Author Topic: The Sunflower Field and Connie  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
The Sunflower Field and Connie
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »
I live in Springfield, Ohio. And just S of town a few miles is a cute little town called Yellow Springs. Some might know this town and its college, Antioch University, which is re-opened as of this yr. It might also be know for Youngs Jersey Dairy.
A little N of downtown, there is a farm that every yr. plants a huge Sunflower field. Sometimes they are the monstors, that get 7 to 8 ft. tall, but this yr they did the dwarf plants. These grow a lot quicker and only get around 4 to 5 ft in height.
I have been watching the flowers as they grow, and have been documenting them in pictures. Here is this yrs progression.
Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: The Sunflower Field and Connie
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »
And the final pics of the field completly in bloom. It is quite a sight from either the side road or the main rd. If you can get over here, thiey should be good for about anothe week and half or so.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
Very cool Greg!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »
Nice!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Tele130

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
Vey cool Greg.  I'm from the Akron area (Cuyahoga Falls actually) and my Aunt & Uncle live in Springfield.  Small world ;D.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »
Nice. Lots of bees by there?

When I lived in S.CAL, over by Carlsbad somewhere was a huge tulip farm. You would come over a small rise and before you was acres and acres of vivid colors, all in striped rows. Wish I was a phototog, but I've got it stored in the ol' memory banks.
"Always take the long way home."