Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 728035 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2280 on: February 08, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
Yep, that is along the idea of what I was told was coming, before the game. Just tripped over this piece of news:

"Rudy Giuliani condemns Beyoncé's Super Bowl halftime performance as an 'outrageous' 'platform to attack police officers'"

Brian

Beyonce Kardashian 's new music vid plays to a particular audience but it didn't seem too apparent at halftime. Might be 'cause I have a hard time understanding the words.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2281 on: February 08, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »
Yep, that is along the idea of what I was told was coming, before the game. Just tripped over this piece of news:

"Rudy Giuliani condemns Beyoncé's Super Bowl halftime performance as an 'outrageous' 'platform to attack police officers'"

Brian

I guess I missed it but like GP, I have no idea what the words were.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2282 on: February 08, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »
Ah yes, that is called 'lyricosis' and I have it as well, especially with the younger kid's music (or whatever that stuff is). Lycicosis makes it really tough to follow along with some songs, such as 'Rudolph, the red nosed Reindeer", most people do not realize there are actually 10 reindeer in all. You can tell this by the lines: "Olive, the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names." Or, the ever- popular Bruce Springsteen line: 'Revved up like a douche, another rubber in the night.'  Irregardless, it is still pretty amusing.

;D

Brian

I guess I missed it but like GP, I have no idea what the words were.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2283 on: February 08, 2016, 02:28:35 PM »
Or in "God Bless America" the words are ".... stand beside her and guide her, through the night, with a light from a bulb."
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2284 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:27 PM »
I've always had a problem with Pink Floyd: "You! Yes you! Stand still laddie!". I've read that's what the lyrics are but it doesn't sound like "laddie" to me.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2285 on: February 08, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
Ha...It's not me. Here's a sample of the lyrics from the halftime song...

Y'all haters corny with that illuminati mess
Paparazzi, catch my fly, and my cocky fresh
I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress (stylin')
I'm so possessive so I rock his Roc necklaces
My daddy Alabama, Momma Louisiana
You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bama
I like my baby hair with baby hair and afros
I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils
Earned all this money but they never take the country out me
I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag

There's much more but.... :pukeface:

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2286 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »
Ah yes, that is called 'lyricosis' and I have it as well, especially with the younger kid's music (or whatever that stuff is). Lycicosis makes it really tough to follow along with some songs, such as 'Rudolph, the red nosed Reindeer", most people do not realize there are actually 10 reindeer in all. You can tell this by the lines: "Olive, the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names." Or, the ever- popular Bruce Springsteen line: 'Revved up like a douche, another rubber in the night.'  Irregardless, it is still pretty amusing.

;D

Brian

I don't think those lyrics are from a Springsteen song. It will come to me,  just can't name it at the moment.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2287 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »
If you run that through Google translator, what do you put in for the parent language? (a really big Easy Boys here....).

Brian

Ha...It's not me. Here's a sample of the lyrics from the halftime song...

Y'all haters corny with that illuminati mess
Paparazzi, catch my fly, and my cocky fresh
I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress (stylin')
I'm so possessive so I rock his Roc necklaces
My daddy Alabama, Momma Louisiana
You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bama
I like my baby hair with baby hair and afros
I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils
Earned all this money but they never take the country out me
I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag

There's much more but.... :pukeface:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2288 on: February 08, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
"Blinded by the Light", Bruce Springsteen, original version 1977.

The second and third lines of the song, when heard by those suffering from lyricosis (like me), sounds like "Revved up like a douche, another rubber in the night."  What the lines actually say is "Revved up like a duce, another runner in the night.", referring to a duce coupe custom rod out street racing at night.

Unless you meant the "Olive, the other reindeer...." at which point I would agree with you, not Bruce Springsteen....  ;D

Brian

I don't think those lyrics are from a Springsteen song. It will come to me,  just can't name it at the moment.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2289 on: February 08, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »
Manfred Mann

Lyrics[edit]
Manfred Mann's Earth Band's recording of the song features several changed lyrics. The most prominent change is in the chorus, where Springsteen's "cut loose like a deuce" is replaced with "revved up like a deuce."[2][3][4] This is commonly misheard as "wrapped up like a douche" (the V sound in "revved" is almost unpronounced, and the S sound in "deuce" comes across as "SH" due to a significant lisp).[5][6] Springsteen himself has joked about the controversy, claiming that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a feminine hygiene product that it became popular.[7]

