Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888225 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2220 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
I washed my bike :banana
I haven't done it in at least 10 000 miles, and it was slowly becoming impossible to see anything through the windshield. People were walking away from where she was parked. Flies and rats were gathering, etc. After 40 minutes washing, it looked only very, very dirty. A huge improvement 8) In fact, I think it's lighter by about 10 pounds.

Horror upon horror  :yikes: !  I've got to do that to mine.  Several days riding through rain on and off has made it look off road.  Maybe this coming Sunday.... :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2221 on: June 07, 2016, 04:46:47 AM »
Best not to rush into anything.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2222 on: June 07, 2016, 05:00:38 AM »
Horror upon horror  :yikes: !  I've got to do that to mine.  Several days riding through rain on and off has made it look off road.  Maybe this coming Sunday.... :'(
Maybe is the operative word here.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2223 on: June 07, 2016, 05:31:30 AM »

Dejavu.. Mine is covered with dead insect guts now after several trips.  I meant to wash it Sunday, but it was so freaking hot, I didn't feel like it.   Maybe this coming Sunday....  :'(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2224 on: June 07, 2016, 06:51:18 AM »
Were the previous pads EBC?

Nope. When I replaced the rotors, about 3000 miles ago, I had a set of OEM pads still in the package and intended to replace the rotors with OEM as well. But then I found out the price of OEM rotors  :yikes: but didn't want to waste my new OEM pads. Well I started having annoying pulsing problems at low speed. I talked to the EBC folks and they said I needed to use EBC pads with EBC rotors. What else would the say? But so far so good, we'll see as miles go by.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #2225 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
Installed the Projek D LED turn signal mirrors.

Liking the convex shape allot!

I can see cars coming up behind me in the mirror right up till I can see them out of the corner of my eye.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2226 on: June 07, 2016, 03:24:32 PM »

I can see cars coming up behind me in the mirror right up till I can see them out of the corner of my eye.

Warning, objects may be closer than they appear.... 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2227 on: June 07, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »

When I first put mine on a few years ago I was disappointed because they aren't bright enough to see in daylight. But now that I commute a lot in dark, dawn and dusk, I love them.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2228 on: June 07, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »
Warning, objects may be closer than they appear....

Objects in mirror are losing.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2229 on: June 08, 2016, 01:39:56 AM »

:yikes: Cars catch up to you....? ;)

It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2230 on: June 13, 2016, 08:51:48 PM »
Commuted to work today on the Connie. Hit my secret top speed area and twisted the grip. Took a bird strike to the dome at about a buck 10. I was slightly tucked in, so it kinda hit above my temple, not the shield. I stung a bit, but nothing too bad. I laughed out loud, and kept on twisting all the way to work. What else could happen like that on the same ride?

Let's roll!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2231 on: June 13, 2016, 11:54:43 PM »
What else could happen like that on the same ride?

Be careful for what you wish for...

On my way to work on a Friday morning, within a span of 2 miles, I had a car pull out in front of me that almost took me out, got stung by a bee in the upper thigh/groin area, and as I climbed onto then freeway, one of these huge Land Rovers worth about a bar came flying past me. As I got behind it and twisted the throttle, the idiot decided it was a great time to clean his windscreen, while my helmet visor was open.

To top it off, I was wearing my specs, and the water all landed on my lenses, obscuring my vision by about 40%.

I say again, careful what you wish for...

On  the other hand, this thread is for "What you did to your Concours today". Well I'm just waiting for my Parcel to arrive from Namibia. I friend made me a throttle lock for cruising, without having to hold the throttle. I'll post [pics as soon as it is fitted.

Why buy something if I can get it for free......?  :finger_fing11: :chugbeer:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2232 on: June 14, 2016, 06:34:34 AM »
No problems at all bleeding any of the fluids. I used a Motion Pro bleeder. This made the project go well.

I finally tried to use my new Motion Pro bleeder on my brothers GL1100 but it failed. The ball is stuck open. Luckily the front brakes flow so freely that all I had to do was open the bleed screw, keep adding fluid and in about 5 minutes they bled themselves without pumping.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2233 on: June 14, 2016, 06:40:21 AM »
Just got back from another 1000 mile weekend. That bike gets better every time I ride it!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #2234 on: June 14, 2016, 07:17:30 AM »
Just got back from another 1000 mile weekend. That bike gets better every time I ride it!
Another trip to San Diego?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2235 on: June 14, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »
North of LA. Hooked up with a couple of other fast movers at the AZ state line and averaged nearly 85mph the last 125 miles home yesterday. These bikes will eat up some miles and beg for more.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #2236 on: June 14, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »
North of LA. Hooked up with a couple of other fast movers at the AZ state line and averaged nearly 85mph the last 125 miles home yesterday. These bikes will eat up some miles and beg for more.

I agree with you!  I'm about to put mine to a test again.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2237 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »

I noticed my bike loves the harmonic balance right around 85-90. I do too.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2238 on: June 16, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »
Page 150! 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2239 on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »
Finally got around to changing the engine oil (Liqui Moly 4T Synthetic), filter (K&N), and differential oil (Red Line Synthetic).

Very disappointed in the K&N filter for getting the old one off- the nut they put on the end is completely useless and I had a nightmare, AGAIN, trying to get the damn filter off.  Ended up using lots of effort with a claw-type wrench.  I specifically bought this type, thinking it would make the next change so much easier.  NOT!