Riding > Events Calendar

2021 COG National Rally

<< < (2/5) > >>

lather:

--- Quote from: fartymarty on July 25, 2020, 11:12:34 AM ---(snippage)

For those of you reading this not associated with either group, you may wonder why I'm doing this here. The MSTA forum has relatively low participation (even though it is administered/handled very well by lather's expertise) and the COG forum just has too much of an iron grip over the forum (can't edit your own post after a weeks time without help/approval from a moderator) so I come here on relatively neutral ground to vent my disappointment. Pay it no mind, it's almost over. :'(
 ;D

--- End quote ---
Yeah, this is a real good place with  great folks.

lather:
PM sent

sport rider:
I did it with ROSE (Riders Of the South East).  I couldn't give two sh!ts if anyone is disgruntled.  We have a fair number of cross-over membership, but a lot who are not Concours related.  we were going to have a get-together in northwest North Carolina, but COVID has it pretty locked down.  will be waiting until after the election in November when the virus vanishes to plan something more.

B.D.F.:
Overall interest in motorcycling, as well as almost everything that does not come from or live within a smart phone, is way down. Nothing to do with COG, just general outdoor recreational activities seem to be dropping off fairly rapidly, again seemingly because of the 'Nintendo generation'. Not criticizing that or anything / anyone here, just observing. I honestly believe in another 20, 30 years things like motorcycle ownership / miles ridden will be down a long way from where it is now.

COG may well take another hit when the 'C' in COG goes away, which by the looks will be next year. Sure the group will continue on, probably for a long time but without a fresh source of machines that form the basic interest in the group in the first place, I cannot see how the group can help but dwindle through attrition. Again, no one's fault, just the fact that the bikes are not selling well (motorcycles in general seem to be sliding in sales pretty rapidly) and so the line will be dropped due to simple economics.

And yep, Covid is not helping but it is quite likely that a vaccination(s) will be developed and that will, or at least should, pretty much end that problem. I do not see anything on the horizon that is going to help the dwindling interest in many hobbies / interests though.

Brian

--- Quote from: fartymarty on July 25, 2020, 11:12:34 AM ---
<snip>

Agreed, COG is working on it as well. It's an uphill battle for all things motorcycles these days, even the once huge BMW groups are dwindling.

<snip> 

--- End quote ---

gPink:

--- Quote from: sport rider on July 29, 2020, 12:00:53 PM ---I did it with ROSE (Riders Of the South East).  I couldn't give two sh!ts if anyone is disgruntled.  We have a fair number of cross-over membership, but a lot who are not Concours related.  we were going to have a get-together in northwest North Carolina, but COVID has it pretty locked down.  will be waiting until after the election in November when the virus vanishes to plan something more.

--- End quote ---

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version