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2290 on: February 08, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »
Is this happening anywhere else or is it just the result of inbreeding around here?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2291 on: February 08, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
Idiots. I saw a couple out here too, I wish they would go back home.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2292 on: February 08, 2016, 04:51:30 PM »
Mann did cover the song but it was written and performed by Springsteen first. From Wikepedia (enough integrity for this subject I think):

Begin quoted text[
"Blinded by the Light" is a song written and originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen, although it is mostly known by its 1977 #1 hit version recorded by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Mann's remake was released in the United Kingdom in August 1976, where it reached No. 6 in the BMRB[1] charts.

Contents  [hide]
1   History
1.1   Lyrics
1.2   Cover versions and reissues
2   Personnel
2.1   Original version
2.2   Manfred Mann's Earth Band cover
3   References
4   External links
History[edit]
The song came about when Columbia president Clive Davis, upon listening to an early version of Greetings from Asbury Park N.J., felt the album lacked a potential single. Springsteen wrote this and "Spirit in the Night" in response.

According to Springsteen, the song came about from going through a rhyming dictionary in search of appropriate words. The first line of the song, "Madman drummers, bummers, and Indians in the summers with a teenage diplomat" is autobiographical—"Madman drummers" is a reference to drummer Vini Lopez, known as "Mad Man" (later changed to "Mad Dog"); "Indians in the summer" refers to the name of Springsteen's old Little League team; "teenage diplomat" refers to himself. The remainder of the song tells of many unrelated events, with the refrain of "Blinded by the light, cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night".

"Blinded by the Light" was the first song on, and first single from Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. Springsteen's version was commercially unsuccessful and did not appear on the music charts.

Lyrics[edit]
Manfred Mann's Earth Band's recording of the song features several changed lyrics. The most prominent change is in the chorus, where Springsteen's "cut loose like a deuce" is replaced with "revved up like a deuce."[2][3][4] This is commonly misheard as "wrapped up like a douche" (the V sound in "revved" is almost unpronounced, and the S sound in "deuce" comes across as "SH" due to a significant lisp).[5][6] Springsteen himself has joked about the controversy, claiming that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a feminine hygiene product that it became popular.[7]
End quoted text]

Brian

Manfred Mann

Lyrics[edit]

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2293 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »
But what if they ARE ALREADY home?

:rotflmao:

Clearly the gene pool could use a little more chlorine....

Brian

Idiots. I saw a couple out here too, I wish they would go back home.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2294 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
Anything for attention, even if it means lookin' like a tard.

No offense to any tards reading this.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2295 on: February 08, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »
Is this happening anywhere else or is it just the result of inbreeding around here?

One of the more stupid things I've seen.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2296 on: February 08, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
Just 'cause I'm a nice guy, () I went searching
and here is what I found on another forum.
Quote from: Schadenfreuda of the AR15.com forum
Well, I used to work for a company called National Spring in San Diego, CA...We did a LOT of off-road suspensions.

So...

When you see a truck higher in the front there are a few reasons.

1) Owner will actually use it as designed, with a softer lift in front to take-up the torture caused by getting air-born and landing on the front suspension first. A softer, yet strong suspension will need to have a lot of travel in the suspension to do both.

2) Owner bought a cheap set of front coils and did not match it to the rear springs. Sometimes the owner will think it looks cool and leave it that way.

3) Owner paid someone in beer to install a lift kit.

4) Owner used longer shackles in back to make truck higher in back...and springs sagged 6 months afterward, never replaced.

5) On two-wheel drive trucks (pre-runners), owner did not want the rear drive-shaft angle to be too extreme, so it was left lower

I think the gene pool question might be closer to the truth as neither truck looks like airborne material to me, but admittedly I'm not a truck guy.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2297 on: February 09, 2016, 03:33:30 AM »
I think someone made a mistake and then another moron said I like this look and there you go.  Only time I've seen trucks like that would be if they were overloaded.  As a look per se, it sucks big time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2298 on: February 09, 2016, 05:10:39 AM »
Anything for attention, even if it means lookin' like a tard.

No offense to any tards reading this.

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2299 on: February 09, 2016, 04:38:12 PM »
I've also come to realize this.

Expecting anyone dumb enough to do this to a truck to adjust their headlights to keep from blinding others with their stupidity would be asking too much.