Author Topic: '08 C14 glove box revisited  (Read 14456 times)

Excavator

Re: '08 C14 glove box revisited
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
The GB will hold and extra pair of underwear, which if you ride a black one you might need from time to time...  :o   ;)

:rotflmao:  And don't forget the pilot's license.   :thumbs:

Offline marku8a

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
Not sure if others has this problem. My box lid would not open with just pressing the release button. I had to push the lid toward me to get it to release. I took it off and found the problem. A little filing and bingo! Now fixed and working like it was supposed to in the first place!!
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »
I added a pre-2010 glove box to my 2010.  I would not give it up - I use it for quite a few things.  BTW, no it's not a straight forward bolt on.  Some fabrication was involved but for a good do-it-yourselfer with some imagination it still less than a two hour job.  A "how to" thread was lost in the May forunami.

Maybe the OP and jjsC6 could ping each other and see if a swap could occur, a coupla$$ for a panel?  Just a thought.

Offline bob14

• go forth and meet the shadowy future without fear
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:52 AM »
GLOVE BOX ???????

Oh you mean the power panel

2008 C14
COG 8211
AMA 848986
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 05:55:05 AM »
Not sure if others has this problem. My box lid would not open with just pressing the release button. I had to push the lid toward me to get it to release. I took it off and found the problem. A little filing and bingo! Now fixed and working like it was supposed to in the first place!!

Mine does the same thing. I haven't gotten fed up enough yet to pull it apart and fix it, soon though. What did you file?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Y0ssarian

• Arena
  • 97% chance of being hit by a piano
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 06:41:28 AM »
GLOVE BOX ??? ??? ?

Oh you mean the power panel

So you took the only storage space that can be accessed while underway, and filled it with things you don't need to access while you're underway?
The words of the prophets are written on the cylinder walls.