Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57756 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2015, 05:32:00 AM »
Nah, it was a big ole' buck of a cat. And he was doing the 'buck yowl', the one where he is asking if there are any little doe cats around that would like to come out and play. What is interesting about this is that I do not have any cats so I wonder how he got my address. My son and his wife were here in the fall with their two female cats but it has been a bunch of months now and those cats were never outside. Unless they left some kind of secret message on the outside of a house like hobos sometimes do? You know, something like "For a good time, call XXX-XXXX' or similar?

Brian

Well, he could still be after Kirby. Maybe the tom is a 'switch hitter'?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:19 AM »
If it's after Kirby I don't think 'switch hitter' is what you'd call it's problem.  :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »
 ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:54 AM »
Would it be wrong for me to mention the temps in the high 70's we have here?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2015, 07:11:29 AM »
yes ?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2015, 09:13:51 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »
Yeah well that ain't gonna' fly either- I do not go in for that sort of Tom foolery. And I still have all my teeth and claws so it ain't gonna be pretty either; I am not in the greatest of moods, my nuts are covered with snow and I have to dig them out....

Kirby

Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »
Conrad, they can't be expected to know what kind of tree they are looking at: they have been basking in that 250F degree FL summer after all. You know, when the street gets so hot you can solder an egg on it....

Brian

Hey! Those are coconut trees man!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »
Conrad, they can't be expected to know what kind of tree they are looking at: they have been basking in that 250F degree FL summer after all. You know, when the street gets so hot you can solder an egg on it....

Brian

:rotflmao:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

Brian

Some of us don't hang around here in the summer, why would we do that....wait some sit inside with AC doing this--->

Honestly I see it between 90's-100 degrees up in the Northeast and Chicago just like i see it 90's-100 here in the summer, but I ain;t around any of those places  :P  :D   ;D

And for the record, those are palm trees with the big orange BALLS that double as their seeds for new palm trees  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:25 PM »
Well, I personally am enjoying this winter even though it is both colder than normal and quite a bit more snowfall than normal. Hey, I gots me a brand new woodstove and an almost new snowblower (with tracks!), what's not to like? Temp. going to -7F tonight and I am fixing to pack as much oak into that bad boy as I can (meaning the snowblower of course). It is 75F in the hallway right now and will probably be down to 70 or 71F by tomorrow morning.

And remember, as far as snowfall is concerned, it is supposed to be 12" to a foot. Well, I guess everything is 12" to a foot, right?

Brian

Some of us don't hang around here in the summer, why would we do that....wait some sit inside with AC doing this--->

Honestly I see it between 90's-100 degrees up in the Northeast and Chicago just like i see it 90's-100 here in the summer, but I ain;t around any of those places  :P  :D   ;D

And for the record, those are palm trees with the big orange BALLS that double as their seeds for new palm trees  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2015, 07:19:40 PM »
...unless it's six of one ... half dozen of another

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2015, 06:56:20 AM »
I'm definitely looking forward to 70's here in Austin this weekend. I'll be thinking of y'all up in the snow when I'm riding the Texas hill country.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
SO we finally hit the record Low temp in Cleveland history, for February, here in Cleveland, middle of the night...
-17*

(I think we saw -26* AND AROUND THAT, frequently in January 1976, iirc)

it hit -39* in Rome Ohio, about 25 miles from my house, my house was -20* when I looked early this a.m.
Hambden about 10 miles from me hit -30*...
WOW.

I did the snowblower thing last night around 10 pm, and as there was not much snow to remove, did it in record time, about 15 minutes... but it was -13* at the time, and I almost got frostbite on my hands with my warmest gloves...

simply brutal...

heatwave tomorrow... we might hit 33*  woooo hoooooooo

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »
Yesterday morning was -24 at home, -27 at work, and a bit to the east Cotton MN bottomed out at -42F. Warmed up to mid/upper teens today but going into deep cold again this weekend.
Should be about done with the real cold stuff after that.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
Yesterday morning was -24 at home, -27 at work, and a bit to the east Cotton MN bottomed out at -42F. Warmed up to mid/upper teens today but going into deep cold again this weekend.

Seriously. That's about 30 degrees colder than Antarctica was yesterday. Global warming strikes again.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2015, 06:26:17 AM »
SO we finally hit the record Low temp in Cleveland history, for February, here in Cleveland, middle of the night...
-17*

(I think we saw -26* AND AROUND THAT, frequently in January 1976, iirc)

it hit -39* in Rome Ohio, about 25 miles from my house, my house was -20* when I looked early this a.m.
Hambden about 10 miles from me hit -30*...
WOW.

Are these temps with wind chill, or without? I didn't think it got that cold over there under the lakes.

I'm in Atlantic Canada, but it doesn't get terribly cold where I live...thanks to the ocean (and the Gulf Stream I guess). It very rarely gets colder than 5-10*F here. With wind chill, maybe -10*F to -13*F. So, February nights and mornings are often between 5-10*F, with daytime temps between 10-25*F.

The trade-off however is the rain that comes with the snow...and it's no fun. A usual "snow storm" here will start out in the 5-10*F range, and 6-12" of light fluffy snow will fall....then it will warm up in the afternoon and pour rain for a couple hours, and then all of that will flash freeze again by late afternoon or early evening...LOL. It will make your car look like an ice cube in the driveway, and it will make you go insane trying to scrape it off...LOL.

Some of the coldest temps I've seen were in MN while on work trips a few years back. It was also my first experience in driving full size pick-up trucks on lakes in the winter...lol. It doesn't get cold enough to do that in eastern Canada.
I arrived in Mankato in the winter and it was -40*F/C...whatever...it was frickin' cold. The gal at the front desk at the plant asked me if I brought the cold with me from Canada...lol.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2015, 06:32:00 AM »

I hope that you didn't have to start your Jetta in those temps?

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2015, 07:42:25 AM »
I hope that you didn't have to start your Jetta in those temps?

Well, yeah. But I've been driving the 1.8T Jetta gasser wagon I bought after the '03 Jetta TDI was destroyed. Sort of nice because it warms up so much faster, which is all relative with the gas tank emptying twice as fast. I've been able to squeeze 30+ mpg out of it all winter, so with the current price spread it's close to a wash. The everyday driver cars get to park in the garage. It's not heated, but it's insulated and doesn't get horrible cold in there.
The older TDI hasn't been used for a few months and is being neglected parked outside at least til it warms up a bunch. If I plugged in the FrostHeater for a couple hours it would fire right up. I do miss the smell of diesel in the morning, though. 
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.