Author Topic: Pretty frickin quiet if you ask me...  (Read 4323 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Pretty frickin quiet if you ask me...
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »
Just ordered this....

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-92176

Love the Saturn V.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.   It arrives tomorrow.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2022, 10:07:19 AM »
Pick a topic and talk about it. I am sure there are may topics in the news that may be of interest.

After all this is a virtual camp fire as you say.

Let me say this about that....

As I've stated in the Open Board, as far as news goes, stuff like this stresses me out...politics, religion, Covid and just about anything controversial that people get upset about.  Don't want to hear it, don't want to see it.  This thread has been flowing quite nicely and I like it.  Carry on..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2022, 10:47:40 AM »
A lovely wife, a garage full of bikes. Damn, I gotta start living.

No wife, no garage. I used to live in an appt the size of your garage for $2600/mo.

What am I doing wrong? I gotta get out of DC. My gf is from Mid W. and she tells me that everyday!

I am. :) i rotate them around and ride them all. And, my wife is also supportive, even has her own, 1st bike (a new supercub).

Here's the garage, last week. there's 3 stored at work, and 2 at a friends garage. the one to the far right was sold the day after this pic was taken.

the supercub is far end, cant see it behind the 72 R5. (i don't count hers in the 12).

also note the garage springs. the left one has always when wound (closed) gone 'wavy'  :o  its really weird and have no explanation for it. . But works fine.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2022, 10:51:00 AM »
Have you tried the robotics kits? I have been wanting to buy one but they are quite expensive.

Just ordered this....

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-92176

Love the Saturn V.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.   It arrives tomorrow.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »
A lovely wife, a garage full of bikes. Damn, I gotta start living.

No wife, no garage. I used to live in an appt the size of your garage for $2600/mo.

What am I doing wrong? I gotta get out of DC. My gf is from Mid W. and she tells me that everyday!

Personally I hate NoVA.  Too much traffic and crazy drivers.  Fredericksburg is getting an influx from there and it's ruining the area.  Where I live as well.  I'm hoping there will be a real estate crash again and keep those Fr's up north.  Go west  young man.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2022, 09:02:59 PM »
Here in the UK we are currently at US$9.50 per US Gallon for our cheapest gas (95RON = 91PON).

Wow

I get that not buying Russian oil has pushed the price up, but somehow I have a feeling that the other oil producers (and I do include the UK & USA in that) are deliberately not increasing their output because why should they when they are making more profit from selling less oil.

Here, they are being CONSTRAINED from producing more domestic oil, which was intentional.  Plus lots of inflation, which is pushing all prices up (which is what happens when they create trillions and trillions of dollars out of thin air to spend).

I just paid $5.15/gal for high octane at Costco.  Quite a shocker.  I think it was something like $3 not all that long ago.  Thankfully, I don't use a lot of gasoline; I live near work and bicycle every day.  And no, it isn't much exercise because it is only about 5 minutes :)

I am always amazed at how fuel-efficient the C14 is, given its size and weight.  I seem to get around 45 MPG on average.  Not so lucky in the G37S, at around 22MPG.  I put a lot more miles on the motorcycle than on the car.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2022, 08:19:32 PM »
I get 38mpg on mine, but I'm also huge and drive at quite a speed. My crossover thing gets like 17. The ol' lady's midsize SUV gets about 17 too. She is really happy she got a bike. She ended up on a 2011 Suzi GSX1250FA and LOVES it. We put some SW-Motech bags on it for our longer trips.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2022, 03:26:36 PM »
My Prius gets 55+ and saw 62 on it the other day and I can use E15 fuel in it.  I've parked my truck for the duration and we're using the Prius for 95% of the driving.  Still riding the bike.  In hot weather I can push 50mpg out of it

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2022, 08:27:20 AM »
My '21 honda trail gets over 100 mpg. not why i got it, but its a fun commuter.  Not bad in the mts either.

I ride this thing a LOT. I got it back in Feb of 21. yes, thats a folding milkcrate on the back.  ;D  Top speed is about 56 , can maintain 50. perfect for in town & hauling stuff. TBH, i don't care about fuel mileage too much, as I drive my big block galaxie quite a bit as well. (about 13.5 towing, 16 just driving w ac on). But for those that do, the trail is a good one to consider. .02

I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »
I would look like a circus bear on a Honda Trail.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »
I've seen 6'5 guys riding them. Personally, i don't care what other dudes think.
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2022, 11:34:58 AM »
I've seen 6'5 guys riding them. Personally, i don't care what other dudes think.

Not so much what other dudes think, but that I'm like a whole "normal" sized person more than the weight capacity of one.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
Too funny...

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2022, 01:56:18 PM »
I am looking to buy a moped this year. I loved riding those in HS.

How hard is a Metropolitan or a Vino to work on?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2022, 02:08:41 PM »
I like vino only at night..

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »
I too like it at night. Especially with cheese.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »
Ooooooo. OK

:P

I don't drink much.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
You should start, especially if you are going to work on mopeds.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2022, 12:40:17 PM »
You should start, especially if you are going to work...