Author Topic: C-10 light mounts  (Read 14922 times)

Offline Tele130

Re: C-10 light mounts
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 08:44:27 AM »
Doug you have done business with me way too much and you know me way too well. 
I like a challenge and despise defeat. Yes it would be easier to shoot them black; wheres the fun in that.
I will post up some pics after work.  Maybe I just take this color matching thing way too serious ???

:rotflmao:
Too serious?  No, that's what you do.  Who can complain about a product made by a member who took the time, effot and pride to put their name on it?

I LMAO with the "Where's the fun in that" comment ;D
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
Strange, if you only look at your 06's by photo's this color is for you  ???
But I swear its purple. The candy blue looks nice. Wish I had something to compare it next to LOL
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Tele130

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
Strange, if you only look at your 06's by photo's this color is for you  ???
But I swear its purple. The candy blue looks nice. Wish I had something to compare it next to LOL

Are those bracket the same color?  Or is the one on the left the darker Blue?

Doug Colton

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
Same color, why do you ask?? :o Are you color blind  :P :P
No Doug, the one on the right is sorta Sonic Blue (candy blue) the one on the left is 'dark blue' but I have nicknamed  it MOTHER *-$!@% what the cr@p happened purple.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
For those of you with 06 midnight blue; I apologize. I thought I would try a new company. Its not working out so good. I based my purchase off of the web photos that I posted. The Sonic Blues can go out. I need to order differant powder for the dark blue. If you can spare the time I will get it right. I can do black, chrome, candy persimons red, red wagon, kawasaki lime green, rally wheel sparkle, Ford blue but I will not send you purple for that pretty color of bike.
And yes I have always loved the 06 color.
2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
For you Chris, I can wait.  :rotflmao: :thumbs:

Doug Colton

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 10:35:33 PM »
All is good, Chris. Thanks for your diligent nature, and the land will know thy name, for your work speaks volumes.. (can't find the "kiss butt" smiley)
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
I would like to tell ya a story that happened in the not so distant past. The year was late 2005, location: Kawasaki headquarters.
Engineer #1 Did you hear that 2006 will be the last year we make the C-10?
Engineer #2 Yes, what a shame. We should makeke it a color that is almost impossible to match.
Engineer #1 Ha-ha that would be awesome.
THE END.
Well I showed them....at least I think I came darn close. I will know more in the am when I open the oven.
2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
I would like to tell ya a story that happened in the not so distant past. The year was late 2005, location: Kawasaki headquarters.
Engineer #1 Did you hear that 2006 will be the last year we make the C-10?
Engineer #2 Yes, what a shame. We should makeke it a color that is almost impossible to match.
Engineer #1 Ha-ha that would be awesome.
THE END.
Well I showed them....at least I think I came darn close. I will know more in the am when I open the oven.

:rotflmao:
Yea, but it sure is purdy.  ;D

Doug Colton

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
I think I got the 06's right close. I hope the 01's are a good match.
I do have to apologize; the 06's are not my best work. I had to put down multiple coats to get the color right. The problem that arises from multiple coating is the huge chance of sags In the powder as it melts. Some have some very tiny sags. I honestly doubt you will see them once mounted.
Parts should start leaving Lillie Fabrication and Powder-coating LLC tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for their patience.
Ride safe everyone
2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 07:41:33 PM »
I think I got the 06's right close. I hope the 01's are a good match.
I do have to apologize; the 06's are not my best work. I had to put down multiple coats to get the color right. The problem that arises from multiple coating is the huge chance of sags In the powder as it melts. Some have some very tiny sags. I honestly doubt you will see them once mounted.
Parts should start leaving Lillie Fabrication a :t :thumbs:humbs:nd Powder-coating LLC tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for their patience.
Ride safe everyone

You know me Chris. I'd wait another year if that's what you need. Not only am I easy, I trust your work totally.   No problem buddy.

Doug Colton

Offline deadzed

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
Mine showed up today. They look great! Thanks!
“And I to my motorcycle. Parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106, continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed. Wild to be wreckage forever”
James Dickey

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
They are a little darker than I had planned. I should have stopped with one coat. If you would like the lighter I would be more than happy to re-coat them.
Mine showed up today. They look great! Thanks!
2002 Conc

Offline deadzed

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »
They are a little darker than I had planned. I should have stopped with one coat. If you would like the lighter I would be more than happy to re-coat them.

Not at all. I'm perfectly happy. Thanks again.
“And I to my motorcycle. Parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106, continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed. Wild to be wreckage forever”
James Dickey

Offline Cavediver

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »
Got the Root beer yesterday looks better then the sample pictures in this thread. Thanks Chris.

Jack

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »
Chris,  got mine today and they look great except for one thing.  They are quite a bit lighter then the '01 blue.  I saw you said something about recoating them.  Is that a pain?  If so I can just spray them black.  I love how they fit though, way better then the aluminum ones I made on the crash bars!
Tori '01

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
Recieved the package yesterday, opened today.. Damn good match! Better build than what I expected, for sure!
Thank you, Chris!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
Chris,  got mine today and they look great except for one thing.  They are quite a bit lighter then the '01 blue.  I saw you said something about recoating them.  Is that a pain?  If so I can just spray them black.  I love how they fit though, way better then the aluminum ones I made on the crash bars!
No problem at all.  You spent good money, you deserve a good product that you are happy with.
In the "wanted" section I am trying to round up broken bits and pieces of 86-06 Connies.  Think of it as a paint chip chart.
I will re-coat them on one condition...take a pic of them for me.  I'm doubting you, I just would like to know how much lighter they are for future reference.
Do you have another color in mind? If you do I can get another set on the way.
2002 Conc

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:16 AM »
Recieved the package yesterday, opened today.. Damn good match! Better build than what I expected, for sure!
Thank you, Chris!
You made it an entire day before opening the package...son you have got willpower.  Now about this "better build than what i expected"   WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU EXPECTING :o :o ??? ???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  These little mounts go on one of the best bikes in the world.  We just cannot haphazardly throw bobbles on them :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
I'm glad you like them.
2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »
I just got back for North Carolina at 4 O'clock this morning, package was delived at 10:30 am, opened at 10:31 am. ;D.  Thanks Chris.  I'll make it out to the garage sometime today............15 hours of driving, I'm not in any hurry to do anything! ;)

Doug Colton