Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 729361 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2060 on: June 26, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
I don't miss the Chicago traffic, but i sure miss the hot dogs and pizza  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2061 on: June 26, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »
I think that I taught him a few new words too after driving in that :censored: traffic!

I'm sure glad I live where I do. "Traffic" here is when I can see some other vehicles somewhere around me.
I just don't do real traffic well, even in the four wheeled vehicle(s). 
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2062 on: June 26, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »
Same here..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2063 on: June 27, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
I don't miss the Chicago traffic, but i sure miss the hot dogs and pizza  ;D

We each had a couple of $7 'Chicago dogs' at the game. Damn good but for 7 bucks it had better be!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2064 on: June 27, 2015, 08:02:46 AM »
I'm sure glad I live where I do. "Traffic" here is when I can see some other vehicles somewhere around me.
I just don't do real traffic well, even in the four wheeled vehicle(s).

No traffic worries in the little village of 500 that we live in. I hate the city and we VERY rarely go there.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2065 on: June 27, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »
The outside pane of glass in my double paned living room picture window seems to have spontaneously shattered yesterday for no apparent reason.  :o

Could one of your neighbors have been listening to Yoko Ono at high volume?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2066 on: June 28, 2015, 07:09:53 AM »
Could one of your neighbors have been listening to Yoko Ono at high volume?

No way, that would have taken both panes of glass out for sure!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2067 on: June 28, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »
I've been watching the Roosevelt's documentary on PBS.  It came to an end last week.  Amazing information that I wasn't aware of.  If it weren't for FDR, I may not have been here harassing the membership.  You have him to blame for that.  Quite a few in this country were ambivalent about helping England face down Hitler.  FDR pushed and got through supplying England to hold off Hitler from invading.  At the end of the series I cried like a baby.  Course I had a few beers and I do get sentimental when I drink.

Also, England's women's soccer (football) beat Canada.  It was good to see the flag waving in the stands.  Of course, I do hope that they lose to US eventually.   We play Germany June 30th.  England plays Japan July 1.  Here's hoping both the US and England win their matches.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2068 on: June 28, 2015, 08:31:03 AM »
I like working with Play-Doh.  It's relaxing.  You should try it.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2069 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:29 AM »
I like working with Play-Doh.  It's relaxing.  You should try it.

I have, what in the grand scheme of things, is a minor issue with my left hand. I use Play-Doh as a tool during physical therapy to build strength and dexterity in my hand. It works, after a year, I can touch my thumb to all but my pinky finger and completely open my hand. When I started I could only touch my thumb, index and middle fingers, extending all 5 fingers out was impossible. Hurts like hell after 15 minutes but I do like working with it. Wish the therapist had a color other than pink though.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2070 on: June 28, 2015, 09:34:29 AM »
You know, you can probably buy some somewhere in Italy...

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2071 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:01 AM »
Meh. They make me play with some kinda Lite-Brite looking thing and a texture recognition game that I swear came out of some pre-school somewhere. I have 12 days left, I can cope.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2072 on: June 28, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »
12 days overseas or in service?

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2073 on: June 28, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Overseas, headed back to NC.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2074 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
 :thumbs: Welcome back home.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2075 on: June 28, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Indeed!

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2076 on: June 28, 2015, 10:29:09 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #2077 on: June 29, 2015, 04:23:50 AM »
Sgt Mac,  NC is some nice riding to come home to.  Did you have a choice of location?  Oh, and WELCOME BACK!!

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2078 on: June 29, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »
I'm headed back under a humanitarian to take care of my dad (lung cancer) who moved to Fayetteville back in the late 90's when I was at Bragg in the Army. Now that I'm in the AF and Pope is no longer an AFB, I'm going to Seymour in Goldsboro, close enough to help with medical issues. Luckily, there was a position for me at Shady J and my replacement was already inbound so this is just an early PCS.

With all that said, let me say that there's no sympathy required, he smoked for 6 decades and this is something we've been expecting for a long time. Though it doesn't make it any less difficult to deal with, accepting the fact early on and preparing accordingly helps to soften the blow. He's lived a good life, knows his family loves him and has left nothing unsaid. Now we'll have the chance to spend some time together, many don't get that opportunity.

I can't say enough about how my command structure has fought to help me in this process and will forever be grateful. I'm leaving a great group of Airmen and Soldiers but I'm sure I'll find a group just as dedicated at my new duty station.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2079 on: July 01, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »
I'm headed back under a humanitarian to take care of my dad (lung cancer) who moved to Fayetteville back in the late 90's when I was at Bragg in the Army. Now that I'm in the AF and Pope is no longer an AFB, I'm going to Seymour in Goldsboro, close enough to help with medical issues. Luckily, there was a position for me at Shady J and my replacement was already inbound so this is just an early PCS.

With all that said, let me say that there's no sympathy required, he smoked for 6 decades and this is something we've been expecting for a long time. Though it doesn't make it any less difficult to deal with, accepting the fact early on and preparing accordingly helps to soften the blow. He's lived a good life, knows his family loves him and has left nothing unsaid. Now we'll have the chance to spend some time together, many don't get that opportunity.

I can't say enough about how my command structure has fought to help me in this process and will forever be grateful. I'm leaving a great group of Airmen and Soldiers but I'm sure I'll find a group just as dedicated at my new duty station.

^^^glad that is working out for you the best it could under the circumstances.  Thanks for your service. When I was in the AF, I went TDY to Pope several times.  Didn't realize it is no longer an AFB.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine