Author Topic: Finnally getting new Michelins YAHOO!!  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Rocket Therapy

Finnally getting new Michelins YAHOO!!
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »
I'm finally getting some Michelins for the C 14, I've been wanting some but couldn't quite swing the cost. Well I did some checking and found the price to be very comparable to other good wearing tires and so I just ordered from motorcycle superstore the PR2's, shipped for $272.88. I am having my wedding reception on the 21st and have to mount and balanced to leave for Nags Head on the 22nd.  The last set of tires I replaced was with the Dunlop Roadsmarts, got about 4500 miles on them and ready for a new set. I went with the PR2's because I've been reading they get better mileage then the PR3's. Should be here on Monday.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Finnally getting new Michelins YAHOO!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »
You won't be disappointed.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
[...] couldn't quite swing the cost. [...] I went with the PR2's because I've been reading they get better mileage then the PR3's. Should be here on Monday.

The PR4GT supposedly will get longer life than the PR3, perhaps similar to the PR2, and yet perform as well or better than the PR3.... but they are going to cost a lot more (for now, anyway).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:43:52 AM »
I'm finally getting some Michelins for the C 14, I've been wanting some but couldn't quite swing the cost. Well I did some checking and found the price to be very comparable to other good wearing tires and so I just ordered from motorcycle superstore the PR2's, shipped for $272.88. I am having my wedding reception on the 21st and have to mount and balanced to leave for Nags Head on the 22nd.  The last set of tires I replaced was with the Dunlop Roadsmarts, got about 4500 miles on them and ready for a new set. I went with the PR2's because I've been reading they get better mileage then the PR3's. Should be here on Monday.

Don't break those TP sensors when you unmount and remount those new tars!     :)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dw4402

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:46:09 PM »
I put a set of PR4 GT's on Corrine before my Deals Gap trip.  So far I have just over 2k miles on them and here are my impressions:  Great Tire!  They never slid in wet or dry (and we got a chance to try all conditions on our trip this year) and they still have a lot of tread left.  I am very happy with them, so far, now just waiting to see what kind of mileage I get out of them.  I paid $335 for both tires from a local dealer and $40 to have them installed by another dealer.  As you can see in the attached photos I got all the way over on them.  :D
David K. Williams
08 C14

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »
I do need batteries for the TPMS can someone tell me  where can i get some and what is the numbers

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
Had me a package when I got home

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »
You won't be disappointed.

^^^that  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »
I'm like a kid with a new toy I can't wait to get them on and try em out

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 03:55:07 PM »
Quote from: gPink link=topic=17347.msg212330#msg212330 . te=1402794944
and Ol=http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=13831.0]http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=13831.0[/url]

Am I reading this right? My 2012 will take the CR 2032L/F  front and rear and I can replace them?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
Short answer is yes. There are numerous threads on replacing the batteries. One of our more ambitious members, BDF, has a thread on removing the sensors without removing the wheels from the bike. Be sure to keep track of front and back if you take them both out at the same time. There are some other cautions you will read about but it's not rocket therapy science.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
It can be rocket science to some...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »
7 am this morning I was changing tires................in the yard. I was wanting to purchase a HF tire changer and the proper equipment to go with it but was pinched for time so I changed them by hand and had the local HD shop balanced them for me. Last year the about the same week in June they balanced the roadsmarts for me and only charged me for weights, $4 and change, this year I think they caught up with me, $22 and change. I have a local Kawi dealer about 13 miles from me but can't seem to deal with them, seems like they are always trying to stick it to me. Guess I'll just keep trying. When I bought my 12 I had to drive about 65 miles to another dealer to get a deal.

Offline petepro

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:29 AM »
7 am this morning I was changing tires................in the yard. I was wanting to purchase a HF tire changer and the proper equipment to go with it but was pinched for time so I changed them by hand and had the local HD shop balanced them for me. Last year the about the same week in June they balanced the roadsmarts for me and only charged me for weights, $4 and change, this year I think they caught up with me, $22 and change. I have a local Kawi dealer about 13 miles from me but can't seem to deal with them, seems like they are always trying to stick it to me. Guess I'll just keep trying. When I bought my 12 I had to drive about 65 miles to another dealer to get a deal.

Skip on the HF tire changer and go for the HF tire balancer.   Are you using zip ties for the mount?
2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
Skip on the HF tire changer and go for the HF tire balancer.   Are you using zip ties for the mount?

what do you mean use zip ties for the mount???   I don't understand

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »
By the time l put all those zip ties on I could have the tire mounted and air going in it. The first bead will fall on and the second isn't hard at all. Breaking it down and spooning it off is what's hard

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 04:22:29 AM »
Looks like too much work to me.  My guy does it for $20.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 07:26:06 AM »
Looks like too much work to me.  My guy does it for $20.

:goodpost: