides a new K1600 BMW
so I'm safe.
Thanks for the link to Murph's Kits DonB; after I get it installed my next farkle is the Flyectomy and PCV. Which brings a
question--- everyone refers to PCV and when searched I only find PC III.  5 and 3 don't add up; which is it?? or am
I in need of a link???
3rd ly is the header and muffler change.... 
My middle initial is F  as in farkle!!

Head out on the hiway....lookin for adventure and what ever comes ma way...

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS