Author Topic: New kind of C14 Risers - More pullback than standard ones  (Read 15101 times)

Offline Damn Potholes

• AdvancedSportTouring.com
    • Advanced Sport Touring
Re: New kind of C14 Risers - More pullback than standard ones
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »
Do you think think that phils wedges would work with these risers? I've really like the change in the angle but still want to be back further than with the murphs risers.

Phils / Murphs Wedges will work with my pullback risers giving an extra 1/2" of offset / pullback towards the rider for a total of 2 inches of offset / pullback.  In the pictures you notice that the clutch line is nearly tight, still has a little slack in it even when the lever is pulled.  The brake side has slightly more slack than the clutch side.  I can turn the bars from stop to stop without binding.  It will require a couple different bolts which I will supply.  I'll add an option for the bolts on the webpage today.

My parts are forged with voodoo curses and unicorn tears.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
Phils / Murphs Wedges will work with my pullback risers giving an extra 1/2" of offset / pullback towards the rider for a total of 2 inches of offset / pullback.  In the pictures you notice that the clutch line is nearly tight, still has a little slack in it even when the lever is pulled.  The brake side has slightly more slack than the clutch side.  I can turn the bars from stop to stop without binding.  It will require a couple different bolts which I will supply.  I'll add an option for the bolts on the webpage today.
If possible could you take a photo from a little further away showing the pullback with the wedges?  Maybe from the side.  Thanks

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
I assumed that chronological common sense could be applied, I do use the quote function if I am referring to a response that is not directly above my reply.  Sorry for the confusion.   I see your point and have no interest in a pointless pissing contest over something simple.  :thumbs:

Agreed.  Especially since my original post was not meant to be negative.  Dry text can look that way sometimes, though.  Sorry.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »

Oh, I hate you!  Now I want to just throw away my Heli's and get yours, instead  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
Just a suggestion, as you have spent some time and money here to develope those;
I see that you have created compound angles at the sides of the mount, to allow them to clear the top of the fork caps, might want to consider early on (i.e. now) creating some more "relief" in that area (possibly like a cylindrical recess/cut out/counterbore) to allow those that have the need to lower the front end, the capacity to do so (dropping the trees on the fork tubes and exposing 1/2"-3/4" of the top).
Even though I don't need this option, many here have lowered the suspension, and I have seen broken hadlebars because the did so without realizing the forks were jammed against the bars, flexing them and placing undue stress on them. The current config of your design does not allow for "lowering" the front of the bike. ;)

nice looking machine work though.
 :thumbs:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
Just a suggestion, as you have spent some time and money here to develope those;
I see that you have created compound angles at the sides of the mount, to allow them to clear the top of the fork caps, might want to consider early on (i.e. now) creating some more "relief" in that area (possibly like a cylindrical recess/cut out/counterbore) to allow those that have the need to lower the front end, the capacity to do so (dropping the trees on the fork tubes and exposing 1/2"-3/4" of the top).
Even though I don't need this option, many here have lowered the suspension, and I have seen broken hadlebars because the did so without realizing the forks were jammed against the bars, flexing them and placing undue stress on them. The current config of your design does not allow for "lowering" the front of the bike. ;) 

Oooh, that is an extremely good observation.  I had to lower MY bike...

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
This took a considerable amount of effort to create.  I hope this gives a good representation of what they can do.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »
Nice looking product and great thread DP! 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
This took a considerable amount of effort to create.  I hope this gives a good representation of what they can do. 

Kewl- that does look like it was a LOT of work.  Plus you used the best Concours- the silver 2011 :)   Also looks like you kept the bike and camera exactly the same (tripod)- great idea.  Did you do all that today???  I would suggest you state the arm length too, since that is not a direct proportion to height.  Not sure how one measures that... armpit to fingertips?  Those pictures would look quite different if I were sitting on there :O

Plus, I am interested for you to address MAN OF BLUES' comment about the fork tubes...

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »
Kewl- that does look like it was a LOT of work.  Plus you used the best Concours- the silver 2011 :)   Also looks like you kept the bike and camera exactly the same (tripod)- great idea.  Did you do all that today???  I would suggest you state the arm length too, since that is not a direct proportion to height.  Not sure how one measures that... armpit to fingertips?  Those pictures would look quite different if I were sitting on there :O

Plus, I am interested for you to address MAN OF BLUES' comment about the fork tubes...

Yep, all in one day.  I gave up Sunday.  I used a tripod with the camera set on a timer.  My dog just doesn't have the opposable thumbs to work the camera.  As for "Man of Blues", he's correct, the 1st generation of Pullback Risers won't allow for lowering the front end...there will be a version 2 which will accomodate this modification.  I'll just need to remove a bit more material.  It's hard to plan for every possible modification but I'll make it happen.  I work with some pretty awesome people.  Looks like I'm heading back to the CAD shop but for everyone else, no problem.  If someone buys the first generation and later decides to lower their bike, I will swap out 1st Gen for 2nd Gen risers at no cost.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

OUTSTANDING PHOTOS!

Maybe someone more proficient can help but these look like the required parts for the conversion, $121.24 with the discount and free shipping.   The brackets do not bolt up to the body panels in the same location so that appears to be the only obstacle requiring some light fab work.  I look forward to your findings when you get your hands on the 2009.  Here is a thread showing the reverse process.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1872.0

COVER,FUEL TANK
14092-0112   1   $81.29   $67.07

53044   TRIM
53044-0054   1   $29.02   $25.54

OPTIONAL I GUESS  39156J   PAD,CNT
39156-0590   1   $5.44   $4.41

(3)X   92151   BOLT,SOCKET,6X14
92151-1654   3   $1.20   $0.96

(3)X  92022   WASHER,PLAIN,6.5X16X1
92022-1143   3   $2.92   $2.34

11056   BRACKET,RELAY
11056-0152   1   $17.90   $14.32

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
As for "Man of Blues", he's correct, the 1st generation of Pullback Risers won't allow for lowering the front end...there will be a version 2 which will accommodate this modification.  I'll just need to remove a bit more material.  It's hard to plan for every possible modification but I'll make it happen.

Good job!  And yes, it is hard.  I *completely* forgot about lowering, and it is crucial to my setup, and maybe others'.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
Check these out. 

They work on 08-12 C14's, are powdercoated to match the stock handlebars and come with all the hardware needed to mount them.  $350 for about 3" of rise and a huge 3" pullback.

Neat!  Except those also block the fork tubes from being raised (which is necessary if you have to lower the bike)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »
Check these out. 

They work on 08-12 C14's, are powdercoated to match the stock handlebars and come with all the hardware needed to mount them.  $350 for about 3" of rise and a huge 3" pullback. 

Excuse me for being a butthead but is it polite to jump in another man's thread with a like product? You started a thread to sell your stuff as this man did. I've got no other interest other than it seems the wrong way to do business.

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 05:59:02 PM »
Excuse me for being a butthead but is it polite to jump in another man's thread with a like product? You started a thread to sell your stuff as this man did. I've got no other interest other than it seems the wrong way to do business.

Thanks gPink, I was trying not to be a dick but its starting to get to me.  Another guy did the same thing.  Pretty rude.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Breath in... Breath out...Move on.  8)

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »

nice looking machine work though.

You've asked for it and now you can have it.  I've redesigned my pullback risers to accommodate bikes with lowered suspensions.  As you can see in the drawings, I've clearanced them to fit perfectly around the fork tubes.  They've been clearanced vertically 1 inch.  No part of the center section comes in contact with the risers.  These are on order and will be available the first week of April.  These will be available for preorder in a couple hours, first come first serve.  I'll be able to put up more pictures when they arrive.