Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888008 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1900 on: February 24, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »
Nah, by the time I'd get them off the shelf, I'll be in a convertible. ;)

LOL!!!

Or perhaps a Can-Am???
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1901 on: February 24, 2016, 06:07:31 PM »
Put a PR4 GT on her. (55 series)  Got about 14k out of the last one.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #1902 on: February 24, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
Not today, as the winds were 30 MPH, but tomorrow, it will take me to work and back, then a couple days off to ride around in beautiful weather.  A great long weekend to those who get one... top
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1903 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »
Your bike ... right?

:P

Offline tomp

« Reply #1904 on: February 26, 2016, 09:53:23 AM »
Your bike ... right?

:P
Now, now...   :D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1905 on: February 26, 2016, 10:23:27 AM »
Smh
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline killingbugs

• JMP Cycle Kawasaki
« Reply #1906 on: February 26, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
Sold it to a very nice guy.

Ordering another one Monday ;D

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1907 on: February 27, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »
After 4 months I was able to get out and put a few hundred clicks on over the last couple days.
Had a talk with a RCMP yesterday afternoon about passing a vehicle that is already doing highway speed.  ::)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1908 on: February 27, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »
I hope you were able to get the officer to see the error in his / her thinking.....?

;D

Did you get off easy or was it a little 'stingy'?

I have no first- hand knowledge but from what I have been able to gather, you folks are getting hit pretty hard up there for relatively light traffic infractions. If I remember correctly, you (Canadians) have some law that states if you are doing XX over the speed limit, you are charged with racing or something similar and that carries draconian penalties?

The areas designated as 'construction zones' carried some pretty nasty fines / penalties for speeding here recently; and the 'construction zone' went on in some cases far beyond where there was any construction. Tough to do 45 MPH on a perfectly nice highway in daylight, in nice weather.... until you hit that 'End Construction' sign, which was sometimes just behind the LEO with the radar gun.

Brian

After 4 months I was able to get out and put a few hundred clicks on over the last couple days.
Had a talk with a RCMP yesterday afternoon about passing a vehicle that is already doing highway speed.  ::)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1909 on: February 27, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
 Started out harsh, then I took off my helmet and she seen the gray hair ;). We talked about the hazards of winter highways and the fact that she was at a bad motorcycle accident 1/2 hr earlier.
I told her about the TC and ABS, showed her the tread pattern of the PR4's and apologized for being a huligan.

Lucky it worked out for me this time Brian.

Some of our provinces do have some nasty penlities for speeding but mostly a cash cow here in Alberta for the government and insurance companies. Speed fines are doubled in construction zones.
One province to the west (BC) they impound you vehicle for speeds in excess of 30kms (18mi) over. Then there's the court date, fines, inpound fees, hotel, transportation home and back to pick up your ride, loss of wages or holidays to deal with all of this.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1910 on: February 27, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »
freakin speed nazis  >:(

Offline tomp

« Reply #1911 on: February 27, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »
freakin speed nazis  >:(
Money collectors, are what the majority of police forces are today.  WTF happened to: "To Protect and Serve"? Out the window, I do believe, whether in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, etc, etc...  They now work for the politicians, not the people, as the politicians no longer work for the people, who elect them either. 

OK, rant over.  Yeah, I got taken for $200 recently for a ridiculous violation claim, by a LEO.  Was advised to fight it, but that would have just cost me even more, win or lose.  tp

Offline chilaxin24

« Reply #1912 on: February 27, 2016, 06:33:53 PM »
I bought mine today. New 2014 red. Love it

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1913 on: February 27, 2016, 09:46:30 PM »
I bought mine today. New 2014 red. Love it

Congrats!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1914 on: February 28, 2016, 05:49:07 AM »
Money collectors, are what the majority of police forces are today.  WTF happened to: "To Protect and Serve"? Out the window, I do believe, whether in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, etc, etc...  They now work for the politicians, not the people, as the politicians no longer work for the people, who elect them either. 

OK, rant over.  Yeah, I got taken for $200 recently for a ridiculous violation claim, by a LEO.  Was advised to fight it, but that would have just cost me even more, win or lose.  tp

Just wondering if you've noticed the number of LEOs getting killed in the line of duty lately?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tomp

« Reply #1915 on: February 28, 2016, 06:49:58 AM »
Just wondering if you've noticed the number of LEOs getting killed in the line of duty lately?
Yes I have.  Most have been attacked/assassinated.  Someone in a very high political office has stirred up others to commit these horrible acts..  Had one happen here, while he was gassing up his car.  I wasn't discussing that, simply that I have never seen so many unmarked/shadow cars/suvs/trucks used for one purpose, giving out traffic violation citations, as a revenue stream.   I am not anti police, have great respect for their job, but not all do their job well, like any other profession.

Getting ready for work now.  Will be commuting on the 14.  A great week to all.  t

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1916 on: February 28, 2016, 07:40:17 PM »
Followed a California cop for about 100 miles through Arizona today. I'm guessing prisoner transfer? Averaged nearly 90 mph during that stretch.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #1917 on: February 28, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »
Pinned bags, got spare batteries for FOB. Now to get some keys made,fender extender , rad guard, bag liners and.....
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1918 on: February 28, 2016, 09:21:28 PM »
Pinned bags, got spare batteries for FOB. Now to get some keys made,fender extender , rad guard, bag liners and.....
Wayne
Yeah boy! Gotta make it yours. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1919 on: March 02, 2016, 07:15:52 AM »
My baby got new shoes. Another set of PR4GT's. This was my first chance to use my HF tire changer machine. It is well spent money and nowhere near the difficulty that I anticipated.