Author Topic: Greetings from Arizona  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Greetings from Arizona
« on: September 02, 2021, 04:00:34 PM »
Greetings everyone! I've had my 2010 C14 for a touch over 6 months now. I was active over on the COG forum, but that left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Now I'm here!

This is my girl as I got her:

Came with a Vance & Hines slip on, lowering links, angled bar risers, Throttlemeister lock/bar ends, Sargent seat, unknown brand touring windshield, Canyon Cages and highway pegs.

I've since raised it back up since I'm 6'5', got rid of the Sargent seat, got rid of the trunk and mount plate (trunk was broken and poorly repaired), put a 2016 vented windshield on it (kept the touring one for long trips), did LED lights all the way around, tail tidy, and an airflow seat cover.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Greetings from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
Looks great!  Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Dirtiegirtie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »
Welcome, BigRed!

I looked at 'another forum' before joining this one. I read many posts over there and decided this forum better suits me, even though there's probably over 100 posts over there to a single post here.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »
Welcome Red, several of us ended up here after leaving the COG forum for a variety of reasons.
Much more civilised here,... apart from the Arena.  :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Dirtiegirtie

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 02:52:29 AM »
@Boomer - So where is the "Arena"? I found a few references to it but not an actual location. Then I found a post with a link to the "Arena" but when I clicked on it it gave a message about "The section you are attempting to open either does not exist or is not accessible to you."

Did I miss something?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 03:58:08 AM »
I can grant access but would require the traditional shrubbery as a bribe.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Dirtiegirtie

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 07:00:08 AM »
I shall see your shrubbery and raise you... A HERRING!

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »
Welcome Red. That was like the bike I was looking at here just a couple of weeks ago, sans the guards. It had 136K on it and some seepage. Otherwise clean looking. Got sold as I dithered.

And please stay away from the Arena. It is a disgusting cesspool of people shooting their mouths on hot button issues. I keep out of it but my doppelganger is on there from time to time. He's a total asshole.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 03:54:50 PM »
Maybe I should find Jim a shrubbery. One that looks nice, but not too expensive. Then I could go talk smack in THE ARENA! (seemed like yelling was appropriate.)
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 08:37:42 AM »
Seriously though, if you want access then let me know.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
Jim, do you think it is a good idea to revoke my access? At times I can't seem to control my doppelganger.

Offline Dirtiegirtie

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »
Seriously though, if you want access then let me know.

So the offer of a Herring wasn't enough? ;)

Yes, I hereby request access to "The Arena", understanding that lewd language, political and religious conversation, and otherwise offensive content may exist.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
I am sure he will give you access. Just be aware that a very thick skin is mandatory. Flaming and bashing of all kinds go on in there with little to no moderation. Free for all. There are people that end up realizing they can't take it and friendships may be lost.

So the offer of a Herring wasn't enough? ;)

Yes, I hereby request access to "The Arena", understanding that lewd language, political and religious conversation, and otherwise offensive content may exist.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
He's right you know...Arena access granted..

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »
Oh, Great Jim, Guardian of the Gates, may I also have access?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 02:32:17 PM »
No.  I can only do one a day...

Just kidding.  Will have it done in a few minutes..

You may have to close the browser and come back in for it to take effect but I've made the change.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 03:24:38 PM »
Thank you, sir.