Author Topic: Best website to buy OEM parts  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Spackler

Best website to buy OEM parts
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:57:26 PM »
There are a lot of websites that sell OEM Kawasaki parts. Anybody have one they use and have found has better prices than others?

Offline throb

Re: Best website to buy OEM parts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:48 AM »
Depends what you need;  if you need stuff like water pump, hoses, etc, you won't beat Murph!  http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=6db5d241eb223acdc8bcfba8c486e081

If you need stuff they don't carry, I've found Ron Ayers about the best bet....    http://www.ronayers.com/

Tires are a different story....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:47:33 AM by throb »
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »
That's my thought process too.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:39:48 AM »
DITTO
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:49:55 AM »
Since I like to help my small local shop (http://www.motorcyclefactoryinc.com/), I try to buy my tires there.  I usually pick the tire I want online, print the ad from Bike Bandit or wherever and take it to the shop.  They will usually match the price (to include any shipping) or beat it.  Also , since I bought the tire there, they give me half off the mounting cost.  I buy all of my riding gear thru them the same way.  Most shops can order anything.  Every 3 months they have a seasonal sale where the entire shop is at least 20% off to include special orders for that weekend.  For fathers Day this weekend they are offering free State safety inspections and a buch of other things.

I'm not really advertising for them, but it's nice to have a good shop nearby.  The "other" one a little closer to me is very expensive and impersonal.  I go there to try gear on then by it from mine.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »
I've found Partzilla to have good prices and the shipping prices and speed to be reasonable.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »
Bikebandit.com seems to have good prices and you get a 10% discount if you have an AMA membership.  Free shipping for purchases over $100, I think.  Ordered an OEM petcock on Sunday, sent from CA, received in OH on Friday, for $72 shipped.

But, I have found you need to shop around to find the best price on any individual part, especially taking into consideration, available discounts and shipping vs. free shipping.

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »
Bikebandit.com seems to have good prices and you get a 10% discount if you have an AMA membership.  Free shipping for purchases over $100, I think.  Ordered an OEM petcock on Sunday, sent from CA, received in OH on Friday, for $72 shipped.

But, I have found you need to shop around to find the best price on any individual part, especially taking into consideration, available discounts and shipping vs. free shipping.
Ya, watch the shipping costs.  They lure you in with low prices then make it up on the shipping charges.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Depends.  (no not the adult diapers).

If its smaller parts like gaskets and bolts, I order online though my local Kawalski dealer's website fiche's.  Parts are slightly more than Bike Bandit and the others, but its shipped directly to the dealership with no shipping cost to me.

Real convenient and they a good bunch of guys too.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